Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I was thinking they gave Fitz the cloaking assignment because it couldn't be solved easily (in his condition). So the busywork keeps him occupied and Fitz gets to say "hey I'm useful" (though it doesn't seem to be working out right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mymla posted:

I'm gonna be very disappointed if anything Ward says has a different intent behind it than "God I wanna get out of this cell so I can be with my hydra pals again".

Nah, it's been shown that Ward has laser-focus when it comes to his priorities.

With Garrett gone, his priority is banging Skye.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Elentor posted:

Simmons will be brainwashed. Unable to do anything about it, Fitz joins Hydra.

Eventually everyone joins Hydra and they take it down from the inside by becoming important directors.

And they will all try to convince Skye that they did it for all the right reasons.

Skydra 4 ever.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is 'metahuman' copyrighted in anyway? That's DC's standard term now, but I could have sworn they've used in on this show. Am I misremembering things?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Strabo4 posted:

It is a thing of beauty.

ed: dropkick

Can I just quote this post forever? :allears:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Inkspot posted:

But they never explained what that standard op was? SHIELD is going to show up, because if they don't there's no show, but a little explanation of what the rest of the team thought Coulson and May were doing, and how they even knew to go to a benefit for a burned-down church to get the painting would have been nice. Or, like I said, I might have missed it, but I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm glad the show is fully embracing the goofy Steranko comic book spy tech. It makes the show a lot more fun to watch, despite still being frustratingly uneven.

Yeah, they say it's a standard op, they hide the fact that it's personal for Coulson.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Inkspot posted:

The fact that the team doesn't know the mission is personal for Coulson was made abundantly clear. But just waving it off to them as "a standard op" doesn't explain WHY the team thought the mission took them there at all. A standard op doing what?

"There's a benefit with a bunch of rich people, so let's case the joint and hope there's some Hydra poo poo going down, and oh look, a mysterious painting with Kree on the back! Good thing we were 'standard op-ing' the place!"

Hey the Director directs, drones follow. :colbert:

:hailhydra:

edit: compliance will be rewarded

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ToastyPotato posted:

There is no reason for her to leave the show if she has powers. Disney is taking it easy for now, but if having a super powered person on the team proves popular, then they will have a super powered person on the team. There is literally not a single reason for why they couldn't have a powered character in the main cast.

Her powers could be "aptitude with computers" or something boring like that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

awesome-express posted:

So did Fitz tell Simmons he wants to date? All the characters seem to imply that he did and she rejected him, but I don't recall him spilling his guts to her.

It was when they were in a box in the ocean about to die.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

greatn posted:

Maybe Coulson made sure the agents transporting him were equipped with icers.

I'm fuzzy on the ending, but don't icers have a specific sound and glow blue?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Fitz is crushing it. So good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Unkempt posted:

Those guys are going to get hosed up

why does Aquaman need a helmet full of water?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is Agents of SHIELD the first successful large scale tv-film universe cross promotion thing? I guess there was Star Trek.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ming-Na Wen, and therefore May, will always have a special place in my heart because she was Mulan, the best Disney princess. Mulan owns.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I totally blocked it from my mind that May had sex with Ward. Huh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I'm gonna start calling Skye Daisy exclusively from now on. That's bound to piss someone off.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Doctor Butts posted:

What's the point, we already know Skye is a Mary Sue :smug:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Spend all that time finding the temple and get stopped at the front door :lol:

ps daisy is cool

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Himuro posted:

I don't like season 2 of Agents of SHIELD so far.

In typical comic book fashion they have taken a great, fun, simple concept and turned it into a self serious emo shitshow.

Season 2 displays almost none of the charm, humor, or fun of season 1. It's a depressing, boring, plodding hot mess that doesn't know what it wants to be in terms of tone whose plot moves too slow to get invested in anything. The new characters are boring, too. I don't even know their names aside from Bobbi. It's okay, but hardly fun comedic spy nerd show of the original season. My boyfriend and I have aughed a few times once and we are seven episodes in.

I doubt it'll get better. The characters aren't even characters anymore. The character interaction of season 1? Gone. Skye is basically a non-character now. She hasn't hacked once this entire season and displays none of her past ideological underpinnings that made me like her. All she cares about is finding her dad and doing what Coulson says and being May-lite.

Lola, the camaraderie of Fitz-Simmons, the lighthearted banter between May and Ward, the relationships of the team, all of it has taken a step back to some alien claptrap and the characters was what made me like Agents of Shield to begin with. This new season is like watching some a sci-fi spy Law and Order rather than something resembling a show based off a line of comic books and I find the amount of praise it has received this season to be frankly, odd.

Doombot spotted

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

All this Sony Spider-Man garbage makes me sad because I really like Andrew Garfield as Spidey.

/offtopic

I love Daisy.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dexo posted:

Who's the chick on the left(may's right) in the Black and white spider-man looking costume(Not Gwen)?

Cindy Moon, aka Silk. Introduced during Spider-Verse/Original Sin as the second person the spider bit after Peter Parker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The MSJ posted:

Agents of SHIELD season 2 return preview.

http://youtu.be/sX8zYa_E_kg

Oh yeah I love me some Daisy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

wiegieman posted:

There's going to be a scene where Vincent D'onofrio strangles a dude, and he's really going to sell it.

I hope they do that scene where that henchman fails and Kingpin basically tells the man how he's going to die and the guy doesn't even blink.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Technically they were just in the foyer of the place.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Fitz is easily my favorite of the main cast, followed by Daisy. I remember after the hypoxia episode of being afraid that he was about to transition into more of a guest star.

Edit: Phil and May also own

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Mymla posted:

So Raina, is she with Professor X or Magneto?

The Morlocks.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The Sharmat posted:

Didn't Crossbones die in Winter Soldier?

No, but he was visibly disfigured iirc

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Favorite part was Cal getting mega-butthurt when No Eyes called him a science experiment and told him to leave

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The Sharmat posted:

But SHIELD isn't gone.

I love that speech Coulson gives in the snow right after Winter Soldier. He's a company man trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

PunkBoy posted:

Cover art for the next episode:

Man I'm getting creeped out by Ward in that artwork.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

twistedmentat posted:

That Furious 7 ad made it look like a romance between those two.

That's creepy seeing Chloe Bennett's face and having Ming-Na's voice coming out of the mouth.

Just catching up on the thread. Is it weird that I find this kind of hot?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Bennett and Dalton sold the hell out of that scene.

Ward is so good that I can't tell if he's really into mask lady or just using her for some evil guy stuff.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Simmons is definitely on her way to crazy town

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

MikeJF posted:

Aww, Fitz is crying a tiny bit when he learns about Mack's betrayal in the server room. I really hope Mack flips back and they get explanations and apologies and hugs.

Every time Mack calls Fitz "turbo" I automatically place nerd at the end of it, changing it from a nice nickname to an insult.

turbonerd

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

double nine posted:

My prediction: Simmons is going to come close to unlocking the thing, then either have a change of heart or Fitz is going to force the issue by holding the toolbox over a vat of acid or something. I'm betting on change of heart, I don't think the writers want to have Simmons join team stupid.

She's already on team racist though

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

enraged_camel posted:

I know I'm late to the show, but this is really the most badass scene of the season so far.

I don't know, was the May vs May coffee table bang this year?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I'm hyped this week because everyone could use more May in their lives, even in mid-April.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Can't wait for the inevitable Daisy/Raina showdown in which Daisy vibrates Raina's thorns into shrapnel and Raina just yells out "I had a dream about this!"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

mikeraskol posted:

Please be Blade please be Blade please be Blade please be Blade.

Whatever happened to Wesley Snipes anyway?

vvvvvvvv yes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hunter was the prime suspect for turning on the team but he turned out to be a good guy in the end :3:

• Locked thread