Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
fresh from gbs, it's a crew thread.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
is this one of those map games I keep hearing about?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I like how they made the rockies like 80 times bigger than they're supposed to be to avoid having all that empty space in the middle of the country.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the cartography crew?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

How long does it take to drive from one side to the other, if it isn't 100% accurate and authentic I'll be mad

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SeXReX posted:

I like how they made the rockies like 80 times bigger than they're supposed to be to avoid having all that empty space in the middle of the country.

I'm v sad I won't get to see Nebraska in all its splendor

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

will I be able to stop at a rest stop for a pee and some expensive snacks

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

hey guys i was in both of the betas

this game is poo poo dont buy it ever

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Looke posted:

will I be able to stop at a rest stop for a pee and some expensive snacks

You have to stop at a rest stop and take an IRL pee

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Looke posted:

How long does it take to drive from one side to the other, if it isn't 100% accurate and authentic I'll be mad

it takes like 10 earth minutes lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Great Joe posted:

if you're serious please tell us more. I like driving fast and driving far but I also like having money

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looke posted:

supposedly 90 minutes

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Great Joe posted:

I was also in the beta and it's pretty poo poo

Ubisoft calls the game a "CaRPG", and as it turns out the gameplay element lifted from RPGs is tons of grinding

you have to be a certain level before you're allowed to drive to certain landmarks and locations and every single car is really overpriced, to the point of having to do like 20 races before you can buy the shittiest cars in the game

But it's OK because you can just buy cars and experience points with real world money

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress that, if you want a CaRPG, you play Road Trip where you win races to become car president of the world.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I just drive around gta 5 with my friend Franklin

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
carpg more like crapg lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

carpg more like crapg lol

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yawn just another bAAAd gamerino

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Seshoho Cian posted:

I was also in the beta and it's pretty poo poo

Ubisoft calls the game a "CaRPG", and as it turns out the gameplay element lifted from RPGs is tons of grinding

you have to be a certain level before you're allowed to drive to certain landmarks and locations and every single car is really overpriced, to the point of having to do like 20 races before you can buy the shittiest cars in the game

But it's OK because you can just buy cars and experience points with real world money

Don't forget that every single car drives like poo poo ~until you upgrade~.

Every upgrade can be bought with real world money.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I was hoping this thread would turn out to be all pro the crew, since everybody everywhere hates it :( where is my good new racing game?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

its been released maybe you heard of it mario kart 8?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mr. Pumroy posted:

yawn just another bAAAd gamerino

please do not add "arino" to words, this triggers me

tia

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

its been released maybe you heard of it mario kart 8?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Also Wipeout HD

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Post some webms

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Please play Burnout Paradise, everyone.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

surc posted:

I was hoping this thread would turn out to be all pro the crew, since everybody everywhere hates it :( where is my good new racing game?

net cafe scandal posted:

Post some webms
Sorry, I only got a gif

It's called Distance and it's about to hit Early Access. I got in on the alpha, it's in beta now and when it hits Early Access it's gonna be pretty close to complete so check it out.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Great Joe posted:

Early Access

:whitewater:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Only because people were literally begging for a way to get into the beta. Like I said, it's pretty close to complete, they just need to finish the Adventure mode (which at this point only needs three more levels at most), squash some bugs with the controller bindings and get the rendering optimized.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Okay, if you can't wait, there's Nitronic Rush. It's pretty similar, but without a lot of the features Distance has. Also it's free. Give it a go.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

did canada bomb eastern michigan at some point? wheres the rest of the loving state???? and toronto?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Also Seattle appears to be nestled next to a mountain lake, San Francisco is closer to Seattle than LA, Miami has begun building an island off shore or got hit with a Canadian bomb as well. Oregon is non-existent, Washington just kinda squished it to get closer to LA. The Mississippi is a huge scar running through the country and Southeastern Texas appears to be developing massive cracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Santa Fe: The exact middle of the country.

• Locked thread