Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Linguica posted:

you can actually make a case for this lol

UCLA scored on what should've been Texas's opening drive of the second half lol and only won by 3. The Coin Toss Loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Washington is 3-0 after a 44-19 win over Illinois that included 2 defensive TDs, both by Shaq Thompson. Our defense played a lot better this week, but with all the variables and the fluidity of the players learning new systems it's hard to tell how good (or bad) the team is, and with a cupcake game against Georgia State next Saturday everyone will definitely be looking to the Stanford game in two weeks as the big litmus test.

Given the way both sides of the ball played this week, I'm cautiously optimistic.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Uga still gon win this east bitch

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

every posted:

This is actually true.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Setting aside the fact that it's unlikely anything over 3 would be appealing to the Nittany Lions, of course.

Man, remember when Ohio State was the pedophile school? That whole :parrot: thread is kind of :stonklol: now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Wow. Iowa lost. Can't wait for the post mortem from mourning view.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sash! posted:

Geez that's like the dumbest decision anyone will make all season

It's really dumb but you hear about it happening every season and this won't be the last time.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I kept flipping over to it during breaks in other games for this. :allears:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ACoolT5 posted:

Wrong. Virginia Tech's was.

Fair enough.

My avatar is still relevant :sigh:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Iowa lost by icing the kicker on a missed field goal

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
News: Kansas bad.
Views:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas has absolutely no depth and we're back to running the Greg Davis playbook. Shoot us into the sun.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

soggybagel posted:

MourningView doesn't typically dip his toes into over-reaction, so it'll be an apt take on how the game was lost in addition to the "icing" incident.

Seconds after hitting the "Submit Reply" button, he'll go back to cleaning his shotgun & staring at a picture of Ferentz on his wall that MV's cut the eyes out of.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Well, Rice gets to look on the bright side: they only gave up 38 despite not having a secondary, they beat the spread, they outgained A&M somehow despite only scoring 10 points, and they have a much better shot at winning the rest of their games.

Really wanted us to score another TD for Transitive Property of Football bragging rights, but we can already say we're as good as Michigan...

In other news, San Francisco parking is loving awful and I missed the entire first half because I drove around for an hour looking for parking near a Rice alumni event before giving up and driving home. Doesn't matter if the bar has Shiner on tap if you can't loving park within a mile of there.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This is actually true.

Yeah, I agree. People are talking up Mizzou, but I'm not sure how they will fare in conference play. So far, they haven't played anybody of note. Mauk has looked fantastic against overmatched opponents, but I am curious how he will look when they get to the SEC portion of their schedule.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa state remains the best school in the big 12 with its win over iowa

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Morby posted:

Yeah, I agree. People are talking up Mizzou, but I'm not sure how they will fare in conference play. So far, they haven't played anybody of note. Mauk has looked fantastic against overmatched opponents, but I am curious how he will look when they get to the SEC portion of their schedule.

Mauk will be Mauk (funslinging with amazing touchdowns and the occasional mind numbing pick or three), I'm more worried about the receivers and the defense. If they manage to play from ahead the pass rush is legit and they can be pretty scary, but getting to that point is going to get a lot harder pretty soon.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

go3 posted:

Texas has absolutely no depth and we're back to running the Greg Davis playbook. Shoot us into the sun.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU defense was good, offense looked like hot loving garbage, gently caress rutgers, welcome to the terrible big ten bitches

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

go3 posted:

This is what happens when the coach kicks out half the team to look tough and convince people not connected to the program that he's fixing intangibles somehow

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
Just got back. USC-UGA was nuts. The delay was bullshit. It wasn't even raining but whatever. Once the game started the place went nuts.

Also Todd Gurley is a little bitch and that should have been offsetting penalties. Sorry you got tackled bro, don't headbutt a dude, you look classless.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

every posted:

Probably. We've beaten the East champion three years in a row now, so this might actually be a good omen for the Dawgs!

Regardless, I enjoyed the hell out of today. It felt really good to finally see the team we thought we might have, especially at Georgia's expense. Another weird, crazy chapter added to that series.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU defense was good, offense looked like hot loving garbage, gently caress rutgers, welcome to the terrible big ten bitches

It's not often you get to see a game where the winning team makes five interceptions and only wins by 3.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A&M's defense looked like hot garbage but I'm not sure if they just didn't care or there was some other factor at work.

Our offense had something silly with time of possession like 16 minutes for the entire game.

They would not end the game.

Also the MOB is pretty funny, and I'm pretty tired.

Oh yeah and our field is approaching the Redskins' in badness.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 14, 2014

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

AKMoose posted:

It's not often you get to see a game where the winning team makes five interceptions and only wins by 3.

It's the signal of a truly bad offensive game, especially when like 3 of those picks where in rutgers territory

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
I am more surprised by Boston College upending USC than I am ECU taking down Virginia Tech. Boston College hasn't made waves since Matt Ryan and I had become accustomed to the ACC version of Boston College being a bright spot on the schedule. ECU's program has a reputation nationwide is likely on par with the directional Michigan schools (if that good) but they are almost always much better than that and a complete pain in the rear end to play against. They are the ultimate trap team. You never get any credit for beating them and a blowout hardly raises an eyebrow. Lose and it's a disaster. I can't say anything to Virginia Tech fans, they beat us badly last season and they're probably going to do it again next Saturday in Greenville. I scanned the GDT thread and did not see any meltdowns so that is good.

swizz fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 14, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AKMoose posted:

Gary Nova very bad

PSU run game also very bad. Hackenburg gonna die

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Lol Big Ten

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Man, gently caress everything.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The sourest of grapes. Tho tbf I'm pretty sure this is HomerFansAfterALoss.jpg

E: Athens goons I'll be in town for Troy next week let's get hammered

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 14, 2014

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Taylor Kelly ended up on crutches and with a boot on his foot. Bercovici wants to be the man next year, so hopefully he shows something if he needs to run the show for the rest of this season. The defense is lousy and the schedule is tough from this point forward so it's panic time in Tempe.

So yeah, gently caress everything.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

computer parts posted:

Oh yeah and our field is approaching the Redskins' in badness.

Deciding to put in grass for a week and then try to play football on it after torrential downpours is a Dumb Decision. A&M's next three games are away, so it should be a lot better in October or else some people are getting fired.

A&M-Arkansas is going to be brutal to watch if we can't stop the run consistently. A&M will score in ~2 minutes per usual and then Arkansas will run the next 10 minutes off the clock with repeated running plays.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Raku posted:

This is what happens when the coach kicks out half the team to look tough and convince people not connected to the program that he's fixing intangibles somehow

That really isn't the problem at all

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What'd the MOB do at TAMU anyway?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiritus Nox posted:

What'd the MOB do at TAMU anyway?

They did some jokes about bluebonnets and UT being bad, and then finished it off with a joke about Johnny Football being a benchwarmer.

Oh and the best line: "We didn't expect Rice to score 7 points, but Kyle Field really is a place where miracles can happen and lightning can strike twice".

computer parts fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 14, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I was hoping Kentucky-Florida would end in some hilarious fashion, like a penalty for two teammates wearing the same number on the field or something equally hilarious.

But no, Florida had to survive.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

computer parts posted:

They did some jokes about bluebonnets and UT being bad, and then finished it off with a joke about Johnny Football being a benchwarmer.

Really?

...I'm a little disappointed, really, considering their reputation.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gently caress both those dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
So, Oregon has to be the clear cut #1 right? Everyone else has looked pretty vulnerable in one way or another

• Locked thread