Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

lamentable dustman posted:

Letting his light shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Deteriorata posted:

It would seem to imply that there was more to it than simply standing up and shouting something bad. That something more could very well be his attitude during the investigation, or perhaps the shouting was what brought attention to a bunch of other unseemly things he was up to.

There is video floating around of him punching a Citadel player 2 weeks ago, maybe something to do with that. Or he yelled it at the girl he raped.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
another half of football is honestly not all that severe of a punishment so it's unlikely to be anything particularly salacious [edit: well now twitter is saying it might be...]

tomorrow probably gonna suck, heading to Greenville in the morning. hopefully won't get shivved

swizz fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 20, 2014

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

It would seem to imply that there was more to it than simply standing up and shouting something bad. That something more could very well be his attitude during the investigation, or perhaps the shouting was what brought attention to a bunch of other unseemly things he was up to.

lol

Its literally just "clemsons not that good" + "NFL is loving up lets do something to look good by comparison"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
FSU losing tomorrow and missing the playoffs because jameis yelled "gently caress her right in the pussy" would be the funniest poo poo ever and some amazingly deserved retroactive punishment

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

the culminator posted:

lol

Its literally just "clemsons not that good" + "NFL is loving up lets do something to look good by comparison"

yeah Det Jameis has a rep with the admin for being really yes sir/no sir about things. Doubt it was his attitude. It being hastily put together at almost midnight EST seems to just be buckling unless he got into some poo poo in the last couple hours

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wheez the roux posted:

FSU losing tomorrow and missing the playoffs because jameis yelled "gently caress her right in the pussy" would be the funniest poo poo ever and some amazingly deserved retroactive punishment

It's a start

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

yeah Det Jameis has a rep with the admin for being really yes sir/no sir about things. Doubt it was his attitude. It being hastily put together at almost midnight EST seems to just be buckling unless he got into some poo poo in the last couple hours

i thought the whole problem was that jameis doesn't understand the concepts of yes and no

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

wheez the roux posted:

I mean, in light of a prison sentence...sure!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wheez the roux posted:

i thought the whole problem was that jameis doesn't understand the concepts of yes and no
empty quoting 'cause drat

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I'm not saying it's anywhere near the level of punishment I'd like and he should certainly be in jail, but we're going to have to take what we can get

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
After the Bucs meltdown and FSU possibly losing tomorrow I might need a lot of whiskey tomorrow night.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

fwiw twitter has rumors that he's done for good. We'll see after the game tomorrow, I'd imagine

@PeteL_FSU: So the main rumor is Winston lied to Stokes when questioned about the Tuesday incident and Admin wants him suspended for the year.

Stokes is our interim President btw

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 20, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

@PeteL_FSU: So the main rumor is Winston lied to Stokes when questioned about the Tuesday incident and Admin wants him suspended for the year.

Jesus Christ Jameis if that is even half true.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
how the hell do you lie about something literally everyone in the general vicinity saw

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

fwiw twitter has rumors that he's done for good. We'll see after the game tomorrow, I'd imagine

Stokes is our interim President btw

What the fuuuuuuuuuck jameis

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

swizz posted:

how the hell do you lie about something literally everyone in the general vicinity saw

I don't think Jameis Winston is a very bright guy, overall.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

swizz posted:

"Naaaah coach you know how shits hosed up in the twitterverse..."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tomorrow's going to rule

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Funniest thing about this whole thing to me is that last week some Clemson guys I know started a twitter campaign to get Winston suspended from the game for throwing the punch below 2 weeks ago and he ends up getting suspended for totally unrelated reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89kcz2j7V50

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Pillsbury are you in Tallahassee?

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I hope he lied to the president in his Bill Cosby voice.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The whole year would be the dumbest suspension. Jesus, just suspend him for the sexual assault, don't cook up this bullshit.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

Pillsbury are you in Tallahassee?

Not this weekend

Bruce Feldman tweeted that his source says that "there was a discrepancy in where he was standing when he yelled."

On mobile right now so can't copy paste well

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 10s
SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying theobscenities

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Not this weekend

Bruce Feldman tweeted that his source says that "there was a discrepancy in where he was standing when he yelled."

On mobile right now so can't copy paste well

Ahh bout to say, I'd love to know the climate surrounding gameday tomorrow on campus.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I mean I realize it's probably cumulative, but suspending for an entire game, let alone a whole year, for this incident is dumb as gently caress.

Maybe if FSU had actually punished him even slightly for the theft/assault charges he wouldn't feel like he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

limeincoke posted:

I mean I realize it's probably cumulative, but suspending for an entire game, let alone a whole year, for this incident is dumb as gently caress.

Maybe if FSU had actually punished him even slightly for the theft/assault charges he wouldn't feel like he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Exactly. They didn't so it's completely cumulative.

You know... And the rape.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I wanna know why where he was standing is so important.

Yeah buddy who's there says the suspension doesn't have anything to do with the title ix investigation and just with the yelling and jumping.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 20, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Patrik Nohe ‏@PatrikNohe
So sounding like maybe Jameis had just seen that video, and maybe he kept repeating the meme all day as he went to his classes about campus.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Oh scarf for your information, this is the atmosphere around football fans there right now

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 20, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

I wanna know why where he was standing is so important.

Yeah buddy who's there says the suspension doesn't have anything to do with the title ix investigation and just with the yelling and jumping.

Because if Bill Clinton's impeachment hearing taught us anything... It's that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't lie about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What video.

What is going on.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Patrik Nohe ‏@PatrikNohe
So sounding like maybe Jameis had just seen that video, and maybe he kept repeating the meme all day as he went to his classes about campus.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Oh scarf for your information, this is the atmosphere around football fans there right now

:laffo:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm still laughing

CharlestheHammer posted:

What video.

What is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG72vgqNSVE

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 20, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

swizz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRaev4Qybqg

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Maybe they could solve this Jameis Winston situation by having Adrian Peterson spank him?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Jameis Winston makes Johnny Manziel look like Tim Tebow.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is the best story of the year. I want him to be suspended further because it will amuse be to watch news stations tiptoe around what he said to get suspended.

Also, there is a chance that they interview somebody about the situation and they drop a "gently caress her right in the pussy" instead.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
In a vacuum, this poo poo is so dumb. A game for yelling some moronic meme on campus. Maybe the administration really doesn't like stupid internet memes in general.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Dattserberg posted:

In a vacuum, this poo poo is so dumb. A game for yelling some moronic meme on campus. Maybe the administration really doesn't like stupid internet memes in general.

Yeah, I tend to agree. If random offensive lineman does this, it seems like the coach just tells him to shut the gently caress up and don't do it again. But they feel the need to punish Jameis because of past transgressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tetrix posted:

Yeah, I tend to agree. If random offensive lineman does this, it seems like the coach just tells him to shut the gently caress up and don't do it again. But they feel the need to punish Jameis because of past transgressions.

So? They should feel that need.

He's a loving retard.

• Locked thread