Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JCW
Oct 22, 2008
hi all, i shared one of my last albums on here a few years ago and at least a few people liked it!! so here's another one, give it a listen & let me know what you think!!

https://thejcw.bandcamp.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009
Hi! Just wanted to reply to say that I really dug King James Edition and have been getting into this as well.

What setup do you use to produce your tracks? MPC? Maschine? I'd be interested to hear more about the production, but even if I don't - thanks for the beats.

JCW
Oct 22, 2008
heyo sorry for the late response, thank you so much for listening!! it's all just on the computer using reason & garage band. gband for chopping samples, reason for everything else. if you have questions about anything in particular let me know!!

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009
Wow. Wasn't expecting that you'd used Garageband. I've tried editing samples and stuff using it and found it too pernickity. Do you run them simultaneously via rewire or is GB literally just for trimming stuff down?

e: BONUS QUESTION!
Where's that speech from at the end of 'Friends'? It's spine-tingling.

HorseHeadBed fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 13, 2014

JCW
Oct 22, 2008
no rewire just using gb for trimming. export the aif/wav files & then run them through nn19's and do some piano rolling/effects. the speech is actually charlie chaplin from the great dictator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4 that whole song is so silly to me it's so dramatic but i love it

• Locked thread