Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Claptrap's completely random skills that encourage you to switch to weapons of the correct type will be either amazing or a complete headache. I look forward to him.

Wilhelm looks like a neat combination of Gaige and Axton, and I'm looking forward to totally Captain American-ing it as Athena.

The game designers don't get enough credit for coming up with just plain interesting mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ankle-biter posted:

I hope Claptrap doesn't need to get oxygen like the other characters...cause you know...robot's don't have lungs.

I've heard somewhere that he actually doesn't.

Then again, a lot of machines run better with air.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

I've heard rumblings that this may be ported to the Bone/PS4 in the future, has anyone heard more about this?

No confirmations whatsoever, but if they ported Borderlands 2 to the Vita, I'd lay solid odds on them porting this to next-gen.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kaethela posted:

There had better be an explanation as to why he loses the ability to go up stairs. :colbert:

Clearly when Jack murders the rest of his kind he brutally maims Clappy in such a way he loses his ability to navigate stairs.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hagop posted:

I think Maliawn troops would just be the deckers from SR3.

Hey, they were the most fun enemies to fight in that game, that'd be awesome.

I could give a wet fart over my interest in Destiny but the PreSequel is probably going to be a must-own for me. If they were feeling REALLY nasty they could have a DLC side-mission where the questgiver just says: "You must TRAVEL HERE and DEFEAT THE DARKNESS. It is your DESTINY." (and of course it's fighting through a wave of enemies to light a candle)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They all look good to me, really.

I don't know if we'll ever get a character who is as totally freaking insane to play as Krieg ( I mean, Krieg has EXPLOSIONS OF LIFE! ) but Claptrap looks close.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I like having a pet, so Wilhelm first for me.

TWO pets. One of which heals you! Pretty sweet.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kumaton posted:

Wilhelm, if only for his 'shoot while sprinting' skill.

Shoot while sprinting will turn him into something very unique and awesome, I hope.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nisha looks like she's really good at killing individual targets, just blowing straight through the one thing unlucky enough to be in her sights.

I wonder if Claptrap's Vaulthunter.exe program actually DOES determine its effect from your environment and it's not totally random.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wilhelm's Termination Protocols looks like it'll be almost as fun as Krieg's Light the Fuses.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Attestant posted:

Well, the skill tree doesn't like neither of you very much either. :colbert:

Hi five!

...awww...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Harrower posted:

I'm too lazy to bother trying to unlock it. Are there any pro click illegal streams going on anywhere?!

Definitely not on Twitch, they're locked down tight these days.

VVV: Oh.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 13, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Did they alter Clappy's hands so part of his flippers can bend like a trigger finger?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, how Captain America is Athena in practice?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Only dabbled in two characters so far, but Claptrap is pretty interesting. I completely blew through some enemies with Funzerker.exe and Clappy said "Don't ask me where these bullets are coming from!"

Athena's Aspis is amazing. I see a bunch of bad guys, I raise my shield and make sure to face the guys trying to kill me and nothing happens to me! HAHAHAHAHAH! BRING IT ON!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've only found the really basic stuff that's just stuff three of the same rarity same item type into the machine and get a chance at an item a rarity higher, but considering the fact that tossing three purples in isn't a valid combination, and that there's an achievement for getting an orange out of the grinder, I assume it is actually true that there's secret recipes.

Check the badass ranks, there's ranks for discovering recipes.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rookersh posted:

:suicide:

Do Wilhelm and Athena look more viable for NG+ stuff then Axton was? I was the keystone of my team in BL1 with Roland ( because he was absurdly broken and far more powerful then Lilith thanks to stacking reload/damage buffs ), but ended up having to call in goon help on the final boss for Axton, because his skills/tree barely worked together.

I'm thinking of grabbing this game, but want to make sure the class I'll choose won't be useless come endgame again.

Definitely Athena. I can't envision a character whose special power is becoming INVULNERABLE going obsolete, especially when her OTHER power is whipping up elemental storms like crazy.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I kind of liked the intro. Pre-Handsome Jack was less "hohohoho, what a COLOSSAL rear end in a top hat I am" and more like an adrenaline junkie with Hyperion wrist-guns.

Also, throwing us straight into an invasion was a much more dynamic intro.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Widestancer posted:

Does anyone actually play this series for its storyline?

Sort of, I care more about shooting faceless bad guys when I give a poo poo about the questgivers!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Genocyber posted:

"I'll be the one shooting lasers out of my eyes when you're dying of turbocancer."

Wilhelm :allears:

TURBO cancer?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't know, I think a medical device telling you to "come back with dying!" is oddly very succinct. Brevity is the soul of wit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Is it not "Come back when dying"...?

Might be that too! Works for me either way.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So for Claptrap self-heals, aside from his excellent Action Skill that fully regenerates himself, what skill is better for healing, Maniacal Laughter or the on-kills one?

I'm thinking Maniacal Laughter is better for bosses, and for teamwork, but...

Also, does his All The Things Are Awesome improve everyone in the team?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Matrix-7 posted:

Ah cool, I must be getting pretty close to that part then, thanks for the info. I haven't done any side-quests yet and wasn't sure if it was from one of those littered around Concordia. And yeah, having only 2 slots is a pain in the rear end.

You think it's a pain in the rear end for a regular character, it's even worse for a Fragmented Fragtrap.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Claptrap a decent solo character? I kind of want to try out a couple of the other characters.

Surprisingly so, particularly if you go down his left tree. I'm getting lots of free heals on kills and just unlocked a tier 2 ability that makes all of his regular bullets sometimes EXPLODE when shooting enemies. His Action Skill is good for variety's sake and at worst will at least heal you to full every time you use it.

(Getting Funzerker when you are using Tediore shotguns is AMAZING)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Looks like Athena doesn't have any health regen on her Maelstrom tree, so I guess if you were multi-treeing it'd be best to get it from her defensive left tree? I don't think it'd mesh well with the Xiphos bleed tree.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Whatever you say about the writing, whoever decided to call the Psychos "Lunatics" deserves a high five.

There's a lot of little things I like. Kraggons being asteroids monsters means they're not a reskin of skags, even if they are way more annoying to fight and resistant to heat weapons. I like the way containers in space will sometimes pop off their tops and the lid goes flying.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Welp a streamer got Jack's Body Double working somehow. He and the other lady are already on the game disc on consoles which is not surprising since they already said they were coming pretty early on (but people are still whining about it like big babies anyway). Click here if you wanna be spoiled on his action skill.

Haha, that's about what I figured that character would have. Nice.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Willhem Users: Does Supresssion (the thing in the left tree that improves your fire rate for you and for Wolf by a TON) does it trigger on Wolf killing something too or just yourself?

Basically I'm asking if I can just sit back and make Wolf murder EVERYTHING.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Athena's pretty cool and her left and right trees are pretty good. The middle tree is kind of weak because it's melee-focused and those always suck unless it's Krieg.

Anyway, I'm wondering how Jack's Double will play. In Borderlands 2, they saved the more complicated characters for DLC, so I'm wondering if he'll have some interesting mechanics like Gaige or Krieg.

Yeah, it looks interesting. Instead of summoning one pet, you summon MANY expendable doubles who just rush the enemy in a small flood.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"I will enjoy throwing your corpse on a jump pad and watch it soar through the air like a child's imagination!"

...Deadlift, why did I have to kill you? You were clearly not meant for a life of banditry.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Claptrap has TWO "make myself stronger when downed" skills. And a skill that lets him draw aggro and explode when in FFYL. Properly-specced he should be very, very, VERY difficult to kill.

The best-buds skill also makes everyone tougher and regenerate after reviving someone. He may be an even better team player than Maya was in Borderlands 2.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Athena loving rules, I've been playing her by just running up to enemies and tanking like a mofo with my shield.

Yup. She doesn't have many early-game regeneration abilities but she doesn't really NEED them since she just totally negates damage from the front.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Regarding that bikini photo the only one I dont' recognize is the brain-in-a-jar lady. Huh?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

He's putting on a nice face, but the big thing is that Jack IS an rear end in a top hat. He's just better at hiding it early on.

Yeah, basically you can only be an rear end in a top hat with impunity once you have power.

I am going to have SO much fun with the Doppleganger when it comes out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I got a sweet legendary at level 11, an OZ Kit of all things. Sweet.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Deadlift on TVHM really, really, really needs you to have a long-range shock weapon. If you don't, it's miserable.

One of the starting subquests always gives you a maliwan shock sniper rifle.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, Jack the Doppleganger looks like it'll be FUNNNN to play as. Go forth, expendable minions!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dopple Jack is pretty different from Willhelm, he doesn't get auto regeneration when his Digi Jacks are out.

Looking forward to trying out his skill that gives you different brand bonuses for weapon swapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm still working towards it, but what DOES Inspire do?

• Locked thread