Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm at the final boss entrance on tvhm, but the game thinks I need to go trough that shield a bit earlier in the game. I've gone through that whole map three times now and it hasn't triggered it for me. I shoot the shield, run through and... nothing happens. Dying and shooting it again does nothing either. Got bored and ran to the end but eh, it didn't update the objective.

edit: Hahaha quality testing, this happens to everyone soloing tvhm.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Mr E posted:

Yeah, as far as I know that code doesn't apply to the Pre-sequel, just the season pass. I just got the game over at Gametap for like 52 bucks, can't decide if I want to get the Season Pass now or hope it goes on sale at Christmas.

Don't quote me on that, but I have rarely seen brand new games (less than 3 months old) on sale on steam. They usually don't drop price until a few months at least.

If I remember correctly, and please keep in mind I have the memory of a goldfish, Borderlands 2 did not have its first sale until at least 6 months after being out.

I personally bought the season pass. The DLC's in borderlands 2 were well worth their prices, and I am edging my bet that I will enjoy this game just as much.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dalael posted:

Don't quote me on that, but I have rarely seen brand new games (less than 3 months old) on sale on steam. They usually don't drop price until a few months at least.

If I remember correctly, and please keep in mind I have the memory of a goldfish, Borderlands 2 did not have its first sale until at least 6 months after being out.

I personally bought the season pass. The DLC's in borderlands 2 were well worth their prices, and I am edging my bet that I will enjoy this game just as much.

Well I ended buying the season pass once the code worked on GMG anyway the next day after that post, I have no self control.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Finally beat the game. I gotta say, the story kinda blew. I think they were going for Jack progressing from a likable guy into the sociopath you fight in Borderlands 2, but him starting off as a total douchebag kinda ruins the progression. Then again, at least its ending is miles above that of Borderlands 1.

Out of the two orange weapons I picked up in the course of the game, both were lasers, and both sucked compared to the other green and blue lasers I already had. Oh well. The real star of the show was my level 15 Hyperion electro-shotgun, which out-dpsed every other gun I found except for my x2 shot cryo SMG. Building up 200 stacks of maelstrom with the shotgun while constantly butt-slamming, then switching to the SMG let me kill the final boss while barely taking any damage.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Jack basically goes from okay but kind of douchy, to "one guy tried shooting me when I was letting him go and now I am so GODDAMN PARANOID", to one particular event causing his brain to go full evil.

It wasn't really well done. Still, the individual character beats were nice for Jack, except for Felicity's murder. The "sorry we have to do this" dialogue feels halfhearted and it was intercut with him awing over how awesome it'll be.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Genocyber posted:

You mean Burch isn't the source of all the worlds evils? :(
Every joke that sounds like it came from the script of a Crocodile Dundee movie was written by the Aussies, as was most of the main story. Any joke that was directed at Americans? Those were Burch.

"Donuts. Cowboys. Homophobia."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Doodles posted:

Every joke that sounds like it came from the script of a Crocodile Dundee movie was written by the Aussies, as was most of the main story. Any joke that was directed at Americans? Those were Burch.

"Donuts. Cowboys. Homophobia."

I only need one of those words to tell you it's an Anthony Burch-written joke.

edit: It's cowboys. Anthony Burch hates cowboys.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Which is weird because if there was ever a sci-fi game that's tried really hard to evoke an old west aesthetic it's Borderlands.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

I'm at the final boss entrance on tvhm, but the game thinks I need to go trough that shield a bit earlier in the game. I've gone through that whole map three times now and it hasn't triggered it for me. I shoot the shield, run through and... nothing happens. Dying and shooting it again does nothing either. Got bored and ran to the end but eh, it didn't update the objective.

edit: Hahaha quality testing, this happens to everyone soloing tvhm.

Best bug workaround ever? Nobody soloing or in a regular multiplayer group can get past the cannon on tvhm. What you need to do is play up to that point and have a friend join with his level 1 character who will then shoot the cannon and run through it.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 17, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found a neat bug with the Nisha's pistol dual wield ability that lets you dual wield anything.
1. Have a full inventory
2. equip pistols
3. drop the weapon you want to dual wield on the ground
4. hold "e" to swap with your pistols

I can get this to work maybe 1/4 of the time and im not sure exactly what is triggering it. Switching weapons or anything that makes you lower the weapons cancels it. Zoning and getting in vehicles too.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I found a launcher that has a modifier that says "-60% Weapon Put Down Time." I haven't noticed anything different, however. Anyone know what this means mechanically?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostpilot posted:

I found a launcher that has a modifier that says "-60% Weapon Put Down Time." I haven't noticed anything different, however. Anyone know what this means mechanically?

does it unscope fast after firing? some launchers have a real slow animation after firing

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Just got this today, is there a loot table fix like for BL2?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

I found a neat bug with the Nisha's pistol dual wield ability that lets you dual wield anything.
1. Have a full inventory
2. equip pistols
3. drop the weapon you want to dual wield on the ground
4. hold "e" to swap with your pistols

I can get this to work maybe 1/4 of the time and im not sure exactly what is triggering it. Switching weapons or anything that makes you lower the weapons cancels it. Zoning and getting in vehicles too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNCLcQ9R-9w

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!

Speedball posted:

You think it's a pain in the rear end for a regular character, it's even worse for a Fragmented Fragtrap.

I'm playing as Fragtrap but haven't given that tree a whirl yet, whats it like?

Ghostpilot posted:

I had a launcher with this, and one without, the rockets fired from the one with the put down time seemed to dip alot faster than the one without. Not sure if thats what its related to though.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ghostpilot posted:

It has the quick weapons switch accessory that some rockets also had in BL2. The time it takes to pull it out and put it away is reduced by 60%. Very helpful for when you enter FFYL and want to use a rocket launcher for a quick revive.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Hey guys, this may be old news, but you can farm the armory after Zarpadon.

Right after killing zarpadon, exit, continue, you'll be in the tunnels with the electricity field. Go through, go in the door on the right next to the shop terminals, enjoy your loot fiesta.

rinse repeat as much as you want.

conveniently located 5 feet away from a shop!

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

goodness posted:

Just got this today, is there a loot table fix like for BL2?

yes, I posted one a couple pages back.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

5er posted:

I really want to like Nisha's super, but it has this irritating tendency to jump to targets spastically, and relentlessly fixate on targets occluded by the environment.

The targeting is extremely glitchy and loves locking on to things you can't shoot or would never want to shoot. The bullet speed usually isn't good enough for anything moving more than 20 feet away or so. The really annoying one for me is that unless you're holding down the button (read: no Jakobs) or have incredibly steady hands while mashing it, your target is effectively random.

Maybe unlocking having two guns or the bullet ricochet skills will change everything but at the moment I'm just waiting for a new version of Gibbed so I can create an equally leveled Athena.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Claptrap a decent solo character? I kind of want to try out a couple of the other characters.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

AHungryRobot posted:

Awesome thanks.

So the gunslinger is kinda eh so far. The ultimate is just confusing to use until you get a ton of practice. What class is just really fun? Claptrap a trap?

goodness fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 18, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Claptrap a decent solo character? I kind of want to try out a couple of the other characters.

Surprisingly so, particularly if you go down his left tree. I'm getting lots of free heals on kills and just unlocked a tier 2 ability that makes all of his regular bullets sometimes EXPLODE when shooting enemies. His Action Skill is good for variety's sake and at worst will at least heal you to full every time you use it.

(Getting Funzerker when you are using Tediore shotguns is AMAZING)

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Which character would be the best to use with shotguns? I thought possibly Athena.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Looks like Athena doesn't have any health regen on her Maelstrom tree, so I guess if you were multi-treeing it'd be best to get it from her defensive left tree? I don't think it'd mesh well with the Xiphos bleed tree.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

VibrioCholera posted:

Which character would be the best to use with shotguns? I thought possibly Athena.

Athena would probably be pretty good since her action skill encourages getting right up in things faces to eat bullets. Wilhelm also has class mods that increase shotgun damage, but then you would have to be a non-laser Wilhelm and that's just straight up playing the game wrong.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

AHungryRobot posted:

what the fudge do I actually do with that table and .ct file?

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

Good news guys, there is a working CE table for item rarity. Takes a bit of work to get going but it exists at least. First, download the table here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM&usp=sharing

I'm using the one with .ct on the end, not sure if there's any difference. Once you've got the table, follow this guy's instructions:

The changes don't take effect immediately so don't be disheartened if you don't notice anything right away. I'm getting purples out the rear end now.

I've been kinda struggling with this too, the table keeps throwing "invalid cheat table" and various lua errors, with or without the fix, I got it working for a bit then the game crashed and now the cheat table is all kinds of hosed.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sab669 posted:

So a medic vending machine had this for sale, cost me a lot of space bucks. Fifty thousand of them. My first legendary in the game.

:stonk:

hooooooly poo poo. I've only found a flakker and a bonus package so far. I'll...trade you?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Whatever you say about the writing, whoever decided to call the Psychos "Lunatics" deserves a high five.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I'm glad to see this game keeps the series' tradition of timed side missions that require you to quickly navigate uneven terrain in your lovely (moon) car.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Graviija posted:

I'm glad to see this game keeps the series' tradition of timed side missions that require you to quickly navigate uneven terrain in your lovely (moon) car.
At least the established solution still works: drive a car to the objective, drive a second car to the mission start, use the catch-a-ride to teleport yourself to the first car.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Whatever you say about the writing, whoever decided to call the Psychos "Lunatics" deserves a high five.

There's a lot of little things I like. Kraggons being asteroids monsters means they're not a reskin of skags, even if they are way more annoying to fight and resistant to heat weapons. I like the way containers in space will sometimes pop off their tops and the lid goes flying.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Salt Fish posted:

hooooooly poo poo. I've only found a flakker and a bonus package so far. I'll...trade you?

I've got three bonus packages and the guardian slayer legendary mod for wilhelm (not a fan of that).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Graviija posted:

There are lots of things that really surprise me about this game. Like the lack of a "Fill All Ammo" button. Nope. Got look at these arbitrary pictures of bullets and then mash purchase a bunch.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Dicky B posted:

At least the established solution still works: drive a car to the objective, drive a second car to the mission start, use the catch-a-ride to teleport yourself to the first car.

OMG! OMFG... I cannot believe, that I never used the teleport this way. I can't remember feeling this dumb before..

Seriously tho, the timed mission weren't so hard, which might explain why I never did use the teleport this way, but it doesn't change the fact that I never even thought about it.
Next playthrough is going to be so much easier

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Welp a streamer got Jack's Body Double working somehow. He and the other lady are already on the game disc on consoles which is not surprising since they already said they were coming pretty early on (but people are still whining about it like big babies anyway). Click here if you wanna be spoiled on his action skill.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Welp a streamer got Jack's Body Double working somehow. He and the other lady are already on the game disc on consoles which is not surprising since they already said they were coming pretty early on (but people are still whining about it like big babies anyway). Click here if you wanna be spoiled on his action skill.

Haha, that's about what I figured that character would have. Nice.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Fun bug that seems to pop up on the xbox version. Causes a lock up whenever you try to join someone elses game. Works fine to play solo and to have others join you, but you cant hop into anything without the xbox freezing up entirely. Cant figure out a cause, wiping profile data does nothing. Doesn't matter which character is selected.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game seems to have duplicated my Saint at some point on my Wilhelm run. Now every time I use my action skill he throws out two Saints and one Wolf. Is there a skill of his that I missed that causes him to push out two Saints instead of one upon using his action skill?

For reference, I'm only like level 12.

edit: Oh, wait, the first Saint just doesn't ever go away.

Weird. He just flies around me not doing anything like he's lakitu in Super Mario 64 or something.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Wilhelm with the cyber commando tree and an express shield is ace. His vengeance cannon is up pretty much any time he gets hit. Kind of risky since your health is going to get wrecked pretty regularly, but I like risky so that's fine.

• Locked thread