Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Thermos H Christ posted:

So just as a fun thought experiment, how much misery would Charlie Strong's Eagle Scouts have to endure before they could theoretically come in to a game wearing Texas uniforms and still be seen as the good guys? Like say next season Texas goes up against a heavily favored Oklahoma team that's starting Joe Mixon among other noted assholes. Could you root for a bunch of squeaky clean woman-respecting underdogs in burnt orange? Or did we pass the point of no return long ago?
I realize I'm biased, but I don't really think anyone cares about drug tests. I mean, I'll give him Meander and Sanders, but everything outside of that is "look at me giving a poo poo about kids smoking weed in Austin!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
how the gently caress does wisconsin bring in so much revenue?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Noctone posted:

I went looking for enrollment figures to answer this question and in the process I found out that the University of Phoenix has the highest enrollment of any university in the US, with over twice as many students as the next-biggest. :negative:

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Jeez, Rutgers is funded 60% by subsidy.

Normally it's not THAT bad, the Mike Rice fuckup really screwed things up last year.

That's what happens when you're spending at Big Ten levels with Big East revenue.

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005

quote:

@ZipsEquipment
The Zips will be wearing white jerseys, white pants, white socks, white cleats, and GOLD CHROME HELMETS! #ZipSwag

Views: :stare:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Elotana posted:

I realize I'm biased, but I don't really think anyone cares about drug tests.

I'm with you on that, and honestly I have second guessed that aspect more than once. I don't consider it a moral issue at all. I frankly hope that super-intensive testing is not a permanent part of this program.

But purely as a football/team issue, I do see how a player who can't or won't put down the pipe during an all-hands-on-deck crisis moment is a liability, especially when given multiple chances and warnings. I don't see it as being very different than someone outright refusing to run laps when the coach says to. Maybe when the coach is getting what he needs from you, he won't make you run so many laps.

every
Apr 24, 2008

That is definitely...gold...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
when youre going 13-1 blaze up but 8-5

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just realized I was doing this half-assed Texas defense the week they play KU. gently caress a Longhorn, though it'll take suspending/expelling half the rest of the team to make the game even close to competitive.

Beat Oklahoma, though.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Legitimately surprised/disappointed that it doesn't just go all the way and say #SWAG all over it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Those are badass as hell

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Pakled posted:

I went looking for enrollment figures to answer this question and in the process I found out that the University of Phoenix has the highest enrollment of any university in the US, with over twice as many students as the next-biggest. :negative:

"University" :airquote:

go3 posted:

when youre going 13-1 blaze up but 8-5

If you're 13-1, take amphetamines and get the national championship.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Noctone posted:

I assume it is because they are in a rather unique situation of having 3 revenue sports. Football, men's hoops, and men's hockey. This is however purely speculation. Maybe tickets to Camp Randall are like NFL expensive?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Once again, I have absolutely no idea how to feel about our game tomorrow. It's probably going to be a Big 12-style shootout, so hopefully our defense does just enough and we can escape with a win. Thank god we're at home.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

drunk leprechaun posted:

I assume it is because they are in a rather unique situation of having 3 revenue sports. Football, men's hoops, and men's hockey. This is however purely speculation. Maybe tickets to Camp Randall are like NFL expensive?

I would bet a lot that hockey is losing money for them.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
There is no way Wisconsin breaks $110 M in revenue and donations.

edit - Oh drat, 2013-14 was $112. (page 35.) Lost $17M in gifts compared to the year before, and $2M in concessions when the switched to a new, incredibly horrible vendor.

Coco13 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 27, 2014

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

RumbleFish posted:

Once again, I have absolutely no idea how to feel about our game tomorrow. It's probably going to be a Big 12-style shootout, so hopefully our defense does just enough and we can escape with a win. Thank god we're at home.

Mike Davis will have lots of yards

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012

Owns

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Would buy that helmet retail

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Athens bros, I was stopped at Milledge because some people were crossing the road and some UGA fratty bros yelled something about buttchugging at some Tennessee fratty bros. I wish I heard the full thing, but I could clearly make out buttchugging. It was beautiful.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Isn't Gold Chrome the best? :allears: Goes better with black than white IMO, though. Baylor did that for our conference opener Vs WVU last year, night game, helmets gleaming under the lights. All-time uni combo as far as I'm concerned.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 27, 2014

every
Apr 24, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Athens bros, I was stopped at Milledge because some people were crossing the road and some UGA fratty bros yelled something about buttchugging at some Tennessee fratty bros. I wish I heard the full thing, but I could clearly make out buttchugging. It was beautiful.

I miss athens

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SEC's relatively stacked Week 6 schedule is set:
pre:
Alabama at Ole Miss 3:30 p.m. CBS
Texas A&M at Mississippi State	12 p.m.	ESPN
Florida at Tennessee	12 p.m.	SEC Network
Vanderbilt at Georgia	4 p.m.	SEC Network
LSU at Auburn	7 p.m.	ESPN
South Carolina at Kentucky	7:30 p.m.	SEC Network

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Are they fighting lions in an arena?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I would bet a lot that hockey is losing money for them.

Actually, I think Wisconsin and Minnesota are the only two place that this isn't true.

Which isn't surprising.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Looks awesome. Would this be any heavier than a normal helmet?

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

SEC's relatively stacked Week 6 schedule is set:
pre:
Alabama at Ole Miss 3:30 p.m. CBS
Texas A&M at Mississippi State	12 p.m.	ESPN
Florida at Tennessee	12 p.m.	SEC Network
Vanderbilt at Georgia	4 p.m.	SEC Network
LSU at Auburn	7 p.m.	ESPN
South Carolina at Kentucky	7:30 p.m.	SEC Network

Gameday has never been to the Grove, but I bet they skip it for Starkville.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

ACoolT5 posted:

I have a feeling Starkville will be the better game so that'd be appropriate.

Will maybe revise this feeling after I watch Ole Miss vs Memphis

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
This weekend will be the first time that I've had to go to a wedding on a Saturday during football season.

Eh, we're gonna lose anyway so at least I'll be able to enjoy my friends' home-brewed beer while following on my phone :v:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Foolish relative set a wedding for the day of the OU game so everyone can get super depressed shortly before the ceremony starts.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I skipped Georgia/Kentucky and a chance to be around my then girlfriend last year for my best friend'a wedding.

If anybody I know reads this I will never do it again.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Morby posted:

Looks awesome. Would this be any heavier than a normal helmet?

Nope, it's a paint-like spray silvering process like how mirrors are done but streamlined for commercial use. It's surprisingly common and pretty much any time you see small volume tinted 'chrome' it's one of those systems. I have one for playing around with and it's tricky but great for making tacky garbage
:science:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

ACoolT5 posted:

Nah, it's going to Ole Miss. SEC Gameday has already been confirmed for our game. HEIL TEBOW PAAWWWWWLLLLL!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I walked by the SEC Gameday thing this morning and there were hardly any people there. It was all old folk, no college students or spike squad or anything.

Figured everybody would wanna go bitch at Tebow or something.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Georgia defense

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Woof. Sounding like Davis Webb is going to be out for a while. That sucks. Time for true freshman Mahomes. If he takes us to a bowl game, Kliff deserves coach of the year.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Those Akron helmets are some dark souls poo poo

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Woof. Sounding like Davis Webb is going to be out for a while. That sucks. Time for true freshman Mahomes. If he takes us to a bowl game, Kliff deserves coach of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Foolish relative set a wedding for the day of the OU game so everyone can get super depressed shortly before the ceremony starts.

What are you talking about? You're going to win this year.

It is written.

• Locked thread