Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

wheez the roux posted:

cipro: when you absolutely, positively have to kill every last motherfucker in the gut, accept no substitutes

I wish this were the case...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I wish this were the case...

Because of doctors like mine when they gave me cipro for a UTI :v:

Seemed like overkill to me.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Rad Valtar posted:

Yeah Spence obviously has an issue and is going to rehab to try and fix it so ripping everything away from him right now probably isn't the best thing. It's only practice, it's unlikely he will ever play again.

This. If a kid has a demonstrated problem, ripping him away from his support system and likely the clean friends he has is a really lovely thing to do in the name of football bushido. He just gets to keep his routine and try to get on with his life this way. I don't care if he ever plays again for us or not; I would rather we give him the chance to grow up and move on from this regardless of if that's on the football field especially after seeing what happened with guys like Clarrett. He had a non-violent drug offense and has a non-violent drug problem. I really don't think coaches at any school should be kicking off a kid in that kind of situation.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Greg Davis to Texas Tech.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Numlock posted:

Greg Davis to Texas Tech.

I ain't even mad at Greg Davis, this team isn't his fault.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I ain't even mad at Greg Davis, this team isn't his fault.

Kirk Ferentz is approaching the Charlie Weis apathy-to-payroll quotient, but the job isn't high profile enough to get him fired.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/sources-tell-the-eagle-changes-coming-to-kyle-field-turf/article_efd9fa5a-3f7f-11e4-bce1-cb0cfe627f3d.html

What an easy way to blow $300,000 over what accounts as bad luck

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Eagle is loving up so text:

quote:

A North Carolina-based company will replace Texas A&M’s football field with another natural surface at the cost of $300,000, sources told The Eagle late Thursday afternoon.

The move comes after torrential rains last Friday and Saturday when the Bryan-College Station area was inundated with 4.5 inches of rain in less than 24 hours, leading to sloppy conditions in Saturday night’s game between Texas A&M and Rice. After the game in which A&M won 38 to 10, John Sharp, chancellor for the Texas A&M system, led the decision to make a change and bring in the grass from Carolina Green.

“After the game, the chancellor asked the staff and the Kyle Field redevelopment committee to look at options,” Steve Moore, A&M System vice chancellor of marketing and communications said. “He wanted to know how to provide the best competitive playing surface we could going to forward and that’s what led to this process and the decisions that have been made.”

Carolina Green’s sod, which is being shipped in on 24 refrigerated trucks, has a much thicker sod base than the grass that was installed in early August, meaning it will take less time for it to take a firm hold at Kyle Field. The next game is Oct. 11 when A&M plays Mississippi. They will begin installing the field the week of Sept. 29.

According to Moore, the installation will take about two days, which should give the Aggies ample opportunity to practice on the new surface before their Southeastern Conference home opener.
Aside from the thicker sod base, another reason Carolina Green was chosen is that the company has expertise in replacing fields in-season. Over the last five years, Carolina Green has done in-season replacements for the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, University of Tennessee, University of Kentucky and University of South Carolina. Just last week the Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans played on surface that had been installed the week before by Carolina Green.

Moore said that University officials, as well as their Kyle Field redevelopment partners Populous and Manhattan-Vaughn construction did not originally anticipate any issues with the field heading into the season.

“Populous and Manhattan-Vaughn have done a lot of stadiums and they had a lot of discussion about it,” Moore said. “There are a lot of different field experts out there. The prescription they used in terms of getting the turf, selecting the turf, putting the turf down and how it was put down was all well vetted. Had it not been for the rain, everyone is confident it would have worked very well.”

Moore said that there were no discussions about possibly switching to an artificial surface or moving games to other locations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT spent I forget how much money(a lot) and installed some kind of vacuum system that is capable of sucking away hurricane-quality downpour to keep the field from becoming a big sponge like I'm guessing one would be after 4.5 inches of rain in 24 hours, which is a ridiculous amount of rain. I think MSU installed it a year after VT did.

e: it can handle 16 inches of water an hour. I don't know how much water a hurricane pumps out but 16 inches of water in an hour seems like a loving lot.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 19, 2014

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

16 inches in an hour seems like a loving lot.

Your mom hasn't complained

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Crotch Bat posted:

VT spent I forget how much money(a lot) and installed some kind of vacuum system that is capable of sucking away hurricane-quality downpour to keep the field from becoming a big sponge like I'm guessing one would be after 4.5 inches of rain in 24 hours, which is a ridiculous amount of rain. I think MSU installed it a year after VT did.

e: it can handle 16 inches of water an hour. I don't know how much water a hurricane pumps out but 16 inches of water in an hour seems like a loving lot.

I think the new field at Kyle has something like that. At least I remember reading about the new superior drainage system or whatever. I think in this case it was more that the sod was put down too close to the game and didn't have time to take root/grow together. It was just a bunch of loose squares of grass carpet.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Wanvig posted:

It's really amazing how accurate it is, right down to the crosseyed gator

Where does Thujone usually post his stuff? I've never seen it before this and I'm laughing my rear end off.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Anyone that wants their field to be like Tennessee's must be trying to injure the other team

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clemson FSU line has shifted again last night, 17 --> 14.5

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Clemson FSU line has shifted again last night, 17 --> 14.5

Considering the line was 4.5 last year... don't mean shiiiiiiiit. :smith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
@DavidHaleESPN 6m
#FSU's 2012 QB depth chart:
1 Manuel
2 Trickett
3 Coker
4 Winston
5 Maguire
Tomorrow Maguire starts FSU's biggest game of the year. Crazy.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

wtftastic posted:

Where does Thujone usually post his stuff? I've never seen it before this and I'm laughing my rear end off.

ShaggyBevo but you're better off just googling his name

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

wtftastic posted:

Yeah ground zero is ShaggyBevo which is in so many ways a really horrible place. But he also usually posts the stuff on his blog. Hope you like dick jokes.

haha just saw this one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its uncanny

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Wanvig posted:

It's really amazing how accurate it is, right down to the crosseyed gator

ACoolT5 posted:

My personal favorite Muschamp moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhIpKFsHRk

That guy gets paid three million loving United States dollars a year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Reports say Julie Hermann made a Sandusky joke in a Rutgers athletics meeting. Doesn't sound particularly lewd or anything but isn't she the one constantly doing idiotic things?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Reports say Julie Hermann made a Sandusky joke in a Rutgers athletics meeting. Doesn't sound particularly lewd or anything but isn't she the one constantly doing idiotic things?

The enemies of Rutgers athletics more powerful than you can imagine.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

So even ESPN is saying Watson should start, gently caress you Dabo if you cost us this game for starting Cole.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

@DavidHaleESPN 6m
#FSU's 2012 QB depth chart:
1 Manuel
2 Trickett
3 Coker
4 Winston
5 Maguire
Tomorrow Maguire starts FSU's biggest game of the year. Crazy.

Our first-time starters (or effective starters) tend to perform really really well. Ponder coming in for injured Drew and Suspended Xavier lee against VT was great, EJ after ponder got hurt on the first drive of the south carolina bowl, Jameis's first start against Pitt. Don't feel too worried about Maguire tomorrow.

I wonder how many of the QBs in your list will get NFL looks. Maybe Trickett if he keeps playing this well, and some coach will probably think they can fix Coker.

lamentable dustman posted:

So even ESPN is saying Watson should start, gently caress you Dabo if you cost us this game for starting Cole.

Robert Smith said on air that Watson will start. Weird.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Jameis Winston will not play at all on Saturday, according to Florida State.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/513163729010450432

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AsInHowe posted:

Jameis Winston will not play at all on Saturday, according to Florida State.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/513163729010450432

‏@dpbrugler: "Based upon the results" of the school's investigation, #FloridaState is now suspending QB Jameis Winston for the FULL #Clemson game. Wow

they did an investigation of jameis saying "gently caress her right in the pussy"?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Guess they don't think too much of Clemson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

they did an investigation of jameis saying "gently caress her right in the pussy"?

Yeah really, what more is there to find out here? He yelled it really loud I guess?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

‏@dpbrugler: "Based upon the results" of the school's investigation, #FloridaState is now suspending QB Jameis Winston for the FULL #Clemson game. Wow

Good to know yelling obscenities out loud warrants a more detailed investigation than rape.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ehud posted:

Jokes on them. 3rd (2nd now?) String QB and part time wide receiver John Franklin is a goddamn rocket :smug:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ehud posted:

Apparently, they found conclusive proof that he hosed her right in the pussy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Which investigation?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is a theoretically losable game, did he yell it at an ex-GF or something? I'm trying to figure out how this is better or worse than it originally appeared.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

Which investigation?

All of them

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This is a theoretically losable game, did he yell it at an ex-GF or something? I'm trying to figure out how this is better or worse than it originally appeared.

Might've just been a general sense of public pressure because of what's been going on with the NFL? Beyond that, no idea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"This morning, we received a damning video. After reviewing the tape, Clemson's offense is much less dynamic this season so we feel it's best to act stern and hold Jameis out all game."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Grittybeard posted:

As far as I can tell from all the tweets about it, he stood up in a public place on campus and yelled it.

It seems really weird to me that they'd increase his punishment. I wonder if he was an rear end to the administration during the "investigation" or something.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

this page of this thread needs more of that picture of dabo.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Well no Winston is great and all but if we lose to loving Maguire....

At least we had an excuse before

Tetrix posted:

this page of this thread needs more of that picture of dabo.

Letting his light shine

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pakled posted:

As far as I can tell from all the tweets about it, he stood up in a public place on campus and yelled it.

It seems really weird to me that they'd increase his punishment. I wonder if he was an rear end to the administration during the "investigation" or something.

It would seem to imply that there was more to it than simply standing up and shouting something bad. That something more could very well be his attitude during the investigation, or perhaps the shouting was what brought attention to a bunch of other unseemly things he was up to.

• Locked thread