Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

I got no beef with mates except that you made a shock swoop on Jay at the last minute then killed his spirit

Eh I guess I can safely say it now hes not here but he didnt have nice things to say about most of the americans (you excluded tbh) and he hated fluo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

the hate tends to be not be rational tbh

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Big Taff Man posted:

Eh, we still play like 3 times a week. That Duncan Sperguson had a meltdown over something when I wasnt there and then has never posted since.

Could do with Sassasin playing more

You're still at 0 appearences

Why does no one ever post in the chat room HEY GUYS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL, I kind of assumed it's you and the 3 fat xboxs on twitter organising who is playing where?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

fat gay nonce posted:

Why does no one ever post in the chat room HEY GUYS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL, I kind of assumed it's you and the 3 fat xboxs on twitter organising who is playing where?

Usually it gets organised on twitter yeah because that gets people to come online. The ps4 ui for messaging is poo poo, whenever I go into the chat thing it takes too long to load

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Big Taff Man posted:

Usually it gets organised on twitter yeah because that gets people to come online. The ps4 ui for messaging is poo poo, whenever I go into the chat thing it takes too long to load

smgdh

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Would it help you if I posted itt when we are gonna play? If you want we can arrange a game for like 10pm tonight just for you (straight after the apprentice when smelly faces gf goes to bed)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Can whoever is in charge of the team accept me to it? I put in a transfer request two nights ago.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Would it help you if I posted itt when we are gonna play? If you want we can arrange a game for like 10pm tonight just for you (straight after the apprentice when smelly faces gf goes to bed)

Idling in the lobby now

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

Can whoever is in charge of the team accept me to it? I put in a transfer request two nights ago.

Which team

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Parm city

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Theyre very closed off and dont like newcomers tbh, you might struggle

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Is it time for Mates to enter the big leagues of pro gaming?

http://www.fvpa.co.uk/xf/pages/fwcc2015/

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Theyre very closed off and dont like newcomers tbh, you might struggle

We're basically a spin-off of Parmos, a couple months ago I quit the team and poached a few of my old Parmos teammates from it. I'll run it by the gang and see if they want to give you a shot. I'm telling you, the inmates run the asylum, they just nominate me to chop heads because they're all incredibly scared of making people upset.

If you are capable of having an idea of where the ball needs to go before you receive it, you'll probably do fine. If not, we will engage in passive-aggressive behavior like ignoring you and avoiding you until you either give up or we cut you. I had to cut someone recently because things just weren't working out. I'm just the only person willing to pull the band-aid off, everyone else on the team is chickenshit, basically.

Also if you're based in Europe, play with Mates, you'll do better with your connection speed, etc.

tl:dr im gay

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I played like 100 games with you last year and we did fine :(

I'm in div 1 in head to head so I at least have some idea of how to play

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Looks like the Band-Aid has already been removed then

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Haha I mean I figured they just forgot about me entirely based on the way Haag is talking but maybe I'm poo poo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

We're basically a spin-off of Parmos, a couple months ago I quit the team and poached a few of my old Parmos teammates from it. I'll run it by the gang and see if they want to give you a shot. I'm telling you, the inmates run the asylum, they just nominate me to chop heads because they're all incredibly scared of making people upset.

lol this is what they make me do too

TheBigAristotle posted:

If you are capable of having an idea of where the ball needs to go before you receive it, you'll probably do fine. If not, we will engage in passive-aggressive behavior like ignoring you and avoiding you until you either give up or we cut you. I had to cut someone recently because things just weren't working out. I'm just the only person willing to pull the band-aid off, everyone else on the team is chickenshit, basically.

Please tell me it was Fluo you kicked out, please, please, please. Or poo poo even that dude who melted down at me a bunch.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm in div 1 in head to head so I at least have some idea of how to play

Just cause someones good at head 2 head doesnt mean theyre good at clubs tbf

Im sure we've played together before too

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just cause someones good at head 2 head doesnt mean theyre good at clubs tbf

Im sure we've played together before too

Taff look at my post above, a selection of our top players should be going pro imo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Taff look at my post above, a selection of our top players should be going pro imo

I refuse to go pro as it will effect my chances of playing in the trollympic games

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

lol this is what they make me do too

Please tell me it was Fluo you kicked out, please, please, please. Or poo poo even that dude who melted down at me a bunch.

Nah, Own is a Parmos legend, we've been playing since like 10 or 11

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nah, Own is a Parmos legend, we've been playing since like 10 or 11

So it was Fluo?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean I really don't remember there being any sort of drama with me playing at any point, I've played pro clubs with parmos since like 09 or 10 or something and no one's ever said anything about me doing anything differently or being trash or whatever. I played a bunch of games last year then got bored around January or whatever and stopped but I don't think we had any problems while I was playing?

And yeah I definitely remember playing with THE BIG TAFF MAN, that is an experience no one can forget.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Anyone up for some clubs games?

Excluding Fluo, whos now been banned from 2 of the PS4 parmo teams

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I played a billion games in 14 and don't remember playing with Stefan, TBQH. As an aside, I would say that outside of general FIFA concepts being good at H2H (FUT especially where yo can customize everything exactly how you like it) doesn't necessarily correlate to Pro Clubs. Anywho.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 12, 2014

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think you started playing regularly about when I stopped but I definitely remember playing with you a few times.

I guess I just wasn't very memorable :shobon:

Anyway accept me or don't, I thought it would be fun to play parmos again but if there was some huge drama and it changed to ~ONLY ELITE PRO CLUBS PLAYERS~ then I mean it's fine. I'm not sure why you don't just accept me and then kick me or tell me I'm terrible if I turn out to be but it's your club.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 12, 2014

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think you started playing regularly about when I stopped but I definitely remember playing with you a few times.

I guess I just wasn't very memorable :shobon:

Except for FIFA 13 I've played with Parmos since FIFA 9/10 release(whichever was the first one with Pro Clubs in it). I remember you more from the beginning of 15 before we broke off than any games last year, but it's possible we played at different times, totally possible.

Also Haag you make the tough decisions that's why the Parm City Sheikh pays you the big bucks!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Naming this evening's first team:

-------NattyBo------Apache----------

---------------Own------------------

---Haag----------------------KP-----

-------Slim---------Smoovey---------

-------poo poo---poo poo---poo poo-----------

--------------poo poo------------------

Natty and Own could probably interchange. I like the spicy combo on the left of KP and Apache, and Smoovey was pretty legit in the midfield last time. We played really well early on when we managed to cycle through everyone and avoid giving up the ball at the top of the box for the counter.

e: yes I am a nub who knows nothing of code tags

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh I completely forgot to ask this earlier --

People keep saying being good at H2H doesn't mean you are good at pro clubs, so since I haven't played a ton pro clubs, I should just ask: What are the things I should keep in mind or how should I play differently in pro clubs than in H2H?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Naming this evening's first team:

-------NattyBo------Apache----------

---------------Own------------------

---Haag----------------------KP-----

-------Slim---------Smoovey---------

-------poo poo---poo poo---poo poo-----------

--------------poo poo------------------

Natty and Own could probably interchange. I like the spicy combo on the left of KP and Apache, and Smoovey was pretty legit in the midfield last time. We played really well early on when we managed to cycle through everyone and avoid giving up the ball at the top of the box for the counter.

e: yes I am a nub who knows nothing of code tags

I thought you kicked Fluo out?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Anyone up for some clubs games?

Excluding Fluo, whos now been banned from 2 of the PS4 parmo teams

Don't worry I'll just start one which is actually open to goons, since this is the something awful forum

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Theres already 2 teams that allow any goons

Parmos - US goons
Mates - UK goons

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh I completely forgot to ask this earlier --

People keep saying being good at H2H doesn't mean you are good at pro clubs, so since I haven't played a ton pro clubs, I should just ask: What are the things I should keep in mind or how should I play differently in pro clubs than in H2H?

Actual positioning, teamwork, the ability to not call for the ball every 3 seconds...

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Actual positioning, teamwork, the ability to not call for the ball every 3 seconds...

Agreed Iain is loving awful

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

I thought you kicked Fluo out?

Well that's not very nice

sassassin posted:

It's shocking how difficult these concepts can be for people

Also I should probably restate this, Parm City is not Parmos, it's my own spin-off with the cool doggies that played Parmos for the last several years. We all have a say in roster decisions, I just happen to be the hatchet man. All roster decisions were unanimous amongst the group. All rights reserved. No purchase necessary. Valid in all states except Rhode Island. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Agreed Iain is loving awful

howay

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well that's not very nice

It's shocking how difficult these concepts can be for people

Also I should probably restate this, Parm City is not Parmos, it's my own spin-off with the cool doggies that played Parmos for the last several years. We all have a say in roster decisions, I just happen to be the hatchet man. All roster decisions were unanimous amongst the group. All rights reserved. No purchase necessary. Valid in all states except Rhode Island. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender.

Oh ok I actually didn't know that. Anyway thanks for letting me in to the one with actual players in it

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

hey guys what happened to Parmos? I come back from a few month hiatus and you poo poo lords have had a break up high school style?

this is Lando btw. Also sorry for killing your ears tonight. My mic is in ATL and I tried wiring a new one with a coat hangar and a paperclip.

edit transfer sent for Parm City itd be cool to play with yall again

Lando Kardashian fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Stefan Prodan played against me in one of the goon run tournaments and was the only dude to beat me. Not that I'm using that as a metric to say you're all poo poo, but he's pretty good. He also played for a while with us in 12 or 13.

I remember you!

• Locked thread