Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I would love to play the game but my preload download simply says unavailable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Atmus posted:

So, should I start thr club thing, or what? It let me right in.
Did you preorder digitally? If so what version and do you have your console set to be always on?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

Xbox Support posted:

9/29/2014 11:58:39 PM CST:

Hi Xbox members. Is your preorder for Forza Horizon 2 not unlocking? We’re working to get this fixed and get you on the track ASAP! We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Please check back in 30 minutes for an update on this issue.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

GutBomb posted:

Edit: I was wrong, found a place to send out invites. If I forgot anyone though, search for the club and request.
Haven't gotten to that point yet but if you could send an invite to muheras that'd be great

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Pudgygiant posted:

Oh my god the bowler bucket list challenge is amazing. Perfect radio preset.

It's also IMPOSSIBLE
I was listening to the classic station when I beat it what did you hear?

Also it really was an awesome challenge, I would've beaten it on my 2nd try I think had I not gotten just a bit too much air and flipped the damned thing.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

I'm totally loving it so far, but I really do wish the servers were more stable because it was fun getting a road all explored and seeing the club competition updates as I got more and more.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Also if you thought the Bowler challenge was hard wait'll you guys try the Lancia one that has you going through a forest at night. Holy hell was that a challenge.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Pudgygiant posted:

VW bus can't be made competitive for online A or S1, I'm sad to report.

E
Beat the lancia one, I still haven't beaten the bowler and I'm not entirely convinced this drat veneno can even hit 175
Veneno can hit 175, I'm pretty sure I beat that one with it at 177 or something, just make sure to go slightly to the right on the roundabout so you don't get launched into the air and you should be able to make it.

The bowler one is what got me back to using the hood view because I felt like I could more easily see tree trunks to properly pick a spot between them, but the way I beat it was to go to the right somewhat in the first small opening of tree's. You want to get some speed but don't stay on the gas 100% in the beginning area because you need to focus on not smashing into the tree's. Once you're through the first highly wooded area then you can get on the gas fully. I stayed to the right somewhat after crossing the 1st road and you want to try to go under the overpass from a pretty shallow angle so you don't scrub speed getting back on the road. I actually then followed the road to the end point but I guess you could maybe try to go through the mini forest that's there, I didn't think it was necessary to do that though.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Oh man tough decision time, need to choose between 'Fast Travel Anywhere' perk and 'It's a Lottery', the latter will give me a better prize on the wheelspin. I think however that I'm going to choose the fast travel one because then it'll hopefully make getting to some far off billboards much easier.

Anyone else have an opinion?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Double post for a reason. Was in game and just saw that I was gifted my rewards money as well as a bunch of cars so if you were waiting on those things you should be able to get them now.

Also I ended up going with the fast travel perk instead of the lottery.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Dolemite posted:

Fast travel anywhere as a perk?! I want that perk sooo badly. I hope it's not expensive in terms of skill points to unlock that. The bucket list challenges have not been fun so far, so I want to do them later. But I don't want to have to drive from town to town.
Yeah basically anywhere you can put your reticule on the map screen you can then fast travel to for a cost. Of course that cost goes down as you find more fast travel discount billboards so in the end it's really fuckin useful. Now every time I have something I haven't done that I want to instead of say a race, I just fast travel there.

Dolemite posted:

Got some more playing time in last night in Nice and one of the things I was directed to do was go to a car meet. So, um, can anyone tell me the point of these things? I couldn't do anything with my car, couldn't move around to explore. All I could do is sit there, next to other racers. I assume they're other online players that I can talk to? I wasn't in a social mood (LOL Goons), so I just left the car meet not long after I got there to satisfy that annoying British dude that tells me the obvious before every race.
They seem to be a way to find other people's awesome cars and you can do a couple things, buy the car, buy the livery and also buy their tune (if they have one). I believe you can also challenge other people to a race since there's an achievement for doing all of the above.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

P.S. - Please note our friend AZ Flyboy is (last time I checked) just running away with the GRC ladder rank. He's setting the bar pretty high.
I'm trying to catch hiim! I was close for a little while but he's pulling away again.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

PT6A posted:

Why yes, I think my 1945 Willys Jeep does need a brand new V8 in it!

Holy gently caress does it understeer at speed.
Yes it does, I hope you also went to the aero section and put on the awesome Forza front splitter, because it makes it 100% more awesome.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

this was very lame to discover yesterday
Tbh it's kind of lame that the co-op bucket list is exactly the same events as the SP ones.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Dolemite posted:

I also opted for the fast travel anywhere perk. Although, I'm bummed that the perk literally just lets you fast travel anywhere, but not for free. :(
Yes but if you find all of the bonus boards you can then travel for free anywhere.

I've basically gotten to the point now where I think it'll only be a short time until I have every perk unlocked because now with about 5 minutes of normal driving I can get enough points to unlock another perk point.

If you want to get some seriously high points go to the industrial area that has the GTR bucket list challenge and simply go back and forth getting air everywhere and you can quickly get to the 100k+ pointstreaks and get perk points like candy.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Dolemite posted:

Genius idea about going to that loading dock with the GTR challenge! I remember the challenge was easy to beat if you could find a path that consists of several jumps in a row. Follow the path, get air over 6-7 ramps, then at the end of the run, tug the e-brake and do it again.
Yep that's it, I could regularly get up to 20k+ with 5, now 6x multiplier and it simply became a case of me getting bored doing the same thing over and over again that actually made me stop and bank the points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Most of the skill point perks just make it easier to get even more skill points; none of them really seem worth having other than fast travel anywhere--and as it's been mentioned, you still have to pay. I guess showing an icon over stuff you need for Horizon Promo might be useful (assuming you care about Horizon promo, which I don't see much of a reason to). It'd be nice if there was one for showing billboards on the minimap
I've started to use this video to find the missing bonus boards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunCrFAUhgc

• Locked thread