Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WienerDog posted:

drat, there's a Deluxe edition? I couldn't find any info about that prior to reading this thread. And now that I know it exists, I can't find it for sale anywhere. I need my VIP crown yo!
gently caress yeah! I gotta have my burger king hat.
Let me know if you find it. I'll cancel my Day One pre-order and order the Royale with cheeze instead.

Holy poo poo this game is beautiful. If you didn't tell me it was 30fps I would not have guessed. This poo poo is quite honestly exhilarating. I just wish my home theater was working so I could heat it properly (already turned the music off).

loving awesome.

Maybe it's just the honeymoon period, maybe I'll come back down; but right now I'm elated with it.

Minor gripe: Gear up/gear down is opposite of motorsport. I'll look at the options again later, but I didn't see the same layout I use in FM5.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Gonna do this.

Goddamn. Never thought I would give a poo poo for weather effects, but I just did the 1st circuit race in the rain, with the fogginess and the event lighting and checked out cockpit mode. I've never seen anything like it. I need the full game, like now.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 16, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

I need to drive a rear wheel drive car in the rain to truly judge it. With all the assists off the rain didn't seem to affect the grip level much if at all. Certainly is visually impressive though.

Agreed. The grip didn't seem to be affected much. Maybe it was the Evo, or the demo. We'll see. I definitely noticed the same thing you noticed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Gonna do the same.

Remember I complained about the shift up/down buttons being reversed? I have no loving clue what happened, but after I switched controllers it works the way it does in FM5. Don't know if it was user error or something else.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
OUCH

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ROOMBA floorvac posted:

Do we know if there are going to be any good mountain passes? The lack of Fujimi in Forza 5 has me really itching for a good mountain pass area to drift and play around on.
That race against the jet formation was mountain-y. Not Fujimi-level snakey but still very pretty with lots of tunnels and sharp-ish turns that are hard to see coming.

I'm so with you on Fujimi withdrawal.

I can't wait to get this game next week.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yes, they are definitely super annoying. Just like the last one, it starts you out in a "race" to the event, and I don't think you can access any assists or options until after the whole introduction "Hey, this is where you buy new whips! This is where you rev em up! This is where you add your style! Hey there are radio stations! Here are the races, go win some!" So the intro to the game is obnoxious for a host of reasons: non-skippable, annoying voice-acting, racing line/assists on, etc.

The good thing is that it's only the first ten minutes of the total game, then you are free to set things up the way you like. I really enjoyed being able to copy vinyls directly over from Motorsport, I hope that's still in.

Like Dolemite, I pretty much was done when I beat the top guy even though I hadn't maxed my level out or anything. Unlike Dolemite, since I couldn't get into the multiplayer I never felt compelled enough to launch it again after that. I even skipped the rally expansion because it apparently didn't add to the full game, it was separate.

I think we all agree the physics in the wet race was a not really noticeable, but it was at least truly gorgeous. At 1080/30 I found it incredibly compelling, visually. Seeing so many drivatars I knew driving around still adds that cool feeling I enjoyed in FM5. It made me more invested in winning when it's *kinda* like racing with my friends (even though it's really not).

To be 100% honest, the thing that's been keeping me from launching the demo after the first three times was the intro. The full game is less than a week away, so I guess I'll just wait. Probably.

As far as userbase feedback is concerned, I feel like Turn10 tried to add/adjust features of the game based on user input, e.g. the economy/rewards, free cars from every car pack (saved me a LOT of in-game $). Stuff like that, so maybe we'll see them addressing stuff like grip in the rain? I dunno, but I have hope.

The free car pack is nice. Free GNX, like that. Thanks to whoever posted that over in the other thread.

Hey, here's the link for anyone who hadn't seen it already:
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Launch-Bonus-Car-Pack/2ac948b6-8714-4fa9-8309-a0b46c348bcd

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 25, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Since Car Clubs are back in with FH2, what do you all want to do about creating a goon club?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Mine is ordered and installed. The license says it unlocks tonight at 12:01am EDT. I will be there, trying to launch it. The sooner you start, the sooner you can get past the unskippable intro B.S.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm just refreshing and trying to launch until the cloud or whatever lets me in and in the meantime enjoying this thread: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22589p3_Unavailable.aspx?=

quote:

It is absolutely killing me watch these horrible drivers muck up the beginning of the game on twitch. Turn 10 needs to let me play this game right meow.

Hehe. I'm sure it'll let me in soon. Really soon. Any minute now, really. Yep!

quote:

Still waiting on my side of things, talked to support on text and they said they were working on it and it might be up in the next half hour or so
:f5: :f5: :f5: :shepicide:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 30, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

So, should I start thr club thing, or what? It let me right in.
I think you should, if it will let you.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just pretend you're GutBomb and... no, wait, don't do that!

I don't know what the options are. Club tag GRC, name Goon Racing Club, Lifetime President By The Grace of Our Lord His Eminence Captain Howdy 0, something like that...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Jesus,this takes forever to get to the club bit.
Or is it Goon Racing Championship?

I DON'T KNOW!!

WienerDog you gotta upload dat logo.

I'M IN.
Only two hours and forty minutes late! Woohoo.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 30, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I started late (about 02:40) and HAD to get to bed by 6 (almost made it... not quite). So I'm at work now and pretty drat tired, but I have a minute to post while I'm waiting for a call-back:

I also failed to unlock the Club option. I can buy cars, I'm making decent money, the game is pretty challenging but not too frustrating (e.g. the GT40 Bucket List thing took me several tries, though I expected to nail it in one, but it was a blast to do. The car sounded and handled as expected).
It's pretty, it's very fast (even the menus, though laid out weird, are snappy: tuning goes by quickly); and overall it's cooler than the first one.
I also could not copy over vinyls from FM5. Maybe it's not working yet, or maybe it's not going to work; but I hope it's the former (or I just haven't figured it out, yet.) One plus about the design studio, it's MUCH faster than the one in FH1. No lag at all. Speaking of tuning, I used the same weight distribution method I've been using for a very long time, and it gave decent results (on the Z4 and the Ferrari).

I guess I'm still in the training wheels section, even though I played about two hours' worth (rather aimlessly, I admit). I got a tiny bit of multiplayer in, I liked it well enough. Over time I could see it definitely adding replay-value the original just didn't have.

Agreed with GutBomb on the "Why am I driving cross-country in a Ferrari?" feeling.

Atmus, GutBomb, if you have PMs I am sending you something.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
LLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! gets sued

Hey, I've been thinking about it. Could you please add me as "By The Grace Of God His Royal Majesty Captain Howdy 0 His Divine Radiance Of GRC In Perpetuity Praise Be Unto Him" please?
Thanks!

VVV Kinda lacks the grandeur I was going for, but that's fair I guess. VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 30, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Glad the club thing is sorted. I'll be home early tonight.

On the other hand a little research on the forums indicates there will be no importing FM5 designs/vinyls, period.

loving. Lame.

P.S. - XBox 360 owners rejoice! You can import from FH1!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
On top of that, many server-side things are being toggled to troubleshoot launch stuff. E.G. I have my VIP installed, but I'm not showing up as VIP.
At least I got my GRC tag a little while ago.

Me and Liquid Stuart's drivatar driving up the coast:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

(Don't look at the full-resolution image.)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Steering wheel glare is still a problem on some cars :(
You're talking about the Ferrari, aren't you? I saw the red leather on the windscreen and thought, "Hey! I'm Atmus!" Then I went back to bumper cam.

I'm home from work today. Look for me!

E: I turned off the music in the settings. It's funny seeing the game telling me what my favorite radio station is when I'm literally not listening to any of them.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I haven't done that, yet. But I'm about to get all Forza Horizon for the next 12 hours or so, I think. I still need to get past the first 90 minutes of gameplay (too many distractions, Bucket List challenges and XP boards, I am looking at you!)

E: Finally looked at all the clips FH2 has saved automatically while I was playing. They're all epic and fun as hell to watch and relive moments I have already forgotten. What a cool feature.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. Time to go car shopping.

Also, when the hell did I make $621,222 bux? O, probably after my VIP turned on last night!

WienerDog posted:

This game owns bones.
It does. It really loving does.

VVV Yep! $1.5M just plopped out. Holy Christ. I'm set. What to buy?? gently caress, look at all these free cars, too! Free Ferrari 330 P4, you say? The hell you say! OK! VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nice pic, subroc!

You know, the one gripe I'm starting to develop is the "generic Caucasian male driver." Helmets are better, it could be anyone under there.
FH2 is like (I think this works better): Forza Horizon 2: Attack of The Clones.

E: Absolutely thrilled to see the new GRC members coming aboard. Welcome to the club!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Maneki Neko posted:

XBoxBingARaptor, your drivatar is busting my balls :mad:

(often in an actual raptor)

This reply makes no sense because I am too dumb to read.

Regardless, Welcome to GRC!

P.S. - Tell me if my Drivatar, Captain Howdy 0, gets too smashy. I'll have a talk with him.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 1, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

My wife is going out of town for the weekend staying tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be online a lot.

Painting issues: I can't frund a way to fine tune colors. It makes using the special materials like metal flake not so special because you're stuck with the green metal flake
The first time I tried to paint a car with Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Tint" it didn't work. Later on, it was there. I can't explain it, I guess it's growing pains. I now have a Polished Aluminum Orange Lancer that looks p. cool (although I miss my vinyls). I made a GRC placard and that's about it so far. O, and a US Flag.

gently caress, I want to share some new pictures but no joy on the servers.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Sorry read that as Atmus' "Polished Aluminum Taint".

I hope to join you guys tomorrow once I'm finally home.
After you said that, I almost did, too. His voice is too deep for a polished taint, though. I'm scared of the very concept of Atmus having a taint and what it must be like. Have you seen Peter Jackson's King Kong? I imagine it's like Skull Island.

Dude I'm really glad you're well enough to be almost at home, resting, and having fun. It's great news.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 2, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

This looks like one of those fake bullshots developers trot out pre release to promote a game that doesn't look nearly as good when you finally play it. Except this game actually does look that good. I can't play for a few weeks still but its good to hear these positive impressions.

What impact (if any) does being in a club have? Or is it just a tag next to your game like destiny?

I think it's mostly a tag, but it probably assists in matchmaking multiplayer. FM had deep stat mining, and it included club affiliation.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

My taint is all steel.

0000 Steel Wool. Could be worse.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Club created. GRC is the tag, the name is Goon Racing Club.
GB will add you, as long as you're on his friends list.

E: F, B.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

I put the GRC wordmark and logos up in the storefront. search vinyls for "grc" if you want them.
Awesome, thanks GB.

pvax posted:

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!??
My understanding is that the events are not all unique. Many of the courses are reused many times if you decide to go for 100% completion.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

And I'm in back? I'm firing my drivatar
No need to fire anyone! He was just sight-seeing on the sea-side pass. No racing was involved. Really, he gestured for a race and I told him, "No thanks, bro! I got places to be! Maybe later!" He flipped me off but I'm sure I caught a trace of sardonic smirk as he did so. I'm sure he was just thinking, "Next time, Howdy. Next time, you arrogant Ferrari-driving pooftah."

When I get one more skill perk I'm getting the Lottery perk. I think it's going to be a good skill investment.

Also, last time I checked I was due $1.5M FH2 bux but I still haven't gotten them. That said, I have a nice starter garage and some truly beastly cars like the Ferrari 330 P4, and I have about $1.2M in the bank. I wonder if there's anything else I'm owed that I'm missing?

This is another goon behind me but I already forgot who it is (also not racing):

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Morning Moon. Check out full resolution.

Peace and Love, man. Peace and love.
I'm warning you with Peace and Love! peace-and-love-peace-and-love

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The Local Legend posted:

I would like an invite too please. My gamertag is: NightTXLegend
Add GutBomb303 as a friend, and join the club.

P.S. - Please note our friend AZ Flyboy is (last time I checked) just running away with the GRC ladder rank. He's setting the bar pretty high.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have gotten stuck on world geometry once. I mean, as in actually stuck to the point I couldn't move away.
I paid 7,800 credits to fast travel to a hub and I had plenty of money so it wasn't a big deal, but it definitely happens.

BTW, whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade a VW Beetle to S1 900. Trust me, it's horrible and awful and undriveable and totally not worth it! Even if you do, DO NOT swap drivetrain to AWD! You have been warned! Trust me, you'll hate it.

GutBomb posted:

You don't have to just be friends with me anymore either. you can also friend whatcubed3 or captain howdy 0

Atmus posted:

Ahem.

You can friend "MacClay" also.
Priceless.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

UnionCarbide posted:

Seems legit.

Totally, but be advised I think you can be reported for TOS violation with your pedo-van, it might get you banned or at least have that van disallowed. I seem to remember other people running into this very problem before. They can tell you about it. Or google it.

Fair warning.

VVV Not a pedo-van example, but first-hand example nonetheless. VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Out of the blue the game gifted me seven cars and all my money. I was not paying attention and I think I actually hit X and DELETED at least one, if not two, of my free cars.
If they're for sale (I think it was the BMW M1) I can afford to buy one.

Be careful when mashing buttons, people!

I'm Captain Howdy 0 and I approve this message. This message was paid for by the Impeach Obama and kill all Ebola Muslims PAC

Has anyone else noticed that tuned AWD cars are pretty much invincible in single-player?

Holy poo poo I have $3M... what to buy?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dolemite posted:

then beat up on pubbies. Then, kick back and enjoy the 13-year olds' cursing and the "RACING GAMES R SERIOUS BIDNESSS!!!!11" rage quitting.
dolemite, I'm just not a griefer. Yes, I know many pubbies deserve it. That's why I race with friends and not with pubbies. That's what GTCC and GRC were all about for me... not having to deal with griefers.

Bring a huge Transit or a Vandura to any pubbie race, it's cool with me. If I'm there I'll just find somewhere else to race.

On the other hand, bring a grief-mobile to one of my lobbies when it's not a specific huge box race; and we're going to butt heads.

I mean no offense, but you've been crowing about your van-griefing prowess for several days now and it's just not my thing.

That said, I still agree pubbies often deserve it. Sometimes, though, you find a good lobby and you should be a good guy to share the track, and win on skill. That's when you leave the huge fast vans at home.

I apologize for coming off all preachy, "it's just a game" and all of that. Please don't be offended. Like every other gamer, I have opinions.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Driving a van in a race isn't griefing. Ramming people with it is, but legit driving it? Perfectly acceptable.
:goonsay:

Says the guy who brings the Bigfoot Raptor to races where it's not appropriate, causing everyone else to bulk up!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cygni posted:

Internet racing in the casual internet racing game is not casual do not take it casually or you will hear from me, pasta_dad_12
Really?

pasta_dad_777

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 4, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Guess who's back, bitches.

I will build the anti-BigPOOT.

I have a message for you, and you're not going to like it.
Pray for death.

Posted by pasta_dad_777.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 4, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dolemite posted:

I too mean no offense when I say: LMAO at this. Maybe you didn't intend for it to sound this way, but the LMAO is because I'm perceiving this as tough bro talk.
I've only posted about this two or three times max. It's because it's fun to race in a van and win.
On the one hand, posting about it two or three times might (in some peoples' opinions) be two or three times too many; but on the other hand I have to come clean and share a secret shame:

SAPopeOnARope touched me. Often. With his Transit. He brought it to races where it didn't belong (like Positano) and blocked everybody and the only reason he did it, in goon races, mind, was to piss me off. Well, it worked.

I guess it's a sore spot for me.

Not only that, but I am having to build vehicles that can withstand Bigpoot because my own club leader loves to ram me with it!

We're good, sorry I let my molestation at the hands of goons trigger me!

Welcome to GRC, see you on the roads.

P.S. - Welcome to the club, Valo.

E: THESE ARE THE BEST DRIVING ROADS IN THE WORLD! DON'T WASTE THE OPPORTUNITY! *whole field drives through vineyard*

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yes, baby. We're home.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread