Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dr. Remulak posted:

So I downloaded Swiftkey and it's basically just a note taking app? Anyone know when a swype keyboard should be available?

That's not the app. The actual keyboard isn't out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

HortonNash posted:

The new keyboards are extensions, aren't they? So is the swiftkey app a text editor with the extension bundled in?

It's a full on keyboard. Swiftkey Note is something they made before Apple allowed third party keyboards.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

HortonNash posted:

I realise it's a full keyboard, but it utilises the new extension framework which I believe Apple will only distribute on AppStore as part of a bundle with a functioning app. I was wondering what the app they were using in the bundle was.

Oh haha, it's a settings thing. That's what the app is.

efb Yeah it's that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I moved over from the S6 to the 6S (lmao) Plus, and I'm already having a minor issue. The badge notification is stuck on the App Store. It's telling me there's four updates but there's nothing in there.

In the meantime I've just disabled the badge.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Skeezy posted:

So I moved over from the S6 to the 6S (lmao) Plus, and I'm already having a minor issue. The badge notification is stuck on the App Store. It's telling me there's four updates but there's nothing in there.

In the meantime I've just disabled the badge.

loving lol I figured out why this happened. I turned off automatic updates for the App Store and didn't even realize.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 14, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thinking of getting the Apple silicon case but I'm stuck between the orange and midnight blue one.

They both look pretty, but I don't want to buy two cases rn.

Actually I also like the leather case so I don't even know. Whatever.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 16, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I went for the leather in Midnight Blue because I like Lego.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

The best 3D Touch feature is the trackpad when pushing on the stock keyboard.

Holy loving poo poo. :captainpop::chanpop:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I know the Android thread uses cardboard cutouts to figure out how to get their big gigaphones into cargo shorts so maybe try that?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dugong posted:

Ok goons just tell me what 6s case actually covers the phone properly. I got a cheap temporary one and it doesn't cover the top or bottom.

Apple Leather

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pandora is still

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Just got a 6s (not Plus) this weekend and switched to Sprint. The battery in seems way worse than my 5s. It's only noon and I'm down to 70% and I've barely used it. My 5s would still be in the 90s at this time.
Could it be that I have a cruddy Sprint connection now instead of Verizon, so it has to crank up the power on the antenna? Or is the 6s battery that bad?

I'm going to say that the issue is Sprint.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

benisntfunny posted:

Yeah you should go find that post on Reddit. Oh wait. It's not there because I post on there about once a year. Sorry that picture was so huge.

I just found it on Reddit lmao.

E. Oh word it's a different photo but the same issue lol

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 30, 2016

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I'm curious about something here. When I was over with Android I could click a YouTube link or something and have the phone be smart enough to open the YT app if I had it installed. On iOS it seems like if I click a YT link it'll take me to Safari instead and then there I can hit a button to take me to the YT app instead.

Is there any way to make fix this so I can just click all the YT links I want and open the app properly as it should or is this just an Apple thing and I'll have to deal?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Don't forget the cardboard cut outs.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

enojy posted:

I do hope the whole aux port delete rumor doesn't end up being true for the 7 and beyond, because gently caress me and my non-smart car. Kinda smart car... Class of 2007 2.5 GPA car.

I have the same type of car.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Shazaminator posted:

When I connect my iPhone 6s to my PC, iTunes says it needs to be updated to the latest version of iOS, but in the software update part of the iPhone's settings, it says it's already got the latest (9.2.1). What could be causing this? Anything to worry about?

A newer version of 9.2.1 was released. It's exactly the same version it just fixes the error 53 bricking issue. Here's an article on the update: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/18/ios-9-2-1-build-13d20-ipad/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Depths posted:

Spotify, google play or itunes?

Spotify discover stuff is really great but GPM includes YouTube Red which kinda rules.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rirse posted:

Imagine this is a stupid question but can I reuse my iPhone 6 Plus case on the 7 plus?

Unless it already has a big lens opening it'll mess with that. It should fit though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Classical Muzak posted:

While this looks awesome it's backordered until the end of November, will definitely look at picking one up early next year though. I'll probably get an apple leather one in the meantime to hold me over.

Best Buy actually sells the case, it's not backordered there. Also they sell other colors.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nomad-case-for-apple-iphone-7-plus-brown/5578886.p?skuId=5578886

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm going to give my take and say that Android is actually good and iOS is good. I had the 6P before I got the 7 and it was fine.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I've got auto lock already set to 30 sec but I've noticed sometimes that at night while the phone is charging I'll get a notification and the screen won't switch off. It'll just stay bright and on until I actually go and shut it off myself.

What's the deal?

Edit: Actually I've noticed sometimes that the phone just won't go to sleep completely. The screen will dim but you can still futz with the phone. It's weird and tbh really annoying.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat, and Up Next

Did this actually change, or is the change just that they are now telling you this is where shuffle and repeat are?

They give you a notice now in the music app to tell you where the buttons are.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just to be sure there is no way in the Apple Music app to change the "recently added" section to be "recently played" right?

I know there's a recently played section but I just feel like it makes more sense for that to be shown in the library and just be easier to access. Spotify does it that way.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Apple Music and Spotify are both really good. The one thing I'd love AM to get is better discovery options. Also I don't like how the main screen in AM shows recently added and not recently played. I know there is a recently played list in the app but I really prefer how Spotify does it. I rather have that list front and center and easier to use.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

One day Apple will allow folks to change the Recently Added in Apple Music to be a Recently Played list instead. I hate that they kinda buried that in a separate tab.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m still baffled by the lockscreen/notification shade being merged.

It’s kind of annoying that you can’t swipe notifications away like the old style. There’s still room for it to change by release I suppose.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

If I'm not mistaken you can not downgrade to iOS 10 if you are on the newest beta. Be careful

I believe Apple has fixed this.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I Am Crake posted:

This is not a good thing. The Music app is awful and I switched back to Spotify because I just couldn't get used to the Apple Music UI.

Just look at the library and playlists screen of Spotify and then compare them to this Duplo block looking motherfucker fitting a whole four things at a time on the screen and hiding the rest behind a goddamn horizontal scroll on a screen that's always oriented vertically:

Because everything is so big it's really hard to find what you're looking, I think maybe because instead of building up a memory of a list of things that follow each other it's just one bigass icon after the next. The horizontal scrolling is just madness on tall device where vertical scrolling is like twice as fast. Now I would've suffered the UI if I could actually find any music I liked. After like half a year of using it, it still thought I'd like to know about Imagine Dragons.

Also gently caress the emoji playlist icons on the discover tab.

The worst is recently played being buried under the browse tab or whatever. It's the dumbest design decision ever.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dugong posted:

I'm bored of waiting for Spotify's Apple Watch app and may just swap to Apple Music. Smart Playlists look useful but how do they update in terms of mobile data? I want to use one that removes loved songs that are skipped multiple times but adds them again after a specified time. Is this all done locally or am I chew up all my data setting this up?

If it matters AW OS4 includes a Now Playing complication which is something at least.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

prom candy posted:

How long does it usually take for phones to be readily available after launch if I don't preorder? Like when will I be able to just walk into an Apple Store and walk out with an 8/8+?

I have a feeling it shouldn’t be as long as the 7/7+ was because of the X being the unicorn this time.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The 8 and X seem super cool but I’m not on any JOD plan or anything through T-Mo. So paying almost $900 just for the 8+ seemed excessive. Figured the best thing to do is pay off the 7+ and stick with that for another year or two.

The 7+ still rules anyways, super solid device.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

xarph posted:

I hate it in the Mail app, where I'd rather that space be used for two more messages.

Edit: Really? You couldn't have at least put these two elements on the same line to give us SOME vertical space?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I have YouTube Red but agree at the very least it should be $5 just for Red. I don't care for GPM.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If I didn't get the BeatsX first I would have gone for AirPods for sure. Go try them at an Apple Store if Best Buy would give you trouble about it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yo remind me again, is it cool to leave the 8 on the wireless charger after it's topped to 100%?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

[quote="“Grassy Knowles”" post="“477024557”"]
Yes.
[/quote]

I figured. Thanks a bunch.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

dissss posted:

YouTube Red is well worth it - I put up with the crumminess of Play Music on iOS because the bundle is such good value.

YT Red owns imo. Play Music I wish Google put more effort into, I'd use it more.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

AA is for Quitters posted:

I actually really don't mind safari. I did install gboard though since swipe to type is something i can't live without. And google search because i need google search. and play music because gently caress itunes.

Play music looks way nicer on iOS than it did on android.

Play Music would rule if they didn’t do that stupid thing with album art.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m afraid of my alarm clock so I set it and live in constant fear of hearing it. It wakes me up a couple minutes so I can shut the drat thing off and go about my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tell Siri to define mother and then when it asks for the next one say yes.