Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Spotlight won't ever find "YouTube" for me. I have the app, everything else shows up, I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's not how Find My Phone works. The app lets you find stuff, but Find My Phone is built in to the OS.

You turn it on in iCloud and it prompts during the phone setup. What happens if he logs into icloud.com with his info and clicks "Find My Phone"?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

iTunes is total poo poo and I don't care about RAM at all. It's a pain in the rear end to sync music with.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

BeanBandit posted:

I wonder why Apple fans have a reputation for being insufferable little pricks?

Yes the Something Awful dot com forums gave all Apple users a bad reputation.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's still under warranty.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

If you're in the US on AT&T the loophole got closed and it's real expensive now.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Airport Express should work fine, you just need to buy a 1/8" to component cable.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You should restore your phone.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Has Match gotten better about censoring rap?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think in OS X the force touch works the opposite way: normal touch clicks the button, hard touch does alternate functionality.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

xzzy posted:

Head units have gotten really expensive as they try to out-feature the improved units that get put in at the factory.

Seems like a losing proposition to me but what do I know.

The factory units are crazy too. My last car was a 2006, and the manufacturer added a line in and navigation the next year. Buying a used navi/line in head unit was like $1500.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

They should have sent you your PIN when you were issued the card. You probably discarded it since, at the time, the only real use for it was taking cash advances from ATMs and no one should be doing that. If you call, they'll send you a new one.

In North America it'll be chip and signature not chip and PIN. I have an Amex that has a PIN for foreign transactions but you can't use the PIN in America.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

loudog999 posted:

I have the first AirPods and am about the buy the pros. I dont have any experience with Applecare at all. Should I get it with these headphones? My first generation AirPods have survived pretty harsh conditions so I dont know what to do about it.

I bought AppleCare with mine and threw it on a credit card that adds a year of warranty.

Lots of people saying their OG AirPod batteries are in rough shape after two years, I figure this gives me three years to have them swapped if they stop charging.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Tried out the AirPods Pro tonight. Coming from wired Shure IEMs I’m not blown away but they sound good. The isolation does an amazing job.

I need to play with fit a little but I like them so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

:siren: iOS 14.3 just dropped. :siren:

Support for Apple Fitness+ and Airpods Max, ability to capture photos in Apple ProRAW on iPhone 12 Pro, other features and bug fixes.

I updated my watch to 7.2, and my phone is on 14.3. I don't see Fitness+ in the Fitness app. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: rebooted phone, works.

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 15, 2020