Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
On one occasion, as Master Foo was traveling to a conference with a few of his senior disciples, he was accosted by a hardware designer.

The hardware designer said: “It is rumored that you are a great programmer. How many lines of code do you write per year?”

Master Foo replied with a question: “How many square inches of silicon do you lay out per year?”

“Why…we hardware designers never measure our work in that way,” the man said.

“And why not?” Master Foo inquired.

“If we did so,” the hardware designer replied, “we would be tempted to design chips so large that they cannot be fabricated – and, if they were fabricated, their overwhelming complexity would make it be impossible to generate proper test vectors for them.”

Master Foo smiled, and bowed to the hardware designer.

In that moment, the hardware designer achieved enlightenment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

On one occasion, as Master Foo was traveling to a conference with a few of his senior disciples, he was accosted by a hardware designer.

The hardware designer said: “It is rumored that you are a great programmer. How many lines of code do you write per year?”

Master Foo replied with a question: “How many square inches of silicon do you lay out per year?”

“Why…we hardware designers never measure our work in that way,” the man said.

“And why not?” Master Foo inquired.

“If we did so,” the hardware designer replied, “we would be tempted to design chips so large that they cannot be fabricated – and, if they were fabricated, their overwhelming complexity would make it be impossible to generate proper test vectors for them.”

Master Foo smiled, and bowed to the hardware designer.

In that moment, the hardware designer achieved enlightenment.

didn't realize I got my title changed

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gently caress master foo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i kind of saw that coming at the 2nd line of that story

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i kind of saw that coming at the 2nd line of that story

lol if u didn't

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i wonder if programmers and hardware designers can do something instead of reaching limits, end of moore's law, etc, they instead reach a point where their code or whatever collapses into something like a black hole

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i wonder if programmers and hardware designers can do something instead of reaching limits, end of moore's law, etc, they instead reach a point where their code or whatever collapses into something like a black hole

It's you're posts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
YOSPOS, m'lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Condiv posted:

gently caress master foo