Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I have a launch Verizon 4 and am pretty amazed I'll be able to trade it in for $200. I don't store much local music and do most listening through Pandora, Spotify, YouTube, etc. so I'm considering staying at 16g unless app sizes are really going to balloon over the next couple years.

I've seen mentions here and the pre-order thread that it's now cheaper/smarter to buy a non-contract phone. Could someone fill me in on how that works? Are there plans available now that don't have the phone subsidy built in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Anyone know of a clear case (for a x if it matters) that doesn’t eventually turn yellow or is that just a fact of life about those things?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Deadguy2322 posted:

Anything soft will yellow, but if you get a rigid, snap-on case, it will stay clear.

Thanks

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’ve always thought it was ridiculous that you couldn’t get your battery % displayed instead of the corner icon. But now that the square-sized lock screen widget doesn’t even have it, when there’s plenty of room, I’ve crossed over to thinking Apple is being malicious.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Gay Retard posted:

Apple doesn't want you fretting over the percentage slowly going down as you're using it. Their laptops don't show the percentage in the menubar, either.

Not by default, but you can toggle it to show up which makes its absence from the iPhone stranger.

Inner Light posted:

Ya but it becomes visible when you swipe down into control center

Yeah, it’d just be really convenient to not have to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The Dave posted:

Not sure I’m following the battery percentage convo correctly but with ios16 it’s back to on the screen all the time if enabled.

Oh my god you’re right. How long has that been a thing?! I swear it didn’t used to be there.