Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Chipping in after my posts of hatred last week concerning Capaldi and 'his' Doctor.

This episode (apart from the 50th anniversary episode) has to be the best Doctor Who episode I have seen since NuWho. This was the Doctor I have been yearning for. This was the story I was hoping to see him in. This episode was loving amazing and I loved every minute of it.

I take it back what I said previously, on the proviso that tonight's episode quality continues.

I cannot believe I had to endure 3 episodes of total poo poo before I saw the glittery gold hidden in the clay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Vincent K. McMahon posted:

But how did they fly to Gallifrey?

How was it in Clara's timeline?

Is EVERYTHING in Clara's timeline now because of the fracturing before?

Unless im very much mistaken, everything in Claras timeline is everything to do with Doctor and everything he has done in his timeline.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just seen this again. Yes this was brilliant, and this is how I want my Doctor to be. No more silly comedy, no more cheesiness. I think its about time the show 'grew up' a little and become a little more serious.
In this episode, Capaldi played the Doctor I have always wanted to see. None of that previous 3 episodes nonsense, I want this one. I hope he stays.
*Edit* a cameo by the War Doctor too. My favourite Doctor.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

TinTower posted:

Really, he just loves humans. Possibly because his mother was one. :v:

You take that back son!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This new doctor doesn't think bow ties are cool :argh:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm bored of this season and Capaldi already. Please gently caress off Moffat.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think I could perhaps get to like the new Doctor and the interesting new angle he's going if the stories were not so loving retarded.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
See? That was loving brilliant, and like I said previously, I could really take to Capaldi if the stories were not so loving retarded. This was a great episode, one of the best.

e:also most of the music sounded like it was lifted from a 70's Colombo episode.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Also Frank Skinner out of nowhere was great, and I was really hoping he would take the doctors offer as a companion at the end.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Autonomous Monster posted:

So yeah, I'm giving this one an A.

And I'm a little disturbed that I agree with Myrddin Emrys, but whatevs~

Its OK, I usually say what everyone thinks but hates to admit. Imagine how my manager feels.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I thought Gus was Stephen Fry at first, but higher pitch through coming through and old fashion speaker.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Davros1 posted:

You know, it's funny, while watching Mummy, I thought for a moment what if Capaldi was actually the Master pretending to be the Doctor? Kind of like Alex McQueen in UNIT: Dominion?

Im sure the reference line of 'this train seems to be full of doctors and professors' had something to do with that. It made me think of The Master.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It would be dumb as hell because 12 is absolutely nothing like The Master in any way. I mean apart from anything else The Master is usually charming on a superficial level.

e: what about :siren: THE VALEYARD :siren: though?

Noooooo.. he isn't evil like the Valeyard, he just arrogant, stuck up his own rear end and doesn't give a gently caress about people. The mummy proved this. Matt Smith would have done everything in his power to save these people. Capaldi was all like 'meh your turn to die next, you cant stop it so give me a running commentary.'

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think this is a misreading of the episode. As soon as he thought he had any chance of saving someone he jumped right in and did so at great personal risk. The difference between him and Smith is that he admitted he couldn't save the previous victims (since it's not like Smith never let anyone die).

The difference is Smith was compassionate and tried, Capaldi is cold and tells them so. Just like he did Alan a'Dale in the Robin Hood episode where he constantly reminded him he only had 6 months to live.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Stonefish posted:

I'm not sure who's.

Doctor who's

I have never heard of the belcher test and im pleased I haven't.
e:loving predictive spelling on my phone.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Noxville posted:

I doubt it, they'll just have filmed enough coverage from different angles to cut it down exactly as needed, just so long as the sequences were all about a minute.

Sorry to ruin the illusion.

:argh:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
My and the missus are marathon watching Walking Dead and we just got onto season 3. Is that The Next Doctor we saw in this? Morrisy is it?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Two great episodes two weeks in a row. Things are looking up.

I love how the Boneless were just 3-D representations of the painted image itself.

Hermit Tardis made me laugh.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

OK I last watched this when it came out buckets of years ago and Holy poo poo!!! I just realised that's Christopher Lloyd.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I rather enjoyed this episode. 3 in a row, and I am starting to really dig Capaldi. Hated him at first with the retarded episodes but yeah, im liking him. He reminds me a hell of a lot of Doctor Emmett Brown from Back to The Future.

I think this episode clears up any idea of Missy is a future Doctor.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I know how you feel. Charlie and the chocolate factory also had me apoplectic too.

Wtf?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You don't go telling impressionable children "don't take your meds, the voices make you special" on national television :cripes:.

I agree with all the Doctors messages!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think the point of the little girl was that she wasn't actually mentality ill, and the Doctor knew that.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
A dead boyfriend? A Cyberman London invasion in the first of a two parter? Looks like we are in for a reset button.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Bicyclops posted:

The scene was filmed entirely in the traumatic war fog that has become the popular cinematic shortcut for depicting the horrors of battle and it's impossible to tell whether he was following orders, made a mistake, or what happened. They may clarify more in the next episode and they may not. Either way, Danny himself clearly feels responsible, which is really the salient point in his "Should I delete myself" plotline.

War is ugly and traumatic, war will mess up most peoples heads even if following orders. Also in war civilians get killed, nothing will ever change that.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Danny Pink completely ruined this episode in every possible way. Urghh he was really aweful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CobiWann posted:

...um...er...what's Red Dwarf?

What the......

• Locked thread