Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Yo, anyone else here play PlanetSide 2? I wanna talk about it without anyone whining about faction balance or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Basically it's a huge FPS with vehicles and stuff only you can get into huge 100+ vs 100+ battles in an endless war and you get to shoot a whole lot of lasers and laser bullets from your guns and it's really sweet.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
did they everr fix being ablle to drive up vertical cliffs / walls with the flash using turbo? because that was one of the most hilarious glitches in an online FPS ever

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I played it a bit back, but the progression seemed to assume that you played 20 hours a week and/or paid $$$, so, I stopped playing.

also I vaguely remember vehicle balance being a shitshow

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

I played it a bit back, but the progression seemed to assume that you played 20 hours a week and/or paid $$$, so, I stopped playing.

also I vaguely remember vehicle balance being a shitshow

it got a lot better, infantry got some better tools to handle vehicles, and there are a lot more heavy assault players than there used to be

i'll admit it is tough starting out without dropping at least a bit of dosh just so you can fool around with different weapons and see what you enjoy playing

Das Butterbrot posted:

did they everr fix being ablle to drive up vertical cliffs / walls with the flash using turbo? because that was one of the most hilarious glitches in an online FPS ever

'fraid so

Planetside 2 has been getting a lot of good updates recently though because they're being thrown a lot of development money for the upcoming PS4 release.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I play this on Connely. Vanu spandex dance parties all day and flipping libs.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Widestancer posted:

I play this on Connely. Vanu spandex dance parties all day and flipping libs.

I mainly play Vanu but sometimes I hung for my Razor GD-23 on NC or my Mercy MAX on TR. I'm pretty much just playing on Emerald.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i liked ps2 but the game ran like poo poo and soe are a bunch of clowns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

I mainly play Vanu but sometimes I hung for my Razor GD-23 on NC or my Mercy MAX on TR. I'm pretty much just playing on Emerald.

have they fixed the invincible spawn glitch

That was funny as hell and has been around forever

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Widestancer posted:

have they fixed the invincible spawn glitch

That was funny as hell and has been around forever

Oh, I dunno. I've just been getting back into it recently and I'm surprised how much the game has improved since, I kinda thought it was dead in the water but I guess the PS4 saved it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's Battlefield-style trash for straight up fucktards, OP.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

hmm... battlefield doesn't have laser cannons, so I think you might need to fact check your claims.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Wormskull posted:

plays the sims 4

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

kill you are self posted:

plays the sims 4

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey Dexter :buddy:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Kazvall posted:

Hey Dexter :buddy:

hello gamer

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

game is pretty cool. i picked it back up again somewhat recently and got a character to around BR50. the new continent is absolutely fantastic to the point that they may as well delete the other 3 because they dont even come close

i was mostly playing it with a few buddies so we'd hop in tanks together a lot, and i think my favorite part of that game is sneaking up on a big enemy tank column and blowing every single one of their oblivious asses up one by one. i've gotten my fill for now but im looking forward to seeing what they do with the game in the future since it seems like they update it quite regularly

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The tutorial sucks and should just tell people to engy/medic for certs for awhile

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

kill you are self posted:

plays the sims 4

The Sims 4 is a fine game.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I agree with OP

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
it's p. good and it's pretty much the only mmo-type game i've ever really gotten into since you can be 5 minutes into creating your account and then you blow some dumbfuck br100 supersperg's head off

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
this game is bad

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Hoodrich posted:

this game is bad

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I remember this game being pretty fun. If I were going to go back to some kind of FPS this would probably be it. Something about the huge map and large number of objectives.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Large number of objectives AKA stand on that cap point and be bored as gently caress soldier!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i play this with my best friend he is infantry and i am his medic, and we hop on 4x4s and zoom way behind enemy lines and start annoying them by beginning a capture, or overloading something, then quickly getting back on the 4x4 and going to another sector.

chaos bros confusing the enemy.

one session we did actually take a sector and it said our squad owned it and it was just the two of us and that felt pretty badass.

this is a good game

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Game is cool and it is cool to be in a convoy of tanks and apcs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Game is cool and it is cool to be in a convoy of tanks and apcs

Pussy rear end little turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy