Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

This is the megathread for people still learning to read. I'm still practicing how to read and write and i thought it'd be cool if we had a megathread for stuff like that. I haven't quite mastered the alphabet yet but i'm getting there!

Just relax and discuss the funniest picture books you've read lately and what snacks you eat at lunchtime. I'd love to stay and chat but my mom is taking me to kindergarten. See you guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

I'm starting to feel confident in my reading skills so i'm going to start with some really basic kids books tomorrow. Stuff like The Dresden Files or Game of Thrones. Wish me luck guys!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've been working through the very hungry caterpillar but I think I'm already too advanced for it. I saw the ending a mile off and the "gimmick" wore thin after two pages. Credit where credit is due, though - the pictures were colourful enough to engage my mind and the pages were thick enough for me to bite and chew.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Me too. I just came over from uhhhhhhh Borneo, where I hunted boar, and peeled bananas with my feet. I cant get citizenship here if I dont learn to read and write (and the civilised among you will also be please to hear that I'm also learning how to use a knife and fork and use the self checkout at walmart :P). Anyway, Ive recently been reading George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire

A FUCKIN BONG BOMB
Apr 6, 2006
I wish you well in your journey to read op. I myself have already mastered reading at what I would assume is at least a 6th grade level. I remember what words have i before e and which ones have the opposite. When I read words like "gently caress" or "piss" in a book I barely even laugh at all anymore.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Finished The Little Engine That Could today. I gotta say what a complete pile of puerile postmodern bullshit, even in the illustrations. But after reading it, I got the urge to reread some parts of the classic A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin, who I made a thread about here a few years ago. It's still a classic, and it is helping me to read.

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

I tried reading some Clifford The Big Red Dog books, but they basically just followed the plot of the TV show so I knew exactly what was going to happen. I'd love some suggestions for novice books about dogs that are a little more inventive, thank you.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey assholes, post more pictures. Some of us are still learning how to read. Anyways, this book is good and I read it every night. red is my favourite colour, so it really speaks to me as a person:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rob Filter
Jan 19, 2009
Reading is fun. Yes read! Recently, I've been on a science fiction reading binge, first mass effect 1, now mass effect 2. What book should I play next? It's an obvious choice, but I'm thinking stars war.

• Locked thread