Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State didn't lose today and there were multiple upsets. Even though I didn't get to actually watch much football today was a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Yikes LSU. That was a train wreck performance on both sides of the ball. Even then, there were still the requisite heart palpitations at the end when it was only a theoretical hail Mary from a comeback.

Still, maybe things will improve. We'll see. Hopefully it'll just turn out that a relatively young team just hasn't found its rhythm yet. And it's shaping up to be a weird year in general - maybe Mississippi State is actually good?

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
I'm just sittin' here writing Lane Kiffin's name on notebook paper and drawing hearts around it.

Please don't send help. I'm too far gone.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Captain von Trapp posted:

Yikes LSU. That was a train wreck performance on both sides of the ball. Even then, there were still the requisite heart palpitations at the end when it was only a theoretical hail Mary from a comeback.

Still, maybe things will improve. We'll see. Hopefully it'll just turn out that a relatively young team just hasn't found its rhythm yet. And it's shaping up to be a weird year in general - maybe Mississippi State is actually good?

God I hope not, there's enough to worry about at it is.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Turn back, o unwary traveller, for you enter the realms of the ACC Coastal. There is no good football here.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I still say Fire Paul Johnson, but today was a good day.

#SoIn #NesbittAvenged

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 21, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Deshaun Watson named Starter moving forward for Clemson

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Deshaun Watson named Starter moving forward for Clemson

He loving earned it, regardless of that awful loss.

He looked so loving good tonight

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

yeah he did :unsmith:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
GOOD:

Low expectations entering the season just got lower. I guess I can focus on work even more now!

Team is real young.

Fournette, Dupre, and Harris are gonna' be special.

BAD:

O-line sucks

D-line sucks (but is inexperienced)

DJ WELTER IS THE WORST D-1 LB IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Cam Cameron have loving seizures during the game? This offense is too neurotic.

Defense hasn't improved from last year & may be worse. Secondary is great but the front 7 are all under-performing.

Tommy Moffitt: We don't seem particularly faster, bigger, or stronger the past few years.

=========================================================================

Congrats, State. Y'all finally got one; y'all deserve to gloat 'til next year. Really strong squad I saw out there. That being said, Dillon Day is a first-class piece-of-poo poo & I hope he faces a multi-game suspension. Not cool at all.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Colorado won. This means that apparently Hawaii is ~*real bad*~.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

lol Emmitt Smith is now going public in pushing to bench Jeff Driskel

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Oregon's defense is unpredictable. They will have an amazing secondary against run-first teams but absolutely suck against an air-raid offense. The whole game they were unable to get pressure on Halliday and let him have his way for the most part. The defense seemed to be unprepared and unable to cover receivers. The offensive line was poo poo and it better not let Mariota get hurt.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I need to get laid (consensually)

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

If Penn State can hang on for two more weeks, then PSU-OSU will be a matchup between two top 25 teams and Penn State would be the one sitting higher in the standings.

This is not something that should be.

PSU owns and the big ten is m ega dog poo poo even after this 'amazing come back' week that consists of the chaos team beating mizzou, beating pitt, and beating a bunch of mac teams lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LSU isn't very good. It's not because they're young, that's been the excuse for 3 years. At this point they just aren't very good because our offense and defense are both predicated on having stellar line play and we haven't had that on either side since 2011. MissSt is okay, but they aren't great, LSU is just bad.

My kingdom for an offense with some creativity.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wheez said it best

wheez the roux posted:

Kiss my rear end motherfuckers fuxk your crooked rear end duck dicks i hope youbchoke on a sloppy crusty cumcock and your mom findsyour corpse u phil knight buggerfucks

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
gonna drop this in here, too. From the GDT:

tranime scholar posted:

who gives a gently caress about class. gently caress every other goddamn team in the entire world except for mine and gently caress them too. football sucks. you suck bitch. fucker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

gonna drop this in here, too. From the GDT:

Please make this next weekends GDT title. Thanks, in advance.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
God drat I loving hate Oregon. I don't even care that Washington woke up at halftime and did their thing like they were supposed to. Wazzu almost did awesome poo poo and I'm pissed they didn't get to finish the job cause they got hosed like whoa.

Also rename the thread "who gives a gently caress about class"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I only watched the first half of the first quarter of the Aggie game so I'm a bad fan or whatever. gently caress this upset blue balling season. Also i'm going to be using buggerfuck a lot now thanks wheez and don't die.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If Clemson hadn't turned back into a pumpkin, WSU not got boned on a poo poo non-call, Florida been able to keep up for the whole game, and WVU not run out of gas, we'd have seen the top four obliterated in one swoop.

SO CLOSE.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Scarf posted:

I need to get laid (consensually)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Arizona owns for another week :toot: Bear the gently caress Down

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

God drat I loving hate Oregon. I don't even care that Washington woke up at halftime and did their thing like they were supposed to. Wazzu almost did awesome poo poo and I'm pissed they didn't get to finish the job cause they got hosed like whoa.

Also rename the thread "who gives a gently caress about class"

I suppose it's understandable that you'd be a little upset after a decade of pure futility

Huskie tears are probably the best part of being an Oregon fan- your team's fanbase has none of the charm or self-awareness of Cougars fans, and seeing the Ducks deny you lot even a bit of vicarious satisfaction feels oh so good

edit:

LGD fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 21, 2014

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

If Clemson hadn't turned back into a pumpkin, WSU not got boned on a poo poo non-call, Florida been able to keep up for the whole game, and WVU not run out of gas, we'd have seen the top four obliterated in one swoop.

SO CLOSE.

Florida was never keeping up, Bama was basically staying tied with itself and I defy you to watch the game and tell me otherwise. Credit to Florida for being real pros at punching out an insecure ball though.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona is a bad football team, but 4-0 is 4-0 and the comeback was perhaps the greatest I've ever seen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chinatown posted:

Don't think there's any doubt about that.

Also this thread title is awful and lying to me and I hate everything.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

LGD posted:

I suppose it's understandable that you'd be a little upset after a decade of pure futility

Huskie tears are probably the best part of being an Oregon fan- your team's fanbase has none of the charm or self-awareness of Cougars fans, and denying you even a bit of vicarious satisfaction feels oh so

edit:

You will never, ever, ever win a championship because no matter how much the media strokes your back, you loving choked on the national stage at your one shot at the whole thing.

Grittybeard posted:

Also this thread title is awful and lying to me and I hate everything.

Nah, it is, in fact, very accurate, but I would accept a substitution of, "nobody gives a gently caress about class".

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 21, 2014

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
arizona is a terrible team but holy poo poo glad we won that

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Stuff posted:

arizona is a terrible team but holy poo poo glad we won that

Hopefully soon RichRod will make us awesome so then we can have a football team that is as good as the basketball team. Cals gonna lose like a bitch in basketball too.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Colorado won over a football program that may literally not exist in the near future.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

Florida was never keeping up, Bama was basically staying tied with itself and I defy you to watch the game and tell me otherwise. Credit to Florida for being real pros at punching out an insecure ball though.

All I care about is scoreboards :colbert:

Tied late in the third!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Ya but Colorado has been liquid poo poo for almost a decade. I hope they are, finally, slowly rebuilding. Insha'Allah.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

I thought "Leathernecks" was supposed to be the funny part, then I scrolled down some more.

I'm devastated ASU lost the recruiting battle with Western Illinois for this local gem.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

wheez posted:

please leave the room if this will affect you

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Ramadu posted:

Hopefully soon RichRod will make us awesome so then we can have a football team that is as good as the basketball team. Cals gonna lose like a bitch in basketball too.
Look no school can be that good at both football and basketball.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Arizona is a bad football team, but 4-0 is 4-0 and the comeback was perhaps the greatest I've ever seen.

This. It was almost as good as the new mexico bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Huskers are fielding a good offense this year that i feel could give a good game to at least mid-level ranked teams, maybe. Abdullah is a loving beastmaster in human skin and Armstrong is decent on the ground, if the o-line can at least be competent we have a formidable ground game. Bell and Westerkamp are some talented wideouts too.

The defense though, hmmmmm....it does not inspire me with confidence.

The whole team got real fired up tonight which was great to see, but i think we are still prone to inconsistency and weak on the D side. Miami moved the ball at will against us until late in the game when they started getting desperate, and even then they just had a young qb make a couple mistakes. Really our time of possession won the game + some key turnovers.

• Locked thread