Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It’s just too bad that we have no control over when, where, and what sort of information we consume.

You’re right, but it sure gets old seeing my news feed covered up with articles I’m not reading about the latest CONFIRMED LEAK FEATURES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

What about cases and wireless charging? How does that work

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

So what is the advantage of OLED vs LCD?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Don't some phones with wireless charging magnetically stick to the charger itself anyway?

My wife had some case for her phone that charged wirelessly and it definitely stuck to its base which was magnetic

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

My notes app is a mess after ios11. It freezes constantly. I tried deleting it from my phone and Re downloading it from the App Store and it did the same thing after taking forever to resync my notes from iCloud.

This is on a 7+

Not experiencing the same issue with my iPad Pro though. Weird

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

If I get up at 2:55 AM for this thing I better loving get one

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

My notes app still freezes about 95% of the time when I first open it on 11.1. Irritating.

I ordered a Spigen thin case to start out with. I love my saddle leather on my 7 but I wanted to try something thinner.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

My phone is in South Korea so today is the day I most care about Kim Jong Un’s behavior

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Can’t update to 11.1.1 on my X because it says I have to finish restoring from iCloud backup first. All my apps and poo poo seem to be downloaded just fine. I’ll try again when I’m not on slow hotel internet and see if that changes anything.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Biodome posted:

You should be able to go to settings -> your name at the top -> iCloud -> iCloud backup and stop the restore if everything is done downloading. Sometimes it gets stuck restoring even though everything finished.

Thanks, that fixed it. It had 1kb remaining to download that it was stuck on.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

My airpods case always seems to have a small buildup of tiny metal shavings inside it. I only carry the airpods and my phone in that pocket so I am not sure what it could be. Maybe the hinge is grinding or something? Anyone else have this?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

My dad wants to offload all his pictures from his phone to his computer but keep them on his iPad. What would be the best/easiest way to make that work?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Is there a way to reset Apple Music’s recommendations? It keeps recommending me French pop music and singer/songwriter stuff and I have never listened to or loved anything in either genre. I keep disliking the playlists and albums it is recommending but it doesn’t seem to change anything.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Is there an app for email that lets you selectively stop checking for email on a specific account for a specific time frame? I’d like to not receive email on my work account after hours but I don’t want to completely remove it from my account

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I’m gonna catch hell for this but a guy I work with got a case for his phone that looks like a Gameboy and you can actually play games on it. I kinda want one

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I already did!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

I noticed over the last few days/weeks that some pictures that I thought I deleted just appeared in my photos again, but placed at the very end of the list so it looks like they were recently taken when they were taken months ago. I haven't done anything on either my iPhone or iPad that could have made this happen.

:shrug:

I have about 1800 photos from the late 90s to about 2003 that will randomly appear to be a month old in the list. For a while I went in and manually fixed the dates Im Photos on my Mac, but after they jumped up again a few more times I just gave it up.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Recently my phone has been acting weird with wireless charging. It’s like it stops charging for a second and then vibrates that it is charging again. Only does it on my charging pads at home, my Anker dock one at work is fine. I changed out the micro usb cord on the home pad (I’ve had two different pads plugged in to the cord) and we will see if that fixes it. I have another Anker one on order since I like that one better anyway. Anybody else experience something like this?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I have the Goon Approved saddle brown case. I have two different Qi pucks, one is a Belkin and the other is a no name thing.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

hmmmmmmmm

I just dropped $1,000 on me phone but let me find the cheapest accessories imaginable lmao

Let me rephrase. It has a name. It’s not a major product manufacturer. It has great reviews on Amazon. It was like $5 cheaper than a “big name” one that did not have as good of reviews.

The Belkin one was a gift.

Neither of them work well- despite the Belkin one not being in the “cheap” category.

Also Anker one was cheaper than both and works great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

One time a few years ago I was in my garage working on my car and this rando lady walks in. Turns out she’s my neighbor behind the house and one door over. She goes on and on about how she knew I was hacking her phone because she heard noises that sounded like birds coming from my house late at night and our garage door opened a lot. She went on and on and I finally told her that she needed to get off my property or I was calling the sheriff to come remove her.

Ran into her husband a year later and found out he had divorced her because she was schizophrenic, so maybe that’s this guy’s deal.