Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nfcknblvbl posted:

How do I order it with apple's payment plan instead of AT&T Next? It's either that or pay full amount on the app.

You have to do that "check reservation availability" thing that shows up at the top of the page.

edit: Or at least there is a link in the app. It doesn't seem to be there on the desktop website.

edit 2: Ah, there is a Reserve to buy in store button below add to bag for the desktop website.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Man does the upfront cost of buying an iPhone stings. I know it's cheaper, and I can easily cover the cost, but I'm tempted to do the payment plan just because it doesn't hurt as much.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

GenericGirlName posted:

:eyepop: I'm looking at this email confirmation and feel the exact same way. Too bad apple wont let me do it through Cricket Wireless :(

Does the carrier even matter now? Shouldn't you be able to select one of the carriers that gives the option of the payment plan (like t-mobile) and then just drop in your cricket sim?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

So people who liked having a small phone, but jumped to the 6+ size. How did it work out for you? Ended up adjusting and never looking back? Or jumping back down to the 6 or something smaller?

I've used both at work for testing stuff, but the 6+ never feels comfortable for me. But I'm not using the 6+ as my actual phone, so I'm not being forced to adjust.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

If anyone is interested Costco has a $100 mail in rebate on iPhone 6S/6S+ for T-Mobile customers and $50 for Sprint customers. Cashback comes in the form of a Costco cash card though.

http://membershipwireless.com/46845/iphone-6s-plus-rose-gold-128gb

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Someone did a mockup for a top bezel

Right looks 1000% better than the piece of poo poo on the left.

I like the mockup someone did where they just made the system bar black background.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

GoldfishStew posted:

Wait i only use the awful.app, do I really have that custom text? What the gently caress is wrong with you people. I didnt mind when it was just the pic

So you know what it looks like for the rest of us.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

cage-free egghead posted:

You don't need glass to get wireless charging. Plenty of Android phones do it with plastic backs.

Somehow I don't think Apple is ever going to do a plastic backed phone again.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Pivo posted:

SnazzyLabs has a decent video about his opinions about iPhone X UX (excuse the clickbait thumb and title, you pretty much have to do that on YT these days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvoXDSHO-mA

I agree with him about 3D Touch being the natural solution, but Apple doesn't allow 3D Touch to be used for features exclusive to 3D Touch... I'm guessing for accessibility purposes? Still, he is right about the fragmentation in UX!

His comment about Marquee having issues with the control panel was spot on, Marquee brings it up in his latest vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__4JVtUTCk

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

Has anyone made a smartphone with a carbon fiber body yet? It works well enough on my dell latitude and it would be yet another justification for $$$$ phone pricing.

Yes, Vertu and they were $$$$ to $$$$$

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

For a data point, T-mobile 64gb black off the Apple store just now. ETA 11/10-11/17

Too bad it's for work. Still have to go to the physical store to try and get an unlocked dual antenna version for personal use.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Do airpods fit snugly in people's ears? Or are they supposed to feel like they are resting loosely in your ears?

I went to try them out and it felt like they would fall out. But at the same time, I had to shake my head quite a bit to make them actually fall out.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Does Apple have a timeline for when they start offering the simless version of an iPhone? (If it the option wasn't already there at launch?)

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

is there a recommended/accepted small tripod for cellphones?

Depends on what your requirements are. I got this recently: https://pocket-tripod.com/ as portability was my primary concern. So far it's been working out.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Check out Halide, it’s a paid app but has a 7 day free trial.

Yeah, Halide is super nice. But, jeez that price. Getting grandfathered in on the Mark 1 purchase was a steal.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Is the wallpaper Perspective Zoom option gone? Or just moved somewhere new?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Believe that was removed in one of the betas.

iOS16 sucks.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Skeezy posted:

It'll pop back up in 16.1 or something who knows.

I can only hope. Everything feels a bit too flat.

Really what I wish was in iOS16 is a way to hide the home swipe bar. It's been 5 generations of home-buttonless iPhones, please Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

The search being right there is legit kinda annoying.

It just seems so out of place

It's the change in dismissal behavior that's super annoying. Before you could swipe up anywhere to get rid of the search view. Now you've got to swipe up from home bar.