Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Underwhelmed posted:

I just joined. Tier 5 is a pretty lonely place right now.
That resets every month, doesn't it? I haven't played in quite a while and after picking Forza 5 back up the other day, I might get back into this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

That resets every month, doesn't it? I haven't played in quite a while and after picking Forza 5 back up the other day, I might get back into this game.

Every week, unless they changed it.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I've been playing quite a bit recently, working my way through the bucket list challenges. Once I complete all the main stuff I'm gonna buy the Storm Island DLC :cool:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, unless it's changed the XP ladder resets every week.

I intend to complete all the Championships at all the locations. I have a chart to help me plan that out. I have viable cars for every championship and have used them to get the "Multi-disciplined" achievement awhile ago.
Storm Island distracted me from the goal and it's a really great add-on for just :10bux: (if you have FH2 VIP). Also, I have the Season Pass so I'm looking forward to the next car pack.

I have had very little time for gaming due to holiday volume at work, but I'll be back. Things will settle down sometime in January, with spikes for Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, and my day-shift counterpart comes back from three weeks' vacation next Tuesday (been doing the work of two people since the 15th.) What little time I've had to turn the console on I've used to gain new abilities/runes in Shadow of Mordor, because the more stuff there is to do the more impressed I am with the combat system. Hell, the stealth is very forgiving and rewarding, too, if you're patient. If Batman (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, etc.) is anything like this then I understand why people like them so much, and I'll be needing to try them.

Incidentally, I made just enough money from the Christmas pay period to order my new home theater receiver (it ships today!) I've been without surround sound for far too long (and that's why I haven't jumped on anybody's used racing wheels). I can't wait to rev up some engines in 7.1 (but I'll have to be extra nice to my neighbors to prepare).

By all means, you should build up your friends list from the club roster, because even if those folks have moved on they still probably have lots and lots of Rivals times for you to beat!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Dr. Faustus posted:

Incidentally, I made just enough money from the Christmas pay period to order my new home theater receiver (it ships today!) I've been without surround sound for far too long (and that's why I haven't jumped on anybody's used racing wheels). I can't wait to rev up some engines in 7.1 (but I'll have to be extra nice to my neighbors to prepare).

Valentino didn't come through?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WienerDog posted:

Valentino told me the old Onkyo was just too far gone. Too many dried-out capacitors to replace them all. I let him keep it. :(
It served me well, but it had no HDMI and only four digital audio inputs. Now I'll have 7 HDMI ins (I think four are 3D/4K ready), WiFi, Bluetooth, a remote contol app, DNLA streaming, good stuff. I just need to buy one more satellite speaker for the high center channel and I'll be set for awhile to come.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WienerDog posted:

Haha that was a good story

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah, unless it's changed the XP ladder resets every week.

I noticed it was more active today. When I joined up a couple days ago it must have been close to the reset; all I saw then were several dozen zero point totals.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
How's the activity here vs. FM5? I got both for Xmas so I finally bought a 'bone over the weekend. I have a ControllerMAX on order with the hopes of making my CSR wheel useful, but I'm playing gamepad for now so I'm hoping FH2 is where more of the action is since that's a lot less dependent on the wheel.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You're probably going to be disappointed with the controller max. I have one and tried it and it's not very good. It just emulates a stick so it's super non linear. You might be able to dial it out somewhat Wii uh the fanatec settings but I gave up on it pretty quickly

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 7, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Which is why you should buy my Thrustmaster TX at this totally awesome reduced price! ($240 shipped)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689683

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Just picked this up with DLC, how much do I have to play before all features unlock? I'm only used to the proper Forza games. I'll also join the car club as AdamH1mself when I unlock the feature.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

Which is why you should buy my Thrustmaster TX at this totally awesome reduced price! ($240 shipped)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689683
Actually, it's spoken for. I'm buying it. From you. Ether Frenzy. Yes, you. With the Thrustmaster wheel for sale.

Hey guys, tell me what I can mount it to for very very cheap.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 7, 2015

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GutBomb posted:

You're probably going to be disappointed with the controller max. I have one and tried it and it's not very good. It just emulates a stick so it's super non linear. You might be able to dial it out somewhat Wii uh the fanatec settings but I gave up on it pretty quickly

That's what I'm expecting, but it seems like a nifty device one way or another so if it doesn't work out for the wheel it won't feel like a total waste.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh god this new car pack is awesome. Gonna be a lot of oj role playing.
Ford Bronco

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_january_casio_g-shock_car_pack

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dr. Faustus posted:

Actually, it's spoken for. I'm buying it. From you. Ether Frenzy. Yes, you. With the Thrustmaster wheel for sale.

Hey guys, tell me what I can mount it to for very very cheap.

Excellent choice, sir. You will have fun!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I just bought this game and it's asking me to join a club and I'm assuming that I want to be with ~goons~ Is that the GRC thing in the OP? Is that still in date and I should add one of the people listed?

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I just bought this game and it's asking me to join a club and I'm assuming that I want to be with ~goons~ Is that the GRC thing in the OP? Is that still in date and I should add one of the people listed?

Yes, yes and yes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FAILURE posted:

Yes, yes and yes.
And yes! Join us!
I'm getting a wheel and stand this week, I can't wait to use it!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know the game isn't very populated by goons anymore, but I just wanted to say all are still welcome. I'm playing today and I'll challenge your rivals times if you're active.
I'm thinking I want to finish the main championships before I go full Storm Island.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I just did the Finale so I'll finally be getting online, attacking rivals times, and the like.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
As far as I know I still need an invite to the goon club (haven't logged in about a week so if I do have an invite - sorry!) Who can I talk to for that?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just friend one of the club leaders and you can join.

GutBomb303
Captain Howdy 0 (that's me)
Whatcubed3
MacClay

Welcome to GRC! Activity is down because there are so many great XBox One games out (when I play, which is rare these days due to work and other stuff, I usually am playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) but you can have a lot of fun doing championships and I recommend that any time you see a [GRC] rival pop up after a race, beat them. It's fun and you learn the courses better!

I want to thank Molghandi for setting rivals times for me. At least someone cares!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 25, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't bought any DLC for this game yet, but looks like I'll be firing it up and snagging The Best SUV...IN THE WOOORRRRLLLLDDD.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
GUYS GUYS GUYS

The new Top Gear car pack is out!

GentlemanofLeisure is right, that's the 1986 Lamborghini LM 002. It looks like a beast and should be a blast on Storm Island!

Other cars in the pack:
2014 BMW M235i
2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale
1966 Ford Lotus Cortina (yay!)
1993 Jaguar XJ220
2015 Lexus RC F

loving good poo poo, man.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/02/games-forza-horizon-2-top-gear-car-pack

This is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgILwXIBoGI

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 5, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

1993 Jaguar XJ220

can we take a moment to appreciate this

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ethanol posted:

Absolutely.

:getin:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

Yes, please.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Forza Motorsport.net posted:

Today, Xbox and Universal Partnerships & Licensing announced an unprecedented partnership to bring a unique, standalone expansion to millions of Xbox fans worldwide.

For the first time, the thrilling driving and amazing cars of Forza, the highest-rated racing series of the past 10 years, are combining with the blockbuster Fast & Furious film franchise to create an original adventure filled with high-speed automotive action in Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious.

Launching on March 27, 2015, Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious is a standalone expansion to Forza Horizon 2 for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The all-new expansion will put players behind the wheel of iconic vehicles from the Fast & Furious film series, including exciting new cars appearing in Universal Pictures’ Furious 7, in theaters April 3. Players do not need to have purchased or played Forza Horizon 2 in order to download and enjoy the open-world adventure.

“Forza is synonymous with racing and fun, so it’s only natural for us to work with one of the most celebrated automotive entertainment franchises in the world,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. “This is a great way to bring Forza players into the world of Fast & Furious, and in Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious, every fan will get a chance to go wheels-first into the exciting action of the Fast & Furious franchise.”

To celebrate the launch of Furious 7, this standalone expansion will be available at no charge for a limited two-week period. Beginning on March 27 and continuing through April 10, 2015, players can download the expansion on Xbox One or Xbox 360 at no charge. After April 10, the expansion will cost $10, but players who downloaded it for free during the two-week window can continue to play without restriction.

“Furious 7 is the latest installment in our enormously successful franchise, and partnering with the world-class team at Turn 10 Studios offered an exceptional opportunity to thank our fans in an exciting way,” said Bill Kispert, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Digital Platforms, Universal Partnerships & Licensing. “In this adventure, fans will experience the thrill of the Fast & Furious series’ most iconic cars through the amazing gameplay of Forza. We can’t think of a better combination for gamers and movie fans alike.”

In Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious, players will be recruited by Fast & Furious expert mechanic Tej Parker, voiced by Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, to source cars for the Fast & Furious crew’s next big mission. Players will take part in a series of thrilling car challenges set in the idyllic south of France, challenges inspired by both the Fast & Furious films and Forza’s legendary gameplay.

As players complete game challenges, they will unlock new cars that can be added to their collection and can be driven throughout the open world in free roam play. Players will also be able to take photos of their favorite cars in Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious and share them with fellow Forza players via the official Forza Web site and the Forza Hub app on Xbox One.

See below for a list of some of the special edition vehicles that will be featured in the game:

1970 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R Fast & Furious Edition
1998 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
2014 Maserati Ghibli S Fast & Furious Edition
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Fast & Furious Edition
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
1970 Plymouth Cuda Fast & Furious Edition
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Fast & Furious Edition

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_fast_and_furious_announce

This should be fun.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 25, 2015

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
I am very excited about this and I dont care who knows it. I hope it includes a whole new area and isnt just a car/mission pack but for 10 bucks its hard to tell.

edit - well I just googled where the movie takes place and Europe wasnt mentioned anywhere so I guess maybe there will be a new area? I am interested to learn more.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 25, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I am very excited about this and I dont care who knows it. I hope it includes a whole new area and isnt just a car/mission pack but for 10 bucks its hard to tell.

edit - well I just googled where the movie takes place and Europe wasnt mentioned anywhere so I guess maybe there will be a new area? I am interested to learn more.
Well, a line in the press release says "Players will take part in a series of thrilling car challenges set in the idyllic south of France, challenges inspired by both the Fast & Furious films and Forza’s legendary gameplay." so I wouldn't bet on getting any new map areas. Also it's being released for free for the first two weeks, so if you act fast, you won't have to part with your :10bux:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
omfg that Charger

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Well, a line in the press release says "Players will take part in a series of thrilling car challenges set in the idyllic south of France, challenges inspired by both the Fast & Furious films and Forza’s legendary gameplay." so I wouldn't bet on getting any new map areas. Also it's being released for free for the first two weeks, so if you act fast, you won't have to part with your :10bux:

yeah, I watched the trailer last night and saw that it was the same map. Too bad, but the free for 2 weeks owns super hard to I will check it out.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

There should be a paul walker achievement - reach 200 mph on a speed camera placed on a street corner

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ethanol posted:

There should be a paul walker achievement - reach 200 mph on a speed camera placed on a street corner

With trees. Achievement should be called "The Fast and the Deciduous".

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
For some reason my brain interpreted March 27 as Feb 27, and now I'm pretty bummed we have to wait a whole month for this expansion.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

We're getting a free miata car pack
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata, the 2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5, the 2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20 and the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/forza-2-horizon-getting-free-mazda-mx-5-car-pack-dlc

my life is complete

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
O wow, I've never seen that model before. That's hot.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

O wow, I've never seen that model before. That's hot.

Hammond reviewed it last Sunday on Top Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The Fast and Furious expansion is available and free for the next few days, just as a reminder.

• Locked thread