Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Athanatos posted:

Been working pretty well forming the community for the past 10 years or so

V:shobon:V

No one is going to convince the other side they are right or wrong. We are just spinning our tires with the same poo poo.

Fair enough. I think all the other threads are what form the community in TFF. I mean, imagine if every thread in TFF were like GDTs, or if the only threads TFF had were GDTs. I don't think any real community would form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I watched football and ignored all GDTs, and found that I enjoyed it much more that way. Problem solved for me.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

African AIDS cum posted:

Its too many posts, too much noise, impossible to follow. No need to cram it all into one thread. Its archaic.

this guy hating the mega-GDT and not wanting to post in it is the strongest argument towards keeping it

monster thread forever

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Probably Magic posted:

Except, in practice, the Red Zone thread died because nobody wants to post without the people in the Fox and CBS threads.

It seems like it died like one week and people liked it the other weeks? I didn't use it one week because the Eagles were playing and I only care about them when they are on. In the split thread the noise was low enough that I could filter stuff out and follow the Eagles conversation. In the megathreads my experience is it isn't worth bothering and I should just go somewhere else. From week to week the red zone thread will get more or less attention depending on which games people are wanting to focus on or not. If it gets less one week? Who cares, that means less people actually want to follow every game so why make them by smushing them into a big thread that makes things useless for them? Split threads is the best compromise solution.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Seriously Kalli this thread is going in circles just restart the thread with the poll having no "I have no preference" option and make people choose one or the other. Those drat wishy washy posters are ruining it for everyone.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't think a new poll will do much, I mean even if one or the other wins by a few votes it's still obvious there is split opinion

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
maybe make it a straight one vs two poll. the redzone thread was tacked on at the very last second anyway and seems to be a sticking point.

tho in fairness the "dead" redzone thread still had 15 pages which is more then the cfl thread gets all season.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

football fuckerman posted:

I don't think a new poll will do much, I mean even if one or the other wins by a few votes it's still obvious there is split opinion

Maybe. But considering this thread is going in circles down the drain I don't see the harm in trying it out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Honestly, I don't think there's a need for another poll. I hoped there'd be a clear winner and that would be that, but we'll just go week by week for now. Looks like we'll do split threads this week with 9 games, then we're down to like 7 games for the next few weeks, so we'll do a unified for those and then byes will taper off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

Honestly, I don't think there's a need for another poll. I hoped there'd be a clear winner and that would be that, but we'll just go week by week for now. Looks like we'll do split threads this week with 9 games, then we're down to like 7 games for the next few weeks, so we'll do a unified for those and then byes will taper off.

Can't we just admit that split threads are an abomination before God and be done with it?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
or maybe we could bloo bloo bloo my personal opinion

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

A good plan. My suggestion is we close this thread to stem the bitching, but I respect the decision on that either way.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I still like Puppy Bowl's idea of putting the decision on a game between two lovely football teams.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I just voted for the first time, only to find that I had simply tied it up again.

Yeah, I don't think any poll would solve this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Sour Diesel posted:

I still like Puppy Bowl's idea of putting the decision on a game between two lovely football teams.

that sounds like the best idea, honestly

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

that sounds like the best idea, honestly

Titans vs. Redskins is starting to look like an interesting game this Sunday...just saying!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
For the record I want two threads but I'm more than willing to abide by the Football Gods decree.

Titans=2 threads, Redskins=1?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For the record I want two threads but I'm more than willing to abide by the Football Gods decree.

gently caress no, I don't want to have to root for the Redacteds.

If titans win we get a megathread.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

effectual posted:

gently caress no, I don't want to have to root for the Redacteds.

If titans win we get a megathread.

As I've been saying for all these years, Go Titans.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Sooo is anyone else up for putting our big dumb disagreement on the shoulders of two lovely teams?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

You can still do this in a megathread. The primary effect of split threads is not that it makes having localized conversations a little easier. The primary effect is that TFF becomes a cluster of 4 person conversations, and the lack of a sense of community discourages participation.

This is why the split thread experiment hasn't worked. Maybe it would've 5 years ago when there were a lot more people around but it's really depressing following a GDT for a bunch of games and the same 20-30 people are posting. It's even worse in the Red Zone thread.

One thread unless there's some huge game that needs quarantined.

Athanatos posted:

Been working pretty well forming the community for the past 10 years or so

V:shobon:V

No one is going to convince the other side they are right or wrong. We are just spinning our tires with the same poo poo.

I was convinced to move from "yay split threads" to "boo split threads"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What if they tie? :getin:

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 17, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

axeil posted:

This is why the split thread experiment hasn't worked. Maybe it would've 5 years ago when there were a lot more people around but it's really depressing following a GDT for a bunch of games and the same 20-30 people are posting. It's even worse in the Red Zone thread.

One thread unless there's some huge game that needs quarantined.

I was convinced to move from "yay split threads" to "boo split threads"

What if they tie? :getin:

Only the redzone thread remains.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

Sooo is anyone else up for putting our big dumb disagreement on the shoulders of two lovely teams?

No. This is stupid. We are keeping the split threads. We have enough people that want to enjoy their own threads that we can just keep doing it whether they like it or not.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

No. This is stupid. We are keeping the split threads. We have enough people that want to enjoy their own threads that we can just keep doing it whether they like it or not.

"We are keeping the split threads" says someone who has as much ability as I do to make the decision to keep the Far Superior One Big Thread.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chichevache posted:

No. This is stupid.

That's the whole point!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

"We are keeping the split threads" says someone who has as much ability as I do to make the decision to keep the Far Superior One Big Thread.

You're wrong. I can create my thread and post in it, you can't make one thread and force everyone else to post in it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

axeil posted:

This is why the split thread experiment hasn't worked. Maybe it would've 5 years ago when there were a lot more people around
You think there were more people a few years ago? I think the opposite is the case

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chichevache posted:

You're wrong. I can create my thread and post in it, you can't make one thread and force everyone else to post in it.

Mods were sorta endorsing the split and the megathreads dude. That's why last week was a megathread.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Sour Diesel posted:

A Good Idea

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Why did this become a thing this year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

Why did this become a thing this year?

Because of Daltos somehow. For real I think.

I still haven't been able to make myself care too much, splitting the college GDT would have been terrible but the NFL ones I could give or take.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
More or less. Daltos rallied some posters to complain about MV in QCS, which opened the floodgates to other people bitching about how awful TFF is and then the topic GDT popped up. It was about as boring and uninteresting as it sounds.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Have some TFF contest to decide on a weekly basis to decide between the two options. Maybe whoever is the weekly 1kob winner.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

shot drinking contest, each side elects a champion to represent them and the last man standing decides the fate of the GDTs

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

shot drinking contest, each side elects a champion to represent them and the last man standing decides the fate of the GDTs

Agreed this is the right idea

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Weekly mod challenges and farthouse contests.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

A better idea than making a side root for Dan Snyder's Team

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

wheez the roux posted:

both sides, elect me. ftw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wheez the roux posted:

im friends with Kyle Orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

im friends with Kyle Orton

i will destroy him. i will take no joy in it, but it will be done

• Locked thread