Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Right, so I PMed some mods about the issue of whether weekly threads are really necessary for us, they don't seem to care, and it is a bit of a song and dance doing a new OP every week, so. (If they do, someone can just change the thread title back and we'll carry on with weeklies, right?) Here's your thread for the rest of series 8 (34).

( Last weekly thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662849 )

Here is an episode listing!

1). Deep Breath by Grand Moff Steven, directed by Ben Wheatley
2). Into the Dalek by Phil Ford & GMS, directed by Ben Wheatley
3). Robot of Sherwood by Mark Gatiss, directed by Paul Murphy
4). Listen by GMS, directed by Douglas Mackinnon
5). Time Heist by Stephen Thompson & GMS, directed by Douglas Mackinnon
6). The Caretaker by Gareth Roberts & GMS, directed by Paul Murphy
7). Kill the Moon by Peter Harness, directed by Paul Wilmshurst
8). Mummy on the Orient Express by Jamie Mathieson, directed by Paul Wilmshurst
9). Flatline by Jamie Mathieson, directed by Douglas Mackinnon
10). In the Forest of the Night by Frank Cottrell Boyce, directed by Sheree Folkson
11). Dark Water by GMS, directed by Rachel Talalay
12). Death in Heaven by GMS, directed by Rachel Talalay

On the subject of spoilers: this thread must by order of the mods be able to cater for those who somehow don't notice when every national newspaper, the Six O'Clock News, and half the internet leads with the headline "MARTHA JONES IS A RUTAN: CONFIRMED!" If you should feel the need to satisfy any weird and unnatural urges to discuss what might be about to happen next before it's been aired, there is a no-holds barred spoiler thread where you can pretend that you aren't all sad, broken people who hate fun and mystery. (Please also note that casting news is explicitly not a spoiler, especially not when the BBC devotes half an hour of primetime coverage to the announcement.)

And it seems like a quick restatement of the First Law of Doctor Who Fans is a necessary thing to have here, so. The First Law of Doctor Who fans says: "No substantive discussion group shall be entirely able to agree on the merits of any given story, not even the 'except X, that just plain sucked/rocked' corollary to this law." A great example of this is the four parts of The Trial of a Time Lord; we generally agree that one of them is a misunderstood classic, one is good harmless fun, and the other two are hideous smelly failures that we should never speak of again. What we can't agree on is the question of which story is which...

So please do bear this in mind before bemoaning THE THREAD HIVEMIND CONSENSUS, because people will make fun of you if you do that, and serve you bloody well right. (Wouldn't that make a great episode title? Or at least a great Big Bang Theory episode title?)

:siren: RATINGS GO HERE, IF YOU DON'T CARE, SCROLL RIGHT DOWN :siren:

Full explanation of what all this means is in the Deep Breath thread. TL;DR, it's all fine, chill out, people are still watching and loving the show.

code:
Death in Heaven

Overnights: 5.45 million, a 23.3% share.  AI of 83.
Chart: 3rd for Saturday behind Strictly & The X Factor
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (9.37 million)
Final rating: PENDING

Convictland: 620,000

Dark Water

Overnights: 5.27 million, a 22.4% share.  AI of 85.
Chart: 4rd for Saturday behind Strictly, The X Factor, and Pointless Celebrities
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.45 million)
Final rating: 7.34 million

Convictland: 541,000

In the Forest of the Night

Overnights: 5.03 million, a 21.6% share.  AI of 83.
Chart: 3rd for Saturday behind Strictly and The X Factor
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.34 million)
Final rating: 6.92 million, 20th for the week

Convictland: 566,000

Flatline

Overnights: 4.55 million, 19.5% share.  AI of 85
Chart: 4th for Saturday behind Strictly, The X Factor & Pointless Celebrities
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.71 million)
Final rating: 6.71 million, 23rd for the week; pushed out by The Apprentice & Downton

Convictland: 971,000

Mummy on the Orient Express

Overnights: 5.08 million, 22.1% share.  AI of 85.
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.7 million)
Final rating: 7.11 million, 14th for the week, beat an EastEnders episode

Convictland: 526,000

Kill the Moon

Overnights: 4.82 million, a 21.5% share.  AI of 82.
Chart: 3rd for Saturday, behind Strictly and The X Factor
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.18 million)
Final rating: 6.91 million, 20th for the week

Convictland: 447,000 (against the NRL Grand Final)

The Caretaker

Overnights: 4.89 million, 21.8% share, AI of 83
Timeslot: Lost vs The X Factor (7.7 million)
Final rating: 6.81 million, 20th for the week

Convictland: 882,000

Time Heist

Overnights: 4.93 million, 23.8% share, AI of 84
Chart: 2nd for Saturday behind The X Factor (8.4 million)
Timeslot: Won vs The Chase (4.2 million)
Final rating: 6.99 million, 14th for the week

Convictland: 977,000

Listen

Overnights: 4.8 million, 23.5% share.  AI of 82.
Chart: 2nd for Saturday behind The X Factor (8.5 million)
Timeslot: Won vs The Chase (4.1 million)
Final rating: 7.01 million, 7th for the week

Convictland: 661,000

Robot of Sherwood

Overnights: 5.2 million, a 25.4% share.  AI of 82.
Chart: 2nd for Saturday behind The X Factor (8.7 million)
Timeslot: Won vs The Chase
Final rating: 7.28 million, 10th for the week

Convictland: 1.085 million

Into the Dalek

Overnights: 5.2 million, a 25.7% share.  AI of 84.  
Chart: 2nd for Saturday behind The X Factor (9.3 million)
Timeslot: Won vs The Chase (4.2 million) then maintaned audience vs The X Factor
Final rating: 7.25 million, a 30.4% share.  9th for the week.

Convictland: 1.1 million

Deep Breath

Overnights: 6.8 million, a 32.5% share.  AI of 82.  1st for Saturday.
Timeslot: Won, vs some awful poo poo on ITV that nobody watched
Final rating: 9.17 million (!!!), 2nd for the week (behind The Great British Bake-Off (!!! ))

USA! USA! USA!: 2.6 million, the highest rating ever for a premiere on BBC America, 
the most-watched cable show of its timeslot
Canuckistan: 1.4 million on Space, the highest-rated show on the channel so far this year
Convictland: 1.187 million on the ABC, the highest-rated drama of the day.
Now, if only there was some cromulent Patrick Troughton quote that might be used to express an opinion on this alteration of circumstances...

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Airdate tonight is 7:30pm QOSTZ, Johnny Foreigners beware. That's about 25 minutes. We've also got another 50-minute episode.

Autonomous Monster posted:

We're going to stop making new threads!

To commemorate this, a new thread!

(Sorry Trin, it made me laugh.)

Why'd you think I did it? Come on, give me a bit of credit here.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm gonna need some time to think this over.

Definitely going to have to watch this again, probably after some sleep. Right now the only thing I can think is "man, this is a horrible time to be airing a story which has creepy happenings in a children's home", and that's probably colouring how I'm thinking of everyone else.

I reckon this is going to be a big old Marmite episode; either you buy into the whole package and love it, or it leaves you completely cold and you hate it.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

He's a crazy space alien that doesn't totally understand everything about humans.

I dunno, I think this is way too simplistic. He's been screwing around on Earth or with humans for how many hundreds of years now? He's spent at least one extended period here that I can think of (in Blink). And when he goes into non-human cultures, he shows that he can identify what their peculiar rules of interaction are.

I think it's far more that he knows what the rules are; he just thinks they don't necessarily apply to him, and usually doesn't bother trying. (For an earlier example I'm thinking something like Pertwee in The Silurians, who clearly knows how he's *supposed* to behave in order to play nicely, but his frustration at being exiled means he can't stop himself coming across as rude and patronising, and his ability to deal with the crisis suffers because of it.)

vvv Considering that the TARDIS just apparently went back to Gallifrey, which should be impossible if it's timelocked or whatever the handwave was in the 50th anniversay, I'd say GMS is very aware of that dangling plot thread vvv

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 14, 2014

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

e;f, wrong thread

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Overnights are in! Duck and cover!

4.8 million, 23.5% share, still 2nd for Saturday behind The X Factor (which also suffered a similarly-sized drop from last week's rating, incidentally), still won its timeslot.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

If liking silly hats is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Everyone, stop what you're doing right now and go watch The Robots of Death again.

(Please do not throw hands at me.)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think I erased The Sound of Drums from my memory, but yeah I guess that makes sense.
Is it known whether The Doctor himself is legitimately a Time Lord, or could it just be a self-proclaimed thing?

I feel like this video is relevant here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4HSf6NKiQ

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I watched Listen again! It's odd. There's some parts of it where it really goes right for me on "yes, this is rather close to what I'd like the show to do all the time", and then there's some parts where it's all "hahaha, now here comes a bit which is absolutely the last thing you want to see the show do!" Right now I'm content to remember the bits that were cool and forget the ones that weren't.

It's a weird one. One way or another I don't think it's going to go down as a forgettable episode, though. If your speakers aren't top-of-the-line I'd strongly recommend putting a pair of headphones in and, hahaha, listening to the sound design, it's absolutely amazing.

And Capaldi, jeez. It takes a brave man to do what he's done, close down the tawdry quirks shop, abandon the intergalactic waggishness, and go for "intense" and "unsettling" instead.

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 15, 2014

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

You know, there were a lot of things wrong with Colin and Peri's bickering phase, but the thought does occur that the dialogue given to them was of a completely different kind to the dialogue Capaldi gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=910Rpcvu-jc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3yizkdMKw

Colin's spiky and he's rude at far greater length than Capaldi is, and you may well find that you have to to develop your own explanation of why she's even travelling with such an unpleasant person, but despite being rude and unpleasant to his companion for an entire series, he never that I can recall goes to "Hahaha you're ugly and unattractive" (apart from that one bit in Mindwarp where he's specifically trying to save her from a hideous fate by playing on the villain's prejudices) to demonstrate that.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Good news, everybody!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/09/complete-dt-years-150914213008.html

quote:

The Complete David Tennant Years

In this massive 26-disc collection, the BBC brings together the complete David Tennant Years! David Tennant made his debut as the Doctor in 2005 in “The Christmas Invasion” and in the four years that followed, Doctor Who grew to new heights of popularity. This collection celebrates Tennant’s tenure by bringing together every David Tennant Doctor Who episode including The Complete Second Series (co-starring Billie Piper as Rose Tyler), The Complete Third Series (co-starring Freema Agyeman as Martha Jones) and The Complete Fourth Series (co-starring Catherine Tate as Donna Noble), all eight specials and two spin-off animated adventures, totalling over 38 hours of Doctor Who plus hours of extras. This is a must-own collection for the legion of devoted Doctor Who fans.

Don't all rush off to buy it at once!

spikenigma posted:

Is no place or topic ,no matter how milquetoast, safe from your pseudo-sanctimonious masturbation?

Dude, you need to stop cribbing your :iceburn: s from Sixth Doctor fanfics.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The cat goes on the coat. The coat does not go on the cat.

This is important

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Are we talking "most memorable" or "best characterises" here? Because for "best characterises" I'm taking this scene from Ghost Light for McCoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwU4WI_V64w

The sniper scene is great and memorable, but it's missing Ace. Possibly more so than any other Doctor, you can't really have McCoy without Ace. drat it all, now I want to go watch Ghost Light again.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

This is the defining moment for Peter Davison.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9zuvp_warriors-of-the-deep-part12_shortfilms

e;f,b while finding a clip of it, and then blobbed on the wrong link, fixed now

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 18, 2014

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Jon Pertwee, from 14:15

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1294ov_day-of-the-daleks-part-1_shortfilms

There's no other moment that defines him quite so well as completely misunderstanding the polite invitation to "treat the house as your own", and immediately confiscating the finest wine and cheese for himself. If you want to stretch the definition of a "moment", we even get a bit of UNIT shenanigans and then some Venusian judochoppery about five minutes later, at the end of the night. All that's missing is a good old rub of the lip and dressing up as a comedy washerwoman.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Oh, and here's Tom Baker, from 4:30, and hopefully we can extend "a moment" through the cutaway to the scene starting 6:55, as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9cx4d_the-robots-of-death-part-5_shortfilms

From extremely silly to deadly serious and back again, in the blink of an eye. Fundamentally challenging the way people think, opening their eyes and minds. Gently but insistently guiding Poul towards the truth. And the way he just walks off and leaves Leela there. He doesn't need to ham, or gurn, or shout, although he can do all those things as well. Effortlessly alien, but totally compelling. This is why although all of them may be wonderful chaps, he'll always be the best.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And McCoy had them on his sweater vest and that umbrella handle (both of which he protested against, in vain).

Ah, McCoy wanted the umbrella handle. He just thought the jumper was excessive.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Spacedad posted:

-A serious scientist hungry for more knowledge and who rigorously searches for evidence. He will even admit when he's wrong, like a good scientist, after testing a hypothesis.

Argh, thank you! I've been trying to put my finger on something I really enjoyed about him in Listen all week, and that's exactly it. It's high time that we had a Doctor again who could plausibly describe himself as a curious scientist rather than a crusading adventurer.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Psybro posted:

On another note, Planet of Spiders hasn't aged well, has it? What was the story behind Pertwee leaving, he seemed to have a whale of a time?

Everyone else was leaving. Katy Manning had left, Roger Delgado had had his car crash, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks were both making plans, and it seemed like the time for him to go as well. I suspect he may have reached the David Tennant point and thought "if I don't go now, I never will".

There's a beautiful bittersweet moment on the Hand of Fear DVD where Lis Sladen talks about what he did during rehearsals, which is almost worth buying that DVD for on its own.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Pizdec posted:

Uhhhh, again I didn't watch a lot of old Who, was there there an episode where a panda chair was featured as an important plot device that was later used in the season in an epic villain reveal?

This may sound facetious but from what I did see of the old show I am genuinely unsure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Myfm2pqZQ

quote:

I'm not arguing that the clock-time association is some kind of inseparable part of the series, but it appears consistently enough that I think it's weird to denounce an (IMO) visually well-designed opening on the sole basis of "clock-time symbolism is too plebeian for the high-brow family sci-fi series Doctor Who".

I mean, hell, Hannibal used the image and sound of clocks to communicate the passage of time/urgency and that's a show acclaimed for its use of symbolism.

The thing is that the show has a real history of genuinely pushing the envelope and not just doing what's a bit obvious; it's impossible to overstate how everything in the original opening sequence was completely groundbreaking and had never been seen or heard before by its audience. Who's also very important in the early development of bluescreen technology due to its extensive use by Barry Letts; within the BBC it was known as Colour Separation Overlay or CSO - it looks utterly poo poo now, but at the time it was state of the art.

With that kind of history, it makes it a little disappointing when the modern show just does something obvious and ordinary. Ooo, time travel, clocks, nicked off a bloke on the Internet.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The "most secure bank in the X" thing really could have used some follow-up along the lines of "aha, but 95% of it is keeping the undesirables away, which has already been taken care of, and the Teller and the goons in the lobby are their last resort". It seemed like maybe that had been more explicit at one point, and then accidentally rewritten out without anyone noticing.

Davros1 posted:

More like he's seeing what happens when companions start having a life outside of him, and he's just worried about being alone.

Again with the Pertwee comparisons! To me, this is playing like nothing so much as someone who remembers how bad it felt when Jo Grant left and he's trying to make sure that what happened with Jo doesn't happen again.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Jenna and Danny are clearly going to either a house party or a club night where it's school uniform to get in.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Wait a minute, I thought it was also implied that the ship in orbit was deliberately causing the solar flares somehow, which is why they were so predictable. Was that just me filling in a hole for them?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Yes, lots of people generally hear when Brian Blessed is involved in a happy ending. Vroonik!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cliff Racer posted:

The anti-militarism that Doctor Who rather constantly puts off is very off-putting to me, to be honest. Are we really supposed to believe that having a pro-active military is a bad thing in a universe where there were something like 30 times in 50 years where all that stood between Earth and its total conquest was one man in a silly outfit? What if the silly outfit man was sick one time or off on another planet? We'd be totally hosed without Danny Pinks and Lethbridge-Stewarts.

Wait a minute, it's a surprise to you that the guy who literally ran away from his society because it was too dull and stifling, and who is constantly trying to find non-violent solutions to problems, has a problem with organisations that train their people to obey and conform rather than think and be individual, and that exist to provide bespoke violence on demand? What were you expecting him to think?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

moths posted:

The problem is that what's clearly intended as a humorous exchange falls flat because it's bundled with centuries of real-world baggage. An old white guy arguing with a black man that he must do sports because he literally cannot conceive of him doing math? At best, that's incredibly tone-deaf.

Oh for gently caress's sake, he's not saying "oh, you can't work out how many beans make five". Is it ever possible for a white person to say something that isn't 100% supportive and encouraging to a black person?

Here, let's look at this another way. There's a huge shortage of black people getting involved with any kind of sports coaching at all levels, including being PE teachers. Therefore it's actually really progressive that the Doctor sees the guy as a natural PE teacher and he's actually trying to subtly encourage him to do something where he sees they need more representation!

Cliff Racer posted:

Remember, he also ran away because Timelords constantly refused to take matters into their own hands and intervene, preferring to sit back and do nothing. His arguments in The War Games (as well as most of both 3's and the original Master's remarks on the exile to Earth) point towards him wanting people to act against threats. And though he'll usually prefer talking he rarely gets through an episode without using physical force or getting someone else to do so. The only difference between him and a military man is that his army typically consists of only two or three people.

There are ways to resist that do not involve fighting, and there are ways of fighting that do not involve subsuming your own identity and agency to a military organisation. It's understandable that an ex-squaddie makes the "officer" comparison on what he knows of him, but the Doctor would make a terrible officer; he'd have no time for the discipline or the chain of command. Where are people getting this "the War Doctor was part of the Time Lords' organised military effort against the Daleks" thing from? From what I saw, he continued as an independent renegade, just with more violent tendencies; there's a reason McGann asked the Sisterhood for "warrior", not "soldier". If the Daleks are Nazis, the Time Lords are the Free French and the Doctor's a one-man Resistance.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Payndz posted:

It's funny how Capaldi is clearly a massive Pertwee fan, but his Doctor is so far Three's polar opposite: Pertwee always played the Doctor as a heroic figure of trust and safety for the kids watching ("Who's your friend" was a Radio Times cover!), while Twelve is a massively irresponsible rear end in a top hat who directly endangers (and then abandons) a child to prove a point and doesn't give a poo poo. Post-watershed, at that!

Is Pertwee a figure of trust and safety when he's being an rear end all over the place in S7, and tripping himself up because he's constitutionally incapable of getting along with anyone? It seems like Capaldi's channeling those aspects via Sylvester McCoy and "you're going to grow as a person whether you like it or not", which is a pretty bold direction to take things in. We all have a universe of our own terrors to face, indeed.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cliff Racer posted:

The Doctor wasn't respecting humanity's right at all. He dropped two time travelers in on the expedition which had already made its decision, when they failed to get their way they had the entire Earth vote and when Earth voted against them Clara said gently caress that and overruled them anyway. Then the Doctor showed up and congratulated everyone on making their decision. The smart decision would have been killing the space dragon and thats what I wished would have happened.

Here's what I wondered, and it would have been a great thing to touch on if only they'd thought of it. Who controls the lights? Seems to me like a bloke with, let's say, a direct line to a number of power stations, might be at a distinct advantage in the voting process.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I went to see one of the James Plays at the National a couple of months ago and it only reinforced my longstanding belief that if there's one writer from the classic series who should unquestionably be invited to do some more, it's Rona Munro.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

And I just don't see 'bad student' in him. I see 'pain in the rear end know-it-all the professor puts up with because they get straight As'.

What kinds of learning do you think the Time Lords value?

He's not a bad student, he's a good student. He's just a bad student at whatever the Prydonian academy thought he should have been studying.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I ate some celery once while I was writing a review, does that count? :shobon:

If nothing else, I'm sure it's good for your teeth.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

^^^ Go watch The Caves of Androzani already, it's only the best story that Doctor Who's ever done vvv

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 14, 2014

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

vegetables posted:

I think Caves is very, very good, but it's also basically the Doctor wandering into a much grittier show and getting killed as a result. I like that it was done well once, but don't think it should be held up as an example of what the show "should" be.

I didn't say that. I just said it was the best story they've ever done. There's quite a few things where a slightly atypical approach done well (and done once) produces something special.

Also, I agree the part 3 cliffhanger is great, but why does everyone always ignore the part 1 cliffhanger? They actually get shot! All the "OMG THE DOCTOR'S ABOUT TO GET DEADED" cliffhangers they've ever done, but this time the Doctor actually gets shot!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Fortunately Jerusalem was indeed builded here, amongst these dark Satanic mills. Give the man a chance.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Can we please talk more about how incredible it is that someone found a way to use hammerspace in Doctor Who and played it straight?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

whenever her and Danny interacts their IQ's seem to dip by at least half.

You've never known two people who dig each other who are independently sensible and wise and as soon as they think about the other they turn into drooling imbeciles?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That made less than no sense, and not in a good way either.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

There are ways to address the issue of inappropriate medication of people who may well benefit more from other kinds of intervention, or who have been wrongly identified as needing intervention.

That was not one of them.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cliff Racer posted:

You actually liked crap like this?

Why are you surprised that the Colin Baker fanboy enjoys the output of a grandiloquent cretin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Antti posted:

I felt like a moron at the cybermen reveal because I saw the trailer and then forgot. Showrunners must love people like me. I think there was someone else upthread who had the same happen.

At the risk of sounding like a twit, this is what I do most weeks cos I watch the trailer and get excited for next week and then push it out of my mind during the week while I go have the rest of my life :shobon:

Forktoss posted:

It's too bad you never see CGI Snake in anything these days. I think he went back to doing panto and the odd supporting role on Casualty after his stint as the Master.

Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

• Locked thread