Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I just built a new machine, it boots up the first several times without a hitch (aside from me buying dell ultrasharp 23.6" monitors that only have faulty DPs, gently caress)

I installed all the cd drivers for Mobo/etc, then went to go download the newest Catalyst Control Center drivers from their site. After installing, I reboot. Now I'm stuck because the PC won't post and I'm getting error code 62 (PCH installation) and my VGA Error light is on on my mobo. I tried moving the video card to multiple different slots, cmos cleared, basically unplugged and replugged everything, still no boot. I removed the card and the PC booted all the way until I received the error of "no display" because my Mobo doesn't have onboard video. Is there any way to fix this, or am I stuck with a BIOS Flash? Also, gently caress Dell and this awful U2414H monitor... great quality, but no DVI and only DP/HDMI connectors?

CPU: i7 5820k
Mobo: Asus x99-deluxe
RAM: Crucial 2133 32gb
SSD: 840 EVO
VGA: Asus r9-290X OC version

Again, I was able to boot and fully install Windows, and after updating the latest graphics drivers, I can't even get it to post. Please help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
After doing it again, the code is actually "b2" not "62"- b2 means "Legacy Option ROM Initialization" and it just hangs up on that.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Did you turn off legacy OPROM/BIOS compatibility in the UEFI setup at all? I know people do that to get faster boot speeds when they don't have an add-in disk controller they want to boot from.

Problem is, some video cards don't have a UEFI BIOS by default, just a legacy one.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I ended up just returning the ASUS card and picking up another one. Plugged it in and it booted up right away. The issue was that somehow the Video Card BIOS was messed up by the new driver installation.

Now the computer is working (thankfully).

• Locked thread