Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
can matt w reinheimer please stop trolling my inputs thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Parmos FC created, send transfer requests when you're ready

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Dont forget to buy your boosts in the FC Catalogue

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow you can get some really nice knuckling motion on the ball on free kicks this year. Fully sick

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Played a drop-in, somehow didn't want to kill myself the entire game, managed to score a goal, too. This game is hella spicy

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff can you stop being really creepy. You creep.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What is the beef between you two anyway

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

What is the beef between you two anyway

Its a long story thats not really relevant to the Fifa thread, but when I fill you in you'll realise you should always lock your doors and windows even when youre in the house

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It's 24 quid cheaper on the US PSN than it is on the Euro PSN.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Sent a transfer request, putos.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Duncan Sperguson posted:

It's 24 quid cheaper on the US PSN than it is on the Euro PSN.

:I

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Transfer request in, ready to play some questionable midfield defense.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Sent a transfer request if someone cares to accept me.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Bit annoyed someone deleted all my scouting reports

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure you'll survive

I'm all Parmed out for the night. More one-touch passing is needed, more spice, but that's not a new complaint when we're playing average

We just need higher rated VPs

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Can you link to the club page on the EA website?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, it doesn't exist anymore, which is sort of a bummer. Even the 14 team sheet goes straight to the FIFA main page. All hail the FUT Gods

Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.
I submitted a transfer request. I'll give Pros a go in 15 because I don't want to touch FUT anymore.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Sent a request as scudly

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We're going to need to split up Parmos into A and B squads haha especially now that NHL has removed its Pro Clubs mode

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
It was pretty fun day of parms but playing with 7+ people is pretty excruciating at times.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

We're going to need to split up Parmos into A and B squads haha especially now that NHL has removed its Pro Clubs mode

If the numbers are big then it sounds like we will need a separate Euro side?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They usually shake out after a while, but maybe I dunno

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

SAMB0 posted:

It was pretty fun day of parms but playing with 7+ people is pretty excruciating at times.

Ya I had fun yesterday but also some eh one (bound to happen if you play 8 hours). It does seem like all the new peeps seem to get it, think the NHL crossover helps a lot! Kinda agree w/ Haag though, may need to split into 2 or something, it's hard playing every game with a totally full (minus defense) roster. IMO.

Very pleased w the pro clubs mechanics overall except for not being able to bring out the keeper.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 24, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

They usually shake out after a while, but maybe I dunno

How about everyone plays me at H2H, and I decide who to put into the A and B teams?

NattyBo posted:

Ya I had fun yesterday but also some eh one (bound to happen if you play 8 hours). It does seem like all the new peeps seem to get it, think the NHL crossover helps a lot! Kinda agree w/ Haag though, may need to split into 2 or something, it's hard playing every game with a totally full (minus defense) roster. IMO.

Very pleased w the pro clubs mechanics overall except for not being able to bring out the keeper.

The big issue with playing with 6-7 players is if no one holds the defensive shape, thats why Sassasin and Stotty in the Xbox team were always good to have in, they knew when to hold. Stotty was maybe the best Xbox Fifa player

in defence

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

The Big Taff Man posted:

The big issue with playing with 6-7 players is if no one holds the defensive shape, thats why Sassasin and Stotty in the Xbox team were always good to have in, they knew when to hold. Stotty was maybe the best Xbox Fifa player

Yup I actually agree and not just in defense - Parmos usually falls apart when no one has concepts of their actual positions on the field. Yesterday our D Mids were doing great at not getting swept too far up, wingers were staying on the appropriate wing, etc

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I wish I was staying home to play this dumb game again today

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

It's the first day of Fifa 15 so it's gonna take a while for people to get accustomed to the new gameplay. I've been pleasantly surprised by the play of the new parmos members. Thanks for reading the bottom of the OP and playing team football. I'm at the point where I enjoy assisting more than scoring, and hopefully some of you will eventually feel the same way.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the new NHL transplants did well picking out passes and getting into space. The spiciest plays come from having a pass or move in mind before you get the ball

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

yo soy fiesta posted:

It's the first day of Fifa 15 so it's gonna take a while for people to get accustomed to the new gameplay. I've been pleasantly surprised by the play of the new parmos members. Thanks for reading the bottom of the OP and playing team football. I'm at the point where I enjoy assisting more than scoring, and hopefully some of you will eventually feel the same way.

nice username

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

yo soy fiesta posted:

If you don't think good defensive positioning and a clean sheet is the best thing then kindly gently caress right off imo.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

If you don't think good defensive positioning and a clean sheet is the best thing then kindly gently caress right off imo.

you can play with us Sam but I'm not signing on with your agent

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Agreed, I'll be playing midfield defense or defender. I'm not really bothered able getting goals.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duncan Sperguson posted:

you can play with us Sam but I'm not signing on with your agent

lol I'm going to have to change my celebration to the chicken dance

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

some pretty harsh results this morning, but baby steps. stick with it lads

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

yo soy fiesta posted:

some pretty harsh results this morning, but baby steps. stick with it lads

This Euro goo team is sounding more and more appealing

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

The Big Taff Man posted:

This Euro goo team is sounding more and more appealing

I agree with you 100% :patriot:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the biggest thing people struggle with in matches we lose is the idea that you gotta pass more.

Play the ball in the direction you're facing, use over-the-top balls sparingly, dribble into space, PASS MORE

What's nice about the squad list now is there's a passes-per-game stat. I've found that's the best indicator in the past as to who I've had the most fun playing with. Pass and move owns hard, and it works, too. If you're not averaging a lot of passes, you're either going for the glory too much, or you're not getting open enough.

Also try and maintain shape. We all wander the pitch a bit, which is cool. But if you're playing DM, play DM ffs, don't charge forward on every play leaving us with nobody back. Or at least say something when you're playing forward so someone can drop back

e: also let go of turbo on crosses, otherwise you'll sky them over the box, I've noticed a huge change since I focused on cutting that poo poo out. gently caress turbo

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 24, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think the biggest thing people struggle with in matches we lose is the idea that you gotta pass more.

Play the ball in the direction you're facing, use over-the-top balls sparingly, dribble into space, PASS MORE

What's nice about the squad list now is there's a passes-per-game stat. I've found that's the best indicator in the past as to who I've had the most fun playing with. Pass and move owns hard, and it works, too. If you're not averaging a lot of passes, you're either going for the glory too much, or you're not getting open enough.

Also try and maintain shape. We all wander the pitch a bit, which is cool. But if you're playing DM, play DM ffs, don't charge forward on every play leaving us with nobody back. Or at least say something when you're playing forward so someone can drop back

e: also let go of turbo on crosses, otherwise you'll sky them over the box, I've noticed a huge change since I focused on cutting that poo poo out. gently caress turbo

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What camera do you guys use? I got used to Default from the side of the field while playing career in 14 but last night I found I couldn't really see enough of things, and changing focus from myself to the ball was a pain.

• Locked thread