Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
drat, there's a Deluxe edition? I couldn't find any info about that prior to reading this thread. And now that I know it exists, I can't find it for sale anywhere. I need my VIP crown yo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

gently caress yeah! I gotta have my burger king hat.
Let me know if you find it. I'll cancel my Day One pre-order and order the Royale with cheeze instead.

There's a new news post up on FM.net that mentions VIP is 50% off for FM5 vip's!

It says: "Current Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs receive a $10 discount on digital purchases of Forza Horizon 2 VIP membership or any Forza Horizon 2 digital offer that includes VIP membership. (Note that this discount only applies to digital offers of Forza Horizon 2.)"

So I think that means we can grab our Day One edition pre-orders and add on VIP from the marketplace @ 50% off.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Can someone post the link to the Xbox.com 'Buy this silly thing' digital deluxe pack, preferably with the FM5 VIP discount? I am either idiotic or being hampered by being in Europe and cannot find it on the store.

It could also be that microsoft's websites are f'n horrible.

Does This work?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

deathmerc posted:

Someone should start a SA club.

GutBomb posted:

I am going to just create GRC on Tuesday morning and I'll send out some club invites if it works like the clubs used to.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Or is it Goon Racing Championship?

I DON'T KNOW!!

WienerDog you gotta upload dat logo.

I'M IN.
Only two hours and forty minutes late! Woohoo.

Not my design dude. I downloaded it from someone. GutBomb I think.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GutBomb posted:

You have to win 3 championships and do the race against the train to unlock clubs.

Challenge Accepted.

Just got home and I guess something is installing from the disc. Or it's downloading an update.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

azflyboy posted:

FYI, a lot of the online features (downloading paints, rivals, and the club features) are either not working or are being intermittently disabled by the developers to try and figure out issues with the online components and the VIP not working.

My VIP didn't show up at first, but I had to restart my console after the second race because my controller disconnected itself and wouldn't reconnect, and now I have my crown. I don't have any messages in my inbox though, so no bonus cars yet. I believe the Day One Edition pack cars should be there, plus a bunch for my Forza Rewards status?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Are clubs actually working right now? Still looks like they are having server problems galore.

Yup. You have to compete the first 3 championships and the second showcase event and it prompts you to join one after you drive back to the festival.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Few pics from the Xbone version I took in the first few hours of gameplay last night:

This game owns bones.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Atmus posted:

I got some fancy AMG car that was pretty expensive, and a bunch of 'lesser' cars. I kind of want to know what the wheel spin perk does in regards to the cars, if anything.

I got 1 car in 5 or 6 spins after unlocking that perk, but it was the fiat500. I had only gotten one car in the 18 or so spins before.

With VIP it also gives you the value of the car in ForzaBux as a bonus.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Atmus posted:

Anyone want to do some road trips or whatever around 6pm Colorado time tonight? I want to get that bullshit fake achievement for doing ten of them by the end of the month.

Send me an invite when you get up and running. GT: Molgandhi

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Wait... WeinerDog is Molghandi? I had no idea!!! (see you tonight, friend)

Thanks for uhhhh.... paying attention?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dolemite posted:

So I spent a good chunk of last night trying to find a group of racers that actually race instead passing people by ramming them into walls, light poles, etc.

I got so frustrated with being a front runner in a race, only to get punted off into a guard rail by some rear end in a top hat that deliberately used me as their brakes.

I started doing a lot of online road trips with pubbies a couple weeks ago, and I never experienced this level of frustration. The way the physics work in this game, and considering damage is off, getting bumped in a corner just doesn't upset the car that much. Sure, sometimes I careen into an impenetrable tree or telephone pole, or I hear people moan about getting nudged outside a checkpoint (which really sucks, almost guarantees a last place finish) but I find it's far from unplayable. It's so easy to race back to the front of the pack against most online opponents. Way better then FM5, where the tinniest nudge from some lagging ghost car (GT's will not be named) puts you into a wall with all sorts of damages.

I dunno, maybe I'm just slow, or not that competitive, because I think online roadtrips are fun.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Something really interesting I've noticed over the years of the Xbox 360 users having Avatars:

Just about everyone I know in real life (so I can compare to their online look) has an avatar that strongly resembles what they actually look like, even if they're fat, short, neckbeard-havers who wear socks with sandals. I'm actually kind of impressed at the general level of honesty.

I gave my 360 avatar a moustache and goatee, but the joke's on you, because I can't grow any facial hair to save my life.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I'll be on soon!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

hanyolo posted:

How the hell are you supposed to beat the 50,000 skill point challenge bucket list in the Merc (I think it's #10 in the second bucket list).

At least with the Nice and the Cargo one there are spots to get a good chain going. I can't see anywhere in this one :smith:

Ditto with the racing, tag is jonesdoge

The SLS along the coast to Nice? I just strung together a chain of drifts. I think you will have to get it in one combo, or at least that's the easiest way. There's lots of sweeping drifty turns and that car is a drift machine. Sideswipes are a good way to get skillscore high too.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
So apparently there's an expansion coming out tomorrow called Storm Island?

IGN has the trailer Here and it promises "Extreme Weather," 5 offroad Legends, and 80 new events.

Could be cool? Doesn't look to be worth more then $10 or $15 though.

Edit: I just saw they tweeted out the pricing as well.

Out tomorrow for #ForzaHorizon2 on #XboxOne, the 'Storm Island' expansion DLC will cost $19.99, or $9.99 if you're a Horizon 2 VIP.

VIP 4 Lyfe.

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 15, 2014

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Anyone ordering it online from the store? I'm logged in (from work), I have VIP and the Season Pass, but at checkout it's still showing $19.99. Is it $9.99 for VIPs, and when/how is the discount applied?

They said on twitter to hold off on purchasing until it shows the correct price for VIPs.

quote:

If you're not seeing the Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island 50% VIP discount applied correctly, please hold off purchasing until we fix the issue.

But then they said

quote:

If you're a Forza Horizon 2 VIP and weren't seeing the Storm Island 50% discount this issue should now be resolved. Thanks for your patience

So if I was you I would wait until I got home and did the game update and hopefully it shows the correct price.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Tighran posted:

The expansion sounds awesome, I think I'll try booting the game up again tomorrow to see if it will load...

Because it hasn't in weeks. It gets to the Press A to Start screen, hit the button, and... Loading Please Wait. I've left it for hours and it will not load. I tried using one of my friend's profiles who had a saved game... same result. I tried using another profile with no saved game... same result. I deleted and reinstalled the game, same results. Got the update and hoped it would be fixed... same results.

I had just gotten back to the game since being distracted by some other stuff, and was just a handful of races away from the second finale. I started having really long load times about a week before this started so I've just been waiting to see if poo poo worked itself out, but maybe I should contact support... I've definitely enjoyed the game so far but I do not want to have to rebuild my garage from scratch.

Have you tried restarting your console by holding the power button for 10 - 15 seconds, then booting up again? That has solved various bugs on the Bone for me.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Incidentally, I made just enough money from the Christmas pay period to order my new home theater receiver (it ships today!) I've been without surround sound for far too long (and that's why I haven't jumped on anybody's used racing wheels). I can't wait to rev up some engines in 7.1 (but I'll have to be extra nice to my neighbors to prepare).

Valentino didn't come through?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
For some reason my brain interpreted March 27 as Feb 27, and now I'm pretty bummed we have to wait a whole month for this expansion.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

O wow, I've never seen that model before. That's hot.

Hammond reviewed it last Sunday on Top Gear.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GutBomb posted:

You know it's not.

They're all bad.

Nope. Fast 5 is amazing.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

ethanol posted:

Yeah, probbably my favorite thing to do, I'm extremely upset about the end of Clarkson Top Gear, I presume that's the end of Top Gear in Forza too. :(

poo poo, yea. I didn't think about that. I don't care about the little intros or commentaries from the presenters, but if FM6 doesn't have the TG test track that would be sad.

I always thought they missed an opportunity to have some sort of test track leaderboard where it could display your top times with stock or modified cars regardless of class, like on the show.

Maybe a replica TG Studio where your top 5 cars around TG track could be displayed? IIRC they had that background already there in FM4 and you take pictures of cars in the studio.

But what do I know?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

More good poo poo. Gonna grab it ASAP.
I'm distracted by The Witcher III but if anyone wants some FH2 multiplayer just post here with time and date, we'll do something.

It's me. I want too.

Tonight around 10? After that I could be available on Thursday night I think. (GRC is Wednesday, obv.)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I set times in most of the Porsche rivals last night. Cool cars. I especially like the Carrera GT and GT3RS.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Didn't they already say Porsche in FM6 in 2016?
I would definitely expect them to continue paying EA for these car licenses (and charging $20 for the DLC in February to finance that/revive sales of Forza 6, six months after launch) because everyone loves Porsches.

Wonder how the Top Gear license (specifically Jeremy talking about cars) plays out what with the "Clarkson-not-getting-renewed-this-year-but-likely-will-in-the-future Fracas" but Top Gear still existing as a BBC IP and all.

Yea, they mentioned it in the news release for the FH2 Porsche pack that they would be in FM6 in 2016.

I don't really care about hear the Top Gear presenters voices' in FM. It would be better then that soulless lady that introduces your new car purchases now, but I just want the Test Track to remain. Please let us keep the Test Track!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
A new pack of 2 Porsches is now available for ALL Horizon 2 owners in the Forza Hub, but apparently only until July 24. Pack includes: 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS and the 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Free content is cool.

Link here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_two_free_porsches

• Locked thread