Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tongues posted:

Sheilas, wogs, and poofters

This is a good book, FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If you guys think of a better title I'd be happy to change it

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

roy kishna tore up the faroe islands league for me in fm10 and i will forever love him for it

Steve, you're a good lad and mean well and I like this thread and the posters in it but don't make posts about FM like a goddamn idiot baby nerdlord!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Twat le Piss posted:

Muscat been on the glass pipe

This is good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I love this thread, you guys can talk about little snails :3:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

iajanus posted:

All the teams are playing like garbage at the moment

- the A League 2005-????

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How much money do teams get out of the ACL? It's not anywhere near the European one is it?

I happened to be in Seoul while FC Seoul was playing a group stage match a few years ago and while I didnt' make it to the game, I was by the stadium as it was getting out and there was maybe a quarter of the people that could've fit in there present. I feel like it's not as big of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tongues posted:

From the group stages onwards, teams get $40k for a win and $20k for a draw, it then increases for a win by $40k each round afterwards. Jumps up quite a bit to a $3 million if you win the whole she-bang, $1.5 million for the runner up. It isn't much for the bigger clubs in the competition (getting to the first qualifying round of the Europa league earns a side 200,000 euro, which isn't matched by the ACL until the semi final), but its double what it was in 2014. This is a large part of why it feels like it isn't a big deal, since plenty of sides will actually lose money through travelling (and lovely stadium deals for sides like Brisbane, where they need large crowds to not lose money on league games), and will not take it as seriously as they might. In the A-league the small squad sizes absolutely gently caress sides over because they run out of steam in the 2nd half of the season.

I see, that doesn't seem like it'd be worth it for many clubs to even bother. Who are the biggest clubs in Asia anyway, the Japanese or Korean teams? I imagine the A-League must be close.

• Locked thread