Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Attestant posted:

all I care about is the low gravity

I'm just buying this for the low gravity

games don't have enough of it

:allears:

Borderlands Tournament 2K4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Remulak posted:

I dunno I'm just not feeling it for this game. Which is odd, because Borderlands (both versions) is pretty much the only non-Rocksmith game I've sunk a lot of time into over the last few years. This just feels like a half-assed retred.

A lot of wrong people said this kind of thing about Saints Row 4

This game could be a lot of fun to miss out on and as far as I'm concerned it could just be a DLC platform for a better version of BL2

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

echronorian posted:

You can almost buy Jacks assertion that really he's making Pandora better and you're just as bad as his biggest crimes. I would totally live in Jacks dystopia.

He is basically an Ayn Rand captain of industry character who instead of saying gently caress it, he said purge the poor and build robots to do their jobs. He is the rich libertarian rear end in a top hat who is so rich he can actually plan and achieve the things he wants to do if it weren't for you meddling kids

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

This game is significantly more difficult on the first playthrough than BL2 but I am really liking it that way, except one thing. In BL2 by the time you hit TVHM you had some decent gear and a lot of skill points. This game starts at TVHM difficulty, except you're armed with poo poo and have no skill points.

Bugger

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

If "sup" isn't a cool enough word for you then you got problems

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I don't understand how you could go into BLTPS hoping for BL1 design when you've been watching the design evolve over all of BL1's DLC, BL2 vanilla, and all the BL2 DLC.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jakobs rocket launchers should just be quake 2 style railguns

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Skandranon posted:

In low gravity, an ordinary jump will more than get you enough height. On Hyperion and other high(er) gravity areas, a normal jump is not enough. If you are really quick, you can double jump, and at the apex get in a buttslam, but it's tricky.

Or just jump off a guard rail or couch

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Except he's the one that kills thousands of bad guys to rescue Helios, save Elpis, etc. 'Real' Jack only kills a handful of people in not very dangerous situations. Obviously, the mass slaughter has to have an effect on Doppleganger. If they had planned it ahead of time better, it would actually be a really good way to have Jack change from 'Hero Jack' to 'Handsome Jack'.

Well, you know. Student loans bro

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

After playing a bit more I have determined that BL2 got away with its writing due to the solidness of the gameplay but TPS does not have that luxury

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Did Borderlands 1 get worth a poo poo with DLC? When I played it on release it was quite underwhelming, but for some reason I really like the story in 2 and PS and kinda want more of it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Rinkles posted:

It's funny how much better BL2 is than TPS despite initially looking similar. I don't hate it but am I ever happy I didn't pay full price for it.

If they fixed BL2 to have Diablo3-style progression I wouldn't have stopped playing it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I dunno, I at least liked that in BL2 I didn't feel constantly underleveled if I didn't leave the story quest to do some bullshit I don't feel like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

What's the preferred DLC progression if you have everything? I kinda dropped this game halfway through my first play and I like the gameplay but I hate being underleveled almost as much as I hate doing fedex side quests. I want to do what I did in BL2, which was hit up a DLC any time I feel underleveled. What should I be doing to level up through DLC and tell side quests gently caress off

• Locked thread