Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
GutBomb!

When the main guy said that 'The guy in the Focus is coming after you', did that feel right? Like you deserved it?

Also, were you mad when you saw that you get a bonus for clean driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

Your drivatar was driving the opposite direction that I was and crossed into my lane for no reason other than to hit me head on.

It Knows.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I finally got mine ordered. It was way too hard to convince Microsoft that I wasn't Canadian than it should have been.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Playing it now.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
So, should I start thr club thing, or what? It let me right in.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Yes, Ultimate, Yes.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

I think you should, if it will let you.

Okay, GRC, or what?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Jesus,this takes forever to get to the club bit.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Okay, I give up. I don't know what series of hoops you have to jump through to start a club, but I ain't pulling it off tonight. Good luck, whoever.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
This is basically how I feel when tearing up the countryside in a bitchin' Camaro:

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I should have my copy waiting for me on my doorstep when I get home from work today. So theres a bone racing club, right?

There will be soon (if not already), I stayed up way too goddamn late trying to unlock the club thing and gave up after like 3 hours.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Why the gently caress do they do this? Don't they know that Clubs is a big feature pretty much everyone wanted back? Why do they make you grind through the beginning of the game to access a key feature? What if I don't want to start on the story right away and just want to hoon around with my friends? loving come on!

Yeah, it's kind of a dick move. Some guy answered me on the Forza forums, so it looks like I only had about a half hour's worth of stuff to get through before opening up clubs. If no one beats me to it, I'll start GRC up in like 9 hours :(

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

Agreed with GutBomb on the "Why am I driving cross-country in a Ferrari?" feeling.

Because I didn't pay for it. That's why.

Also I got your PM, and I saw the thread detailing it. If no one beats me to it, I should have the club up and running by 5pm Colorado time.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Oh you think so, huh? Well maybe I will get it done by 3pm! What do you think about that, tough guy? :mad:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

LLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! gets sued

Hey, I've been thinking about it. Could you please add me as "Picture Wizard" please?
Thanks!

Sure, if it fits. If not, I'm betting "PhotoBitch" will!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I was this close... :(

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I bet if I had actually smoked 1 more cigarette during that time you would have got it first.

I probably would have got it last night had I not spent a non-trivial amount of time looking online to find out how to unlock them in the first place. Oh well. The server is being a horrible dick about actually finding the club now, too.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Steering wheel glare is still a problem on some cars :(

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm pretty sure radio stations are progressional unlocks, not level based ones.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

You're talking about the Ferrari, aren't you? I saw the red leather on the windscreen and thought, "Hey! I'm Atmus!" Then I went back to bumper cam.

I'm home from work today. Look for me!

It was more noticeable on the thing you race the train in, and some other bucket car.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
My taint is all steel.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I got some fancy AMG car that was pretty expensive, and a bunch of 'lesser' cars. I kind of want to know what the wheel spin perk does in regards to the cars, if anything.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

A c E posted:

That is true and my last spin last night was for the max which I think was $100,000, and with the VIP it was doubled so I can't really complain. Just sucks when you finally get a spin and win basically nothing.

I wish the buying cars menu would go quicker. Loading skins, saving the car, etc takes way longer than I expected. I was trying to buy all the DLC cars quickly but gave up since it was taking way longer than expected.

This bugs me about Forza 5, too. I wish there was a "Buy all the cars I don't have until I run out of money, paint them all white." Option.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

I honestly don't know why they don't list the manufacturers, and then you click on the manufacturers to view the cars, like FM4. Only thing I can think of is so that you're forced to look at all the DLC cars you don't have so you get so mad about not having access to them that you begrudgingly give them all of your moneys for DLC. Yeah, that worked on me in FM5 so maybe that's the angle.

Which is weird, because I don't think a VIP pass person has had to actually buy DLC for 5 yet, and I think most people do have VIP right now.

Edit: Wait, no, that was stupid. I meant Car pass, nevermind.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I was trying to beat some guy to getting the 'discovered all roads' achievement, but the power kept going out on me :mad:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

You don't have to just be friends with me anymore either. you can also friend whatcubed3 or captain howdy 0

Ahem.

You can friend "MacClay" also.

Atmus fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 3, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

:goonsay:

Says the guy who brings the Bigfoot Raptor to races where it's not appropriate, causing everyone else to bulk up, but still getting shoved around by Atmus's totally radical Turtle Van!

Fixed.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

OH NO MAN posted:

crosscountryraces.jpg:

Seriously, gently caress these events. I always have to set the difficulty to average to stand any chance of winning, because the drivatars don't seem to care about minor issues like "I can't see poo poo oh hey I hit a tree again" and "oh god there is no grip" and just fly past me on higher difficulties. :saddowns: Another thing the drivatars seem to be confused about are the road trips, as they seem to think the idea is to re-enact Death Race 2000 with expensive supercars.

Terrible cross-country races and annoying drivatars aside, this game is pretty great and I'm having a blast.

Also, they don't have to bother with the waypoints.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Yes, really.

pasta_dad_187

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

ApathyGifted posted:

Missing 2 speed zones. I've seen maps that put one of them just below the Italia written on the map, but there's nothing there - no cameras on the side of the road to trigger. The other I have no idea, because the only map I can find isn't even complete.

I've driven 315/315 roads too, so I'm at a loss when it comes to just searching.

It seems to not count the cameras you go through on road trips or something, so try checking the leaderboards of all the cameras to see if you are actually on them or not.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I wish Barn Finds and repair times/bills worked like this IRL.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
BTW, you can get telemetry by holding down on the control pad.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I don't normally care about radio stations in Forza games, but it was weird having a bunch of real bands and songs in this, but not being able to recognize any of them. Horizon 1 spoiled me for that.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm still using a Forza 3 sheet. It seem to do an alright job except for the braking set up, which it always puts about 5% too forward.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Also for brake pressure I crank it up to like 140% but I know most of you guys I've talked to like it closer to 100 so this should be good.

You've mentioned this before, I think. Do you use pedals or something? I usually have the brake pressure down to around 90 or so as to just barely lock the brakes on a panic stop with warm tires. Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Okay cool. It sounds like I would do the opposite and lock the brakes up every time I need to bleed off a few M's PH.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Has anyone raced my driveatar (MacClay) in rivals? I'm curious as to if the fake me is drifting around corners and smashing through cafes, or if it's just some generic progress meter to race against.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

How about you? How's my drivatar? When you pull up behind me, does it say, "Lag Driver?"

I think I saw you as a rival once, and you took a shortcut through some bushes or a cafe or something. That's what got me wondering about what my ghost does during rivals, because I didn't get Horizon to stay on the road.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

What about when you're driving around and you see me on the road. If you pull up behind me, what does it say?
"poo poo Driver?"
I have no idea how my drivatar handles rubbing or shortcuts or anything like that. If I hit someone I rewind in hopes it won't mar my drivatar's behavior.

I'm pretty sure it assigns you random difficulty/intelligence in free mode. I was mainly just curious as to if the ghosts in rivals mode is an exact recording of the best lap you've done, or if it's just a fancy version of a progress bar.

A couple other questions about Drivatars while we're on the subject.

- Do people who have Forza 5 have their Drivatars imported automatically, even if they don't have the game? I've seen a few people I recognize who are Level 1 constantly, like I see Endbuster, and I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have Horizon 2.

- You know when you're driving around and Anna's like "Hey, one of Horizon's best drivers is in the area, I've marked him on the map." Does the game pick these at random? I've raced a couple that were tough, but the last couple I've raced have been like level 5 or 9, and pretty slow.

I believe it takes all of your friends with Forza 5 and makes up some bullshit driveatar for them if they don't have Horizon 2. Who gets to be the big bounty guy is random.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

subroc posted:

Haven't raced you in rivals, but I pulled up behind you and you were classed as an Average Drivatar. But then again, I was in a Venom GT and you were in a Renault Clio, so that might have something to do with it? What I'm curious about is the car you were in. Do you have this car and paint scheme, or did it put you in a random one?

I have the car, but it's whatever the factory color is since most of the shared liveries are garbage. I've also never driven the car and only bought it because I have to have ALL the cars!

Anyone want to do some road trips or whatever around 6pm Colorado time tonight? I want to get that bullshit fake achievement for doing ten of them by the end of the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I wouldn't mind. I need some online bucket lists too.

Yay! Although I think the bucket lists are all 2 player only, right?

WienerDog posted:

Send me an invite when you get up and running. GT: Molgandhi

Done.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm your huckleberry. Can you PM me? I'd like to talk offline about racing.

Done.

• Locked thread