Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's loving epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVM5oEfmWx0

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

two rails
/
:dukedog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i do not like the new announcer. he is not gravelly enough

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
I don't like it.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Now this I like.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Two epic tastes that taste completely Fuckawesome together.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
UT sexy announcer or GTFO

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
More like Quake Dead cuz noone plays it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

More like Quake Dead cuz noone plays it.

Nearly 6000 people was playing it today which is almost more than anyone who ever tried it combined and I think a new peak for them in general.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Nearly 6000 people was playing it today which is almost more than anyone who ever tried it combined and I think a new peak for them in general.

More like Quake Live cuz the community is so vibrant.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull posted:

Dude have you even seen te amount of people playing CS:GO and Civ 5?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
dbz voice guy

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Hoodrich posted:

Dude have you even seen te amount of people playing CS:GO and Civ 5?

The game doesn't need millions, just enough so you can find a game.

I'm not sure how many of these players they'll keep with no match-making an an awful ranking system. You get a big list of servers and it's pot luck if you join a server where you're matched evenly or destroyed. They make it as difficult as possible to get into a duel as well, no idea why.

The lack of weapon variety and interesting game modes might turn people off. Modern shooters have a hundred weapons or more, Quake has about ten and half of those are just poo poo versions of the other ones. The game modes are pretty one dimension, people don't really like mindless deathmatches or ctf anymore.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

pisshead posted:

The lack of weapon variety and interesting game modes might turn people off. Modern shooters have a hundred weapons or more, Quake has about ten and half of those are just poo poo versions of the other ones. The game modes are pretty one dimension, people don't really like mindless deathmatches or ctf anymore.

wait are u trying 2 tell me that modern gamers are dumb and gay???? :wth:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Having never played ql, I am enjoying it now that it is on steam

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

pisshead posted:

Modern shooters have a hundred weapons or more,

90% of which look/play about the same as in everyrr other brownmans shooter. and youre a little bitch that can only carry 1 or 2 of them.

real quake and UT shootmans are alpha enough to carry their whoel arsenal and intelligent enough to know when to use which gun within ms of spootting an enemy

yeah i think that settles the argument

oldschool arena FPS 1 : 0 milleniall scrubllorrd shooters

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
perfect dark's arsenal owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Das Butterbrot posted:

real quake and UT

Stop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pisshead posted:

people don't really like mindless deathmatches or ctf anymore.

Proper 4v4 CTF and TDM in quake has more depth than any of the most contrived modes in games like Battlefield or whatever. rear end clown. Unless you just mean what a public server will probably end up being, but even then.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Having never played ql, I am enjoying it now that it is on steam

I initially thought the changes were really loving terrible but I've done a 180, really enjoying annihilating people in freeze tag and ctf

quake loving owns

pisshead posted:

hmm yes the modes in quake are one dimensional compared to goty modern shooters like cod that have these gametypes

ctf
free for all
team deathmatch
bomb planting cs wannabe poo poo
domination

so much more variety clearly, and i get to use guns with only slightly modified damage stats between them and everything looks brown, that sounds really cool

but it's not

because they're poo poo

and colored like poo poo

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Proper 4v4 CTF and TDM in quake has more depth than any of the most contrived modes in games like Battlefield or whatever.

wormskull dropping the truthiest bomb

• Locked thread