Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ToastyPotato posted:

I wish she was given a more human character to play on the actual show.

She pulled a prank, once. That's like having feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

edit: Should not be magnifying glassing posters from a cell phone screen.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Slashrat posted:

May started out the series as a desk jockey as well, and joined the team on the condition of not doing field work, so it's not a stretch to say that Ward was the best field agent on the team. It just didn't stay that way.

She was a desk jockey because she asked to be. That whole "Cavalry" subplot was about setting her agent bona fides.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

greatn posted:

They said in the pilot Ward and May are on the same combat level as Barton and Romanov. Except I assume Barton's better at bows than everyone else and Romanov is better at guns sweet lucha libre moves than everyone else. Ward's expertise seems to be CQC and May's seems to be improvised weapons.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Deakul posted:

...Sons of Anarchy it is.

Watching on mute is an option.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Bruceski posted:

My money's on Trip's grandfather.

Emily van Camp is an octoroon?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

So TAHITI now has no side effects. That's kinda game changing. (No one dies, ever.)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gavok posted:

The biggest hint was when he threw away Fitz's sandwich because that's when I knew he was a monster worse than Thanos himself.

When Fitz tried to kill him by suffocation, I expected that to come up.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i thought it was a big turtleneck gun holster

Tactleneck

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

VDay posted:

Wolverine's going to show up?!?!?!

FTFY

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

XboxPants posted:

I'm starting to think that whoever suggested "Mom Heart Tattoo" for the symbol may actually be right. I've been trying to look up the rest of the symbols Carter is looking at, and the closest things I've found have just been the bullshit mish-mashes of "ancient symbols" you find on tattoo websites. I wonder if she's looking through a tattoo book.

It's a symbol for "Loves Whips". Leviathan is Vanko.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm a bit surprised she hasn't gotten a breast reduction a la Christina Ricci. Back problems are serious business.

That'd be like slapping God in the face.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Hawkeye & Black Widow are covert ops agents, so their identities are secret by definition?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Bruceski posted:

When somebody really wants the acronym to spell SHIELD, where do you *think* they're gonna go?

What does H.A.M.M.E.R stand for anyway?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

WarLocke posted:

I swear if this turns into a dorito thing I am going to be really mad

You have failed this thread.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

XboxPants posted:

If you were hoping this would be a show about how Carter "defeats" sexism within a few episodes and then it goes away and never gets mentioned again, you're looking for something quite a bit more unrealistic than a comic book show.

Going by posts in this thread about crying and boobs, sexism very not defeated 60 years after the one-shot.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mars4523 posted:

Speaking of romance, do we know which theater of the war Agent Sousa served in? Because if it's the Pacific then that pretty much rules him out for being Peggy's eventual husband.

He's Peggy's future husband and a HYDRA member, obviously.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

*cough* slut *cough*

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I think I'm broken. I didn't hate that. Jarvis confiding in Peggy, and Peggy screwing herself over at work for Jarvis seemed like important character beats.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

SirDan3k posted:

The dark haired leviathan guy mentioned they were only actually after one particular thing from the vault and he broke ranks to try and sell the rest, that's what got the blond leviathan guy after him.

The thing they were actually after is probably a reverse engineered and incomplete super solider serum to bring the story full circle.

This, except arc reactor.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With Yelena, there is precedent for Black Widow being a title.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

swickles posted:

I figured we would run into the grandparents of some MCU characters in this episode. Who knows, maybe Jarvis is Simmons grandpa!? The redhead little girl is the grandmother of Natasha Romanov. Maybe Sousa has a daughter that marries a guy with the last name Coulson. Lots of possibilities with the timeframe and the source material.

Sousa is presumably Agent 13's (from Winter Soldier) grandfather since Peggy Carter's husband was a vet that Cap saved.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Not everybody gets wrestling references, guys.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mymla posted:

I dunno, Carter getting over her feelings for some dude who died a few years ago, a dude she never even got to second base with, doesn't make it a love story.

No way did Steve not motorboat those. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

It would probably (definitely) be a terrible idea, but I always kind of hope they'd cast The Big Show as the Kingpin :sweatdrop:

I sentence you to watching Knucklehead.

• Locked thread