Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
So AoS is gonna start up season 2 soon, and when it goes on break Agent Carter will jump in until AoS returns. And Daredevil is scheduled to start May 2015, around the time Agents of SHIELD ends its season.

So is Marvel planning on just having permanent MCU TV coverage from now until the end of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Haha, Fitz being :downs: is hilarious.

I hope this show doesn't fall back into terrible episodic poo poo that plagued last season.

Yeah, episodic stuff wouldn't necessarily ruin the show, it just has to be good episodic stuff. If they can keep on using more interesting, serious threat villains like they showed in this episode, then hey, I'm down with some bad-guy-of-the-week stuff with the ongoing plot as a side-dish.

More than anything, the crew behind this show have earned a lot of good will & trust with the end of last season and that season premiere. I stuck with this show because after watching Dollhouse, (and first seasons being shaky in general) I had a lot of hope that this show would improve and I'm really glad that I did.

Creel was great. The VFX blew away anything they did in the first season, he really seemed like a superdude that some Avengers characters might have to fight in a movie. And they even gave him a little bit of character development with the "snorting diamonds" stuff. I'll be interested to see whether they develop him into an actual character, or sorta just keep him as a Terminator-like threat.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

jng2058 posted:

HYDRA planned for him to be in there and for him to get out with the obelisk, right? So they also must have planned a way for him to get out of DC besides walking. So he exited the base, hooked up with his ride, probably a helicopter or something, spotted the not at all subtle because we're panicking black SUV, dropped Creel off in their way, and BAM.

Not even much of a stretch, really.

DC traffic is really loving awful, you don't even need all that to explain it. I have no difficulty believing that he could have beat them there on foot. DC has perhaps the worst urban planning in the nation, the only logic used when laying out the road planning for that place was how to make the best bitchin' rad alchemical symbol. And they did that but in terms of driving, it's just horrific.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I have to say I really like how they handled Fitz's story this episode. The writers did a great job manipulating emotions of the audience.

First, we have the comedic fakeout. We think he's comatose, but no he's just concentrating. Audience is relieved immediately though we see he's quite a bit more irritable than normal. Ok, we knew there would be some fallout, he's just hardened a bit. Oh crap, he's blanking on words and is having trouble doing his work. There really is some lasting damage here. However, Simmons says he's been improving and she's helping him along. There's hope he'll be alright in the end. Then there's the whammy at the end that Simmons was just in his head and Coulson feels he's slipping away and the audience is crushed.

Then you step back for a moment and think about it. Simmons may have been in his head, but she was completing his sentences and filling in his blanks. He's intelligence is still in there, fighting to get out. So, some hope is restored that he may be restored to his former intelligence level but it's tempered by the fact that he's clearly losing grip on reality and becoming more isolated.

I think they're setting Fitz up to go down the path of an antagonist to the team. I don't think he'll flip to Hydra or anything like that but rather be sort of a chaotic mad scientist element wildcard later. He'll likely be desperate to prove himself that he's still useful to the team and overreach into a morally grey area that Coulson isn't willing to walk anymore after what happened with Hydra infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D.

Good post, and I love your idea for Fitz to be a wildcard, neutral kinda character. Someone who wouldn't necessarily be part of SHIELD, but they could go to for help if they really need it, and are willing to roll the dice. Sorta like how Deathlok is right now. The more this show can build up a complicated web of grey, uncertain relationships between various super spy factions, the better.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think the show does get better re-watching it, because a surprising amount of stuff either comes back, or is set up to come back in the future. You can see where the little bits of stuff Ward feeds to Garrett comes from. It actually ties in together a lot more than it appeared to on the first run.

And yes, you can see Skye progressing as an agent, starting out pretty incompetent, but driven to get better, which she does slowly over the course of the season. Her being able to climb a rope and shoot two guys with an icer does not mean she's now an super-agent.

I hadn't considered until that episode that those Icers are actually really worthwhile and not just a "we don't want out main characters to kill a ton of people" plot device. I mean, the ability to completely incapacitate any enemy combatant with a single hit to any part of their body is a pretty great upgrade, especially for a character who might not be a perfect shot, like Skye.

(and of course there's the fact that they're more effective on various metahumans too, but besides that the "hit anywhere = out cold" is a great effect)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Cool to see the CG quinjet, was a little worried they'd only have fancy budget effects like that in the Season Premiere and then the rest of the season would go down to bare-bones budget.

I mean, it was still sorta cheap, mediocre CG, but it was pretty good for TV and good enough to work well in context.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

She never was really working for them, just with them. Means to an end.

I don't get how this episode is boring really, it's not balls to the wall like the premiere but it's fine.

Yeah, it's not as good but it's pretty decent and it's picking up. If this quality-level is what's going to stand as the "bad episodes" this season that'll be great.

Codependent Poster posted:

I like this guy with Fitz. He's cool as hell.

Yeah, great new combo.

Does anyone remember what the previous device of Fitz's they looked at on the tablet was?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Slashrat posted:

Nothing overt. Mainly the scene at the end of S01E20 where Fitz wanted Simmons to reassure him that she wasn't Hydra and she gave a really genuine and heartfelt one. While it stands on it own as a touching moment of Fitz feeling horribly betrayed and having lost his former blind trust in the people he holds close, it just seemed like a perfect setup for Simmons turning out to have been lying to his face right then.

Also there was some scene where she had a little off-hand remark to herself angsting about having to lie all the time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

I expected Creel to end up as a statue, but that they'd spin it as a "And he's gone for good now! :downs:" so they could have him "shockingly" show up again later, like what they did with Graviton... so I was really glad Coulson was smart enough to make that logical leap himself.

That said, Crusher Creel behind bars under the jurisdiction of this rear end in a top hat general is a great first step towards getting a Thunderbolts plotline started. That'd be an awesome spinoff show, I fuckin' love me some Thunderbolts. Throw them in against Luke Cage on his show or something, I dunno, whatever.

Braki posted:

I thought the season finale showed Raina referring to him as Skye's dad. Trey MacDougal has come a long way since Charlotte left him.

In the finale there was a "Skye's dad" character that Raina talked to, but we didn't see his face at that time. This is the first time we got to see who he actually is.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Ah, must have gotten mixed up somehow. Also, they apparently can't call them mutants either.

I think I heard a completely BS rumor once that Fox can only call them by their real names but MCU can only call them by their code names but, as mentioned, it was completely made up/speculation.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Tarquinn posted:

The movies are probably making a lot more money than the comics they are based on. (I have no clue about the size of the comic-book industry.)

No, you're right, it's real small. The amount of cash generated directly by sales of comics is very small, though you can't really say that comics don't make drive profits because of other factors (licensing).

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 10, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

They're doing a great job with the gadgets and such, showing that this show isn't just Burn Notice or whatever other spy show, but a comic-booky, extra sci-fi spy show. There's Hydra's tech like the hacking robot that hacked the plane, and the pain-bug that Ageless Nazi used on Raina, but it's especially cool that they're tapping into the shared universe movie stuff, with the Winter Soldier mask, the telepresence retinas that were reminiscent of the trick from Avengers.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah, they say it's a standard op, they hide the fact that it's personal for Coulson.

I thought the "Standard OP" thing was specifically referring to Skye trying to dig into what secret business Coulson has been up to all season, and how so far they're not in danger because Skye still thinks it's just some kind of typical secret SHIELD business and doesn't know it's something personal.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Inkspot posted:

The fact that the team doesn't know the mission is personal for Coulson was made abundantly clear. But just waving it off to them as "a standard op" doesn't explain WHY the team thought the mission took them there at all. A standard op doing what?

"There's a benefit with a bunch of rich people, so let's case the joint and hope there's some Hydra poo poo going down, and oh look, a mysterious painting with Kree on the back! Good thing we were 'standard op-ing' the place!"

In regards to how they found out about the painting, I don't think it was a secret to begin with? When the church is verifying a miracle that often makes big news. They showed it being in the newspaper and stuff, and it was publicly known there was weird symbols/writing on the back, there was a picture of it even.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

My understanding is that what we're supposed to get Tuesday will show all of the characters. Vision is missing from this, and the one on io9...

Also, I think Marvel's initial reaction on Twitter was great:

I really hope that's the case. I thought this was a pretty decent idea on Marvel's behalf to try to maybe get some people to watch the drat show, check it out again and perhaps see how much better/good it is. Yeah, it wasn't going to massively shift the fate of the show, but even if just a few people watch the next Agents of SHIELD episode just to catch the new Ultron trailer, and subsequently decide that Agents of SHIELD is worth watching, I'd be happy.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Error 404 posted:

And once they manifest she'll leave the show and either join the Avengers as Captain Marvel, or get her own movie first.

Ahahahaha, you think SKYE getting a Hollywood blockbuster movie is more likely than having a character on the show with super powers?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I'm so happy that hair color is so important to people that watch superhero shows, it's time people got their priorities in order.

It's as important as any other part of their general look, like their costume design or general build. Which is to say, not that important, but not meaningless either. Like, Alexander Skarsgård would be a weird choice to play Peter Parker and Adrianne Palicki would be a weird choice for She Hulk.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

That was Irish Joe though

EDIT: Nevermind, XboxPants made a serious post about it

Don't get me wrong, loyalty to the source or whatever is silly, and Character Hairstyle is a really dumb nit to pick. There'd be nothing wrong with a brunette Captain Marvel. But it seems like people are arguing that character design is meaningless, and that's not the case. The way a character looks plays into how a viewer perceives them.

The new Flash show does this well - Barry would have looked like a total douche if they made him blonde, like that smug blonde detective. Great choice there. On the other hand, Captain America's "blonde hair, blue eyes" plays into his whole "American as apple pie" vibe.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Of course it does. Doesn't necessarily mean Inhumans, and for what it's worth, several of the hints we've gotten (the Kree considering the city "home," their intent being to conquer or exterminate humanity) don't really match the 616 backstory for the Inhumans, either.

You're just flat-out wrong, there. The Kree created the Inhumans with the express purpose of conquering Earth. They've done the same thing on a number of planets.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Sorry if we're veering into comics chat, but can you quickly explain why that was needed? It was my understanding that the Kree are supreme warmongering badasses. Why did they need Inhumans to conquer Earth? The only thing I know about them is what I read during my Cosmic binge after the GotG movie, and all I know is that the Inhumans were created in order to genetically uplift the Kree or something.

It's about efficiency. They could easily have sent used Kree resources to build up Earth, but better off to let the Terrans do it, then let the Terrans conquer themselves for you too. No Kree commander's gonna be bothered conquering some shithole backwater planet like that.

edit:

mikeraskol posted:

I think Earth was in a particularly good strategic location or something like that.

Oh yeah that too. I mean if we're really gonna get into it, specifically the earth's core used to be a cosmic cube (i.e. the tesseract) so there was all kinds of wonky poo poo there for aliens to get hype on.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 19, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

Wait!
Ward is a middle aged, white, male sociopath with a tragic backstory, who kills countless people, thinks of himself as the hero and has a weird misson focused mentality.

He is a video game protagonist!

Just think about it. He does reckless things like juming out of a flying plane to catch Fitz, or singlehandedly defeating a bunch of enemies. He gets ordered around by a mentor character without really thinking why he advances the plot this way. The first thing he does in the show is make a stupid quip. Now that his mentor is dead, he is on a weird redemption arc which only happens in his head. And the only way you can root for him is by surrounding him with literal nazis, to look good in comparison.

Dogshooting 101 was the tutorial level, where he learned to fend for himself.

Makes sense why some people can't seem to grasp that have that weird Ward blindspot, they're used to characters like him being the hero.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Enjoy reading this you git.

http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/12/yes-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-introducing-the-inhumans-this-season/

I'm on your side but that "article" is nothing but some random rear end in a top hat putting forth his interpretation of last night's episode and calling it official.

Also he suggests that Mack is probably Luke Cage and that next week we'll see Adam Warlock. :allears:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

thrakkorzog posted:

Hey, it's people who got random powers from aliens. It's possible the show could do a total mindfuck, and it turns out that all the people who got super powers from aliens, are actually descended from members of the Power Pack. That would be one hell of a twist. A stupid twist, but a twist.

It's not just random aliens, though, it's specifically the same aliens, the Kree. Comic book lore has such an obscene amount of just... heaps of details that you can't just ignore the minutia like that.

Like, for instance, the Power Pack didn't just get their powers from random aliens, they got their powers from Kymellians. They kinda look like horses. Beta Ray Bill (Space Thor) is a Kymellian. Funny coincidence, there are Kymellian "Inhumans", also created by the Kree, with the same origin as the Terran Inhumans. One of Black Bolt's five wives is a Kymellian.

If the show had been talking all season about a lone Kymellian Sorceror who had, with his dying breath, given magic powers to a small group of humans in order to fight lizard people then yes, people would be expecting a Power Pack reference.

Instead, it's a story about Kree coming to Earth in pre-historic times to build a large, advanced, hidden city guarded by Kree Sentries in order to experiment on humans and allow a chosen few (as well as their descendants who have now mixed into the population and most, but not all, been forgotten) to become "something more", although those humans don't seem to be much more than human unless they go to that aforementioned city and interact with the Kree technology.

We don't know how much detail they'll go into on the show, but it's a little too detailed to be coincidence at this point.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 4, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I'm going to be completely honest that the reason there is any remaining skepticism on the matter is probably because this show has a pretty poor track record of sticking the landing on this sort of thing. No matter how well-made AoS is right now, it still tends heavily towards the blue-balls approach in regards to its superhuman storylines.

I mean, it's going to be Inhumans. We can all see that virtually all hints point towards it being the Inhumans. But I agree that until the words "Inhuman," "Attilan," or "Terrigen" are uttered aloud onscreen, they could still cheap out on us. Just, in my opinion, they haven't completely earned the benefit of the doubt on this matter just yet.

Actually, I think what would be even worse is if they make it so that it's blatantly, obviously the Inhumans, but still continue to hold off on officially declaring it the Inhumans for years to come, kinda like they've been doing now, and like they did last season with "Hydra" and "Centipede."

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. You're being totally fair. I'd like to imagine the show has gotten better about this kind of thing but they certainly haven't proven anything yet. Same deal with Skye & her dad; it really, really looks like we know who they are, but until they actually say the words Daisy or Hyde/Zabo they could still do something dumb there, too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

It just occurred to me that the other thing Bobbi and Mack have going on could be Avengers related. Maybe Hill approached Bobbi about joining Tony's Avengers Academy and she will take Tripp with her now instead?

That... actually makes a lot of sense. Something Avengers related, anyway.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Spiffster posted:

Nolan North did Hulk vs Wolverine's Deadpool and I loved every second of that.

:mmmsmug: : LOGAN! it's me, Deadpool! I Shoootttt Yoooouuu!

Pretty sure it's on Netflix and its worth a watch if you like the marvel universe.

Edit: it is but it looks like they lead off with Hulk vs Thor. Still good but the Wolverine bit is much better

That whole little universe of the "VS" movies, Wolverine & the X-Men, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a great run of animation. Probably Marvel's best animated run. Maybe not up there with the DCAU, but the best attempt so far.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

e X posted:

It's a reference to Black Bolt, the king of the Inhumans, whose superpower is his voice, which is so powerful, a single word from him can level mountains, so he normally doesn't speak at all.

No, Reader's powers is that he can read words and turn them into reality.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Oh, I didn't even catch that they were making her dad Mister Hyde too, nice.
Have you? God, I'm slow, apparently. What made you think he was Hyde, "crazy guy who is also a doctor" is still a pretty big leap.

Yeah, but there's only so many crazy doctors and remember that with the internet, every single one of those doctor characters is gonna get looked at just by trial and error. Eventually someone will get to Calvin Zabo and it all falls into place. "Bad guy who is also a doctor" isn't enough to go on, but if you're "Bad guy doctor who sometimes flies into fits of rage who also has a superhero SHIELD-agent daughter", that gives you enough to make a strong connection.

Tsvi posted:

So it just dawned on me.

They killed Whitehall, but Ward and Agent 13 escaped.

You kill one head of the Hydra and two will rise in its place.

Really nice observation, love it. :allears:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

I have become really impressed with this show. I'm sure some of it is Marvel fanboy-ism, but I'd like to think it's also just a really good series, too.

In particular Skye's actress is doing pretty well, she's come much further than I ever thought she would. I thought Marvel was crazy for casting some vapid burnout C-pop starlet but it's turning out great. Gotta admit a massive part of that is the writing, too. They could have made her totally pathetic and annoying, instead she loving put four rounds into Ward as soon as he turned his back, so awesome.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

You do realize that if SHIELD ever plays a role in a film again, or if Coulson shows up or is revealed to be alive in a film, that your whole point of view falls apart right? The movies have not yet touched SHIELD, so if SHIELD ever gets brought up as still existing, either in Avengers or Cap 3, then that would literally be something that originated on the TV show effecting the films.

You're basically pulling the same thing again. Before the show would never introduce Inhumans and now you are saying nothing from the shows would ever play an important role in a film. Which is a pretty bogus statement because so far very few plot points from any single film have effected any other film. Abomination never shows up again in another film, Cap 2 doesn't give a crap about what happened in Thor 2. Neither Cap 2 nor Thor 2 mention the events of Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't mention a single event from a single other MCU film. The only connection is Thanos and Infinity stones. The other stones aren't mentioned directly, even though we know the Collector had one.

It feels like you're missing something with Guardians of the Galaxy there. What about the Kree? I could swear they were previously introduced somewhere else in the MCU before the movie, but I just can't quite put my finger on where exactly that was.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

I've never insisted that the films would never even acknowledge the TV side of things; I actually think that's more likely than not to happen eventually. Just not on a more significant level than cameos or Easter eggs.

I think I'm just not exactly sure what you're arguing, since obviously the show did just now introduce the entire premise of one of the upcoming movies.

Are you saying that although the show may include story elements that are of significant importance to the events of the movies, the movies will just never really mention them in any significant way?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Monkey's paw!

If Mack comes back with "weirdness" that eventually lets him end up with cool powers then it's all worth it. Do we even know his full name yet? What is "Mack", even, first, last, nickname?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Dexo posted:

Also there is no loving way that Feige is letting the TV show introduce and run with the Inhumans until like 2018 or whenever the gently caress that movie comes out, without at the very least going over the SHIELD scripts and OKing them.

Moving on, I think this could actually be a really great way to pace this story. You're slowly learning more and more for a couple years, but mostly it just seems like there are a few scattered Inhumans loose around the world, maybe you don't even know the term, you know almost nothing about the backstory. They aren't really in touch with whatever ancient origin they have and most/all ancient technology is long, long forgotten.

Then suddenly the movie comes out and Black Bolt shows up with the Royal Family and full-on cosmic-supertech Attilan and it's like HOLY poo poo.

I really, really really hope the series is still running when that poo poo hits the fan.

ToastyPotato posted:

They just straight up introduced inhumans and Skye is Quake and her dad is Mr. Hyde.

I want Cal to get more powers and come on the show more, he is unbelievably good. Also that preview showed more Absorbing Man with his wrecking ball, gently caress yesssss.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 10, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Electromax posted:

She shot him 4 times so she could escape. Pausing for a gratuitous execution shot to "properly finish someone off" would've felt like a bit much to me. Plus Ward is a fun character to have hanging around. (Also Coulson didn't "properly finish off" Whitehall either, whoops, I'm thinking he'll be back)

She's been with SHIELD a little over a year and hasn't fully transitioned to "cold-blooded compartmentalized killer", frankly I like it. She's pretty badass at this point, but some things are still difficult and that's good.

The thing about her powers being tied to a sad event where she lost a friend, that's not suggesting anything mystical, it's a little emotional twist. It's gonna be hard to feel 100% happy about what happened in that cave 'cause every time she thinks too hard about how she got her powers, she's gonna remember her friend dying and it will make her sad.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Out of character? She's supposed to be a field agent who has trained under May, who would definitely have done the job right and certainly taught Skye how to do it right, too.

And I'm not totally sure what the difference is between shooting someone four times in the chest versus once in the head. Both of those things are clearly done with the intent to kill someone. Except Skye doesn't seem to know how to do it properly.

She couldn't kill her dad, either, even though he's a murderer. She's consistently shown a difficulty in executing people throughout the series, and has only done it when absolutely necessary.

One of the ways that soldiers are able to kill people while still staying relatively sane is by dehumanizing their enemies, not thinking of them as people. You may not understand this, but what that means is that with someone like Ward, that Skye has a close personal relationship with, even though she hates him and wishes he was dead, it makes it harder to use her SHIELD "don't think of them as a person" psychology on. So it's harder to kill him like that.

The difference between center mass shots and headshots is that while both have "intent to kill", as you say, with center mass shots you don't know for sure that they'll die. With a headshot, you basically know for sure that you're murdering someone.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

I thought it was a really nice touch that when Triplett was running around defusing the bombs, that although they didn't mention anything about it, his gunshot from a couple episodes back started bleeding and the bloodstain slowly got bigger over those scenes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

D-Pad posted:

So is monster Raina an Alpha Primitive?

Probably not. Alpha Primitives in the comics are not created with the same crystals used for Inhumans, and I don't think they're even really Inhumans, just normal humans exposed to another kind of gas. Raina seemed like she was an actual Kree-modified Inhuman, just not activated. Alpha Primitives are just simple slaves, while Raina looked like a weird monster. Turning into a weird monster is actually pretty common for Inhumans, it's a big risk.

Mack was more like an Alpha Primitive.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

WarLocke posted:

So I'm a few episodes behind on this show (I just watched the one where they figure out the line drawings are a city schematic), then I get up and check this thread...

Looks like I really need to catch up ASAP. :catstare:

It's really loving good.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe. Speculation is he's a relatively new character named the Reader.

I noticed on the second viewing he starts his scene carrying around a book. I mean, sure, small detail, but I think you gotta take those small details and run with them in this show. It's not like the actor just happened to carry that book onto the set from his trailer, it was intentionally written into the scene.

So far four things we know about the guy are: Probably Inhuman - Interested in new Inhumans and taking care of them - No eyes - Association with reading.

So yeah, probably the Reader. People know now to take even the tiniest clue as intentional now, like Ward's odd self-awareness about himself when he did that self-impression in S1. They're gonna have to work really hard to intentionally trick us if they want to foreshadow something and have it still come as a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Pander posted:

Hell yes. His takedown was great.

That was such an excellent fight, this show has such great choreography. The leg-head-grab was great, but then also Cal just picked him up like a loving beast and slammed him. And when he was wailing on him it just looked so brutal, probably some great foley work there that I didn't particularly notice at the time.

Was that the only big fight set piece in this episode?

• Locked thread