Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nick Foles is on pace for 5,216 yds and 32 TD 10 INT :eyepop:
With 4000 yards of it YAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ozu posted:

He's not alex smith or something, he took shots all day yesterday

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

DupaDupa posted:

Aaron Rodgers should probably stop trying to block https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/514114264416919553

Hahaha I love how Levy completely abandons pursuit because he realizes he can destroy Aaron Rodgers for free

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Don't attack people at football games. Unless they're Eagles fans because they'll attack you regardless.

Or Bears fans, because gently caress those guys.

Except Dexo. He seems pretty cool.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

How much of that is YAC?

Ozu posted:

^^^^:argh:

MrLogan fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 22, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Out of curiosity I looked up YAC leaders, cause I knew Foles would be in the top 3 because of the week 2 game with Sproles (233 YAC in that game alone), but some of the others surprised me.

1) Andy Dalton - 392 of 722 (54%)
2) Nick Foles - 390 of 978 (40%)
3) Matt Ryan - 360 of 965 (37%)
4) Ben Roethlisberger - 322 of 778 (41%)
5) Andrew Luck - 311 of 912 (34%)
6) Matt Stafford - 307 of 883 (34%)
7) Drew Brees - 293 of 883 (33%)
8) Jay Cutler - 276 of 525 (53%)
9) Aaron Rodgers - 267 of 697 (38%)
10) Philip Rivers - 263 of 778 (33%)

24) Alex Smith - 189 of 643 (29%)

Alex Smith?? 24th in YAC among QBs??? :stare:

And in weeks 1 and 3, Foles' YAC amount was 157 of 745 (21%).

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 22, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not a lot of YAC when you check down to a guy standing 4 yards away with the LB a yard behind him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Retail Slave posted:

Kind of contradictory points here, I think. If bringing down A"loving"P in the backfield one time is the biggest accomplishment of your life, then you've led a pretty sad life, I think.

I cried when both of my kids were born.

I'm not saying don't celebrate. Score the go-ahead touchdown late in the game when you're fighting for a playoff spot? Sure, celebrate and be happy and high-five your teammates and whatever. It just seems kind of silly to do it at insignificant points in the game.

But nobody's mind is going to be changed by arguing about it on the internet. I'd really rather not spend the next 5 pages going back and forth on this point.

Tackling a football player is way harder than knocking up your wife twice. Like, you don't even have to try to do that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Not a lot of YAC when you check down to a guy standing 4 yards away with the LB a yard behind him.

Plus Charles went out early in game 2 and he's probably the main guy KC has to rack up YAC. Everything else has been intermediate routes to tight ends and Bowe who's been getting tackled right away.

In theory Bowe should be good for YAC too but he hasn't been in two years at this point.

e: ok and a few hilarious wheel routes to Joe McKnight of all people who I think Miami refused to defend on the basis they didn't believe he was on the field.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Out of curiosity I looked up YAC leaders, cause I knew Foles would be in the top 3 because of the week 2 game with Sproles (233 YAC in that game alone), but some of the others surprised me.

Without looking it up I would guess that Carr has the lowest in the league on the basis that the only time I've seen a receiver make a move down field after a catch this season he fumbled the ball twice in the same possession.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^ Has to be a cop sting.

What did you use to look up those stats? I'd be interested to see if my gut is right about Flacco doing it his god damned self despite running a heavy screen offense.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This will go well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Andrew Luck is on pace for 4,864 yards and 48 TD and 16 INT.

Haha, I really like Dockett.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Is that real, because :stare:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Retail Slave posted:

Or Bears fans, because gently caress those guys.

Except Dexo. He seems pretty cool.

If you see me at a Bears game feel free to hit me as I already made the terrible mistake of seeing a football game live rather than hungover on my couch.

Also, I'd wonder how the gently caress you would know it was me, but really feel free to attack any 5'9, 215ish pound black dude. Probably turn out fine.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 22, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

^^^ Has to be a cop sting.

What did you use to look up those stats? I'd be interested to see if my gut is right about Flacco doing it his god damned self despite running a heavy screen offense.
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-quarterback-passing-yards-after-catch-statistics/2014/

Flacco is 14th.

Carr is 21st.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

the greatest invention i've ever seen :aaaaa:

Retail Slave posted:

The moral of the story: Don't jump around like an idiot unless you make the game-winning play or something.

(anxiously awaiting the sarcastic "just hand the ball to the referee" posts)

His ACL probably would've just torn later if not at that moment. They go when they go. It's a tendon that you can't strengthen through exercise like your hammy or quad. Once the strain reaches maximum then it rips, period. The details are different for everyone, but that's why you see players get hurt for doing something innocent and normal.

e: oops I should refresh the thread. I guess it wasn't an ACL but his hammy? Idk

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 22, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

If you see me at a Bears game feel free to hit me as I already made the terrible mistake of seeing a football game live rather than hungover on my couch.

Also, I'd wonder how the gently caress you would know it was me, but really feel free to attack any 5'9, 215ish pound black dude. Probably turn out fine.

Well as Riley cooper I-

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FizFashizzle posted:

Well as Riley cooper I-

Hey careful, they *just* fined Kaep for that, mister.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
N: Kyle Rudolph likely out at least 6 weeks for sports hernia surgery

V: well ok

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Well as Riley cooper I-

Hahaha

Parlett316 posted:

Or have the fortune to not have to sit near a bunch of belligerent assholes.

The last Skins game I went to, the dude behind me vomited a LOT and passed out behind me for the first half. He woke up during the 3rd quarter only to move a couple rows back, vomit again, and pass out again. I've only been to one Philly game, but the most abuse I saw opposing fans get was a "HA HA" and a finger pointing to a dude in a Manning jersey (this was a few years ago when we beat the Colts at home).

That's my lovely story, huge sample size of going to games, I know.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

old dog child posted:

the greatest invention i've ever seen :aaaaa:

Living in the 21st century is so awesome

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Oakland Raiders receiver corps:

WR 1: James Jones
WR 2: Denarius Moore
WR 3: Andre Holmes
WR 4: Vincent Brown
WR 5: Brice Butler

:downsgun:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ostentatious posted:

Is Jones still dropping everything in sight?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

yawn

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

cut
denarius
moore

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

HappyHelmet posted:

Haha, reminds me of Matt Hasselbeck. Dude loved lay down blocks for people, but he was so bad at it. It was especially bad given how fragile he was in his last few years with the Seahawks.

Always a fun part of watching the Beast Quake video is watching Hass sprint up and block Tom Johnson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's pretty vicious how the media is criticising Stephen Tulloch. It's sort of funny but that kind of thing could happen to anybody at anytime and he didn't do anything wrong.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's pretty vicious how the media is criticising Stephen Tulloch. It's sort of funny but that kind of thing could happen to anybody at anytime and he didn't do anything wrong.

Burn all media to the ground.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Retail Slave posted:

Is Jones still dropping everything in sight?

Sometimes twice on the same play!

I think I'll be over that play in 4-6 weeks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What the hell is this wizardry?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If anything it highlights the danger of pelvic thrusting. Remember, kids, work on those kegels and you won't be Stephen Tulloch.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 23, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-HgJdyOHLI

Count me as somebody who is out on this. It might be misguided but I don't want magnets in my beer, especially if these cups are re-used. I mean the beer lines are probably disgusting but yeah pour me a glass of beer with no seal at the bottom, please.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

kiimo posted:

Count me as somebody who is out on this. It might be misguided but I don't want magnets in my beer, especially if these cups are re-used. I mean the beer lines are probably disgusting but yeah pour me a glass of beer with no seal at the bottom, please.
Maybe you could wear the cup on your head afterward and the magnets will improve blood circulation in your brain.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

I used to clean beer taps for a living. I assure there is no probably about it, your beer lines are deplorably filthy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I used to clean beer taps for a living. I assure there is no probably about it, your beer lines are deplorably filthy.

That explains why draft beer always tastes better. :q:

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

kiimo posted:

Then your beer will end up all over the floor, idiot

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

anyone making the MNF thread?

I am not volunteering

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Rick Wagner seems to be doing a decent job as a first year starter at RT. He was a 5th round draft pick last year and it's good to see he's doing fine. He's still a bit raw, though. On the last two plays of the Bengals game (both sacks) Cincy simply overloaded Wagner and got a clear shot on Joe.

Eugene Monroe is battling a leg injury right now, so I hope he ends up being alright because he's a pretty badass LT. Kelechi Osemele seems to awesome, dude is a complete mauler at guard.

Hopefully the line can hold, as they've been doing great at creating space for the runningbacks. Lorenzo Taliaferro is probably going to end up beating Bernard Pierce for the #1 RB spot if Pierce can't stay healthy. Lorenzo had really good vision and it was nice to see him do so well, especially since I didn't like the pick and was sad about missing Terrance West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: also :lol:

@AdamSchefter
LB James Harrison scheduled to meet Tuesday with Steelers coaches. Assuming it goes well, he signs with PITT.

• Locked thread