Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

pun pundit posted:

Higher gravity would do it.

Damnit this is basically the perfect answer to that question

They also explained on one of their twitter accounts that laser weapons and cryo weapons don't work on pandora because of the thicker atmosphere, which is why they're not in BL2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AirRaid posted:

I guess Doppelganger is going to the the Jack double that was mentioned at some point?

Yeah they said it at PAX. "Hey you guys wanna play as Handsome Jack?" (audience screams yes) "Okay I guess we're doing that then."

Probably had it planned before that, but yeah.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dangit my pre-load messed up and I have to redownload. :emo:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Edit: I'm a dumb and it's working now yay

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 13, 2014

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap is pretty drat amazing. Sometimes things happen and suddenly all of my laser ammo is gone and everything is dead.

This is especially great with the Tediore laser gun because then you just start throwing gun after gun after gun after gun

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I kind of hate myself because the Cathartic OZ Kit makes me laugh every goddamn time.

Also:

:allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah after switching from his Fragmented tree to the Boomtrap tree I'm having a much better time with Claptrap. I've got a maylay shield now too and it almost feels like I'm playing Krieg again.

Krieg with lasers. :allears:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You know, I was a little disappointed when I first discovered that relics were removed from the game...but the more I see of these Oz kits, the more I actually think the kits are a significant improvement over the relics and a decent replacement. Most ordinary relics gave a single bonus (or maybe two bonuses, excluding the stockpile ammo relics) but even really basic Oz kits do 2-4 different things that can really mix things up.

Same here. I've got one that gives me crazy fire rate and reload speed while I'm in the air, and I'm always in the air anyway. It's great.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I beat the game and there was no Krieg cameo 0/10 worst game ever

just kidding i liked it a lot 9/10

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Claptrap has the Krieg cameo.

I only got the Meat Unicycle action package like 3 times in the whole 20 hours I played :(

But I did kill like, all of the end game bosses with pirate ship cannonballs so that pretty much made up for it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Torgue Fiesta never really did very much for me, I could never actually hit things with the grenades and/or everything was already dead. I just love it for the music. :ese:

Other opinions on action packages: Blightbot and Gaigemode are both effective for killing stuff while the minibot distracts them, though Blightbot has the bonus of extra music as well. The Axton turret bot usually got thrown into a dumb location where it couldn't actually hit anything. Zer0 mode is good cause you can go hog wild while invisible. Funzerker is really great at killing everything really fast and then making me waste the rest of my ammo on the floor and walls. Rubberducky mode is great for spamming buttslams. Pirate Ship mode is a work of art.

Krieg mode didn't happen often enough :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

How is Athena's Xiphos tree? I'm kind of sad that the only thing I want to do right now is load up BL2 and play as Krieg for a while. I miss head explodey time :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I did every sidequest and including some extra stuff and standing around, my playthrough took 21 hours. Not bad! I'm gonna play through the game on TVHM too just to see if UVHM is the only unlock after it. Claptrap is so drat fun that I don't want to stop!

I also did all the sidequests etc. and mine also took about 22 hours. There was also that time where I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get up a goddamn platform but we will ignore that.

I want to try a runthrough as Athena but I just remembered that meatbags have to worry about oxygen. :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wdarkk posted:

How the hell do you get to Sub-Level 13?

And the shock drop pit?

I never found Sub-Level 13 but the shock drop pit I'm pretty sure is over by the basketball court in <whatever zone that was i don't remember>

dis astranagant posted:

So, what class does Mr. Torgue the proudest?

:torgue:Torgue Fiesta:torgue:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mastersord posted:

I'll join this club too. I can't find Claptrap annoying because everyone else in the game finds him annoying which makes me want to shove him in their faces even more until their eyes roll so fast they break the sound barrier!

I like all the characters! Yay!

I actually like Claptrap a lot more after playing through as him, he's quite a bit more sympathetic. And still funny.

He was always funny. :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Some extra golden keys from imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZtJyo1K

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I bought this thing off a vendor and it's amazing:

It can heal you, refill your shields, drop some ammo/health kits for you AND zaps melee enemies with lightning. And it makes beep boop noises! I love it!

I've noticed a HUGE uptick in legendaries in TVHM. I got the Nukem off of Flame Knuckle, the oz kit from a vendor and now a Four Seasons grenade off a badass kraggon. And I'm not even to Concordia yet. :psyduck:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap is SO ADORABLE when you see him in a co-op game as one of the other (taller) characters. He's so tiny. I want to hug him.

Also he holds his rocket launcher funny.

ArchRanger posted:

Got a hilarious glitch starting at the area before the final boss fight where for some reason the game was acting like I had zero shield recharge time so it was continuously filling. Since
I had a shield with some ridiculous recharge rate like 650, more than a 100 more than my capacity I was all but invincible. Soloed the raid boss only having to activate Athena's shield or dodge for a few of his most powerful attacks and other than that just stood still.

This seems to be a very common bug, I got it too when I was working my way to the final boss.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Slickdrac posted:

:stare: How do you get this pistol and what's the catch/lie about it?

It doesn't love you.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VideoGames posted:

not sure if you realise the gravity is different as Elpis is moslty an atmosphereless moon and pandora is a planet

I think the point is that Elpis has less gravity, which should make buggy jumping easier.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Oh god I activated Nel at level 33 and he and his adds are all level 49-50 :supaburn:

But I got a legendary pistol out of the chest at the top of one of the towers so booyah!!

It holds 1/7 of my total ammo in its clip. :psyduck:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mr E posted:

Yeah, I don't really have anything against Scooter, Brick and Mordecai.

Brick & Mordy 100 years

Also if Krieg does not somehow end up as a quest giver in a future game I will be upset.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I like how Krieg ends up being the least evil vault hunter in the franchise :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Krieg being Wilhelm doesn't make any sense, and Krieg being Tina's father was never officially confirmed by Gearbox.

The credits at the end of TPS show Wilhelm going full bald-guy cyborg and fighting alongside Jack looking just like he did in BL2.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah the Baroness looks way more interesting gameplay-wise than the Doppelganger. That sniping tree is hot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Man I can only hope the DLC packs for this game are anywhere near as good as BL2's DLC. That extra content is what really makes BL2 stand out in my opinion. I didn't play BL2 for more than like 2 hours when it first launched, but 9 months later I dumped 400 hours into it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I sure as hell didn't, because that Jackenstein boss on UVHM ~level 65 or so was intolerable.

Yeah that guy I had to cheese the gently caress out of using broken geometry. It's dumb.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap has all the ice puns on full lockdown. Including such greats as "Chill out!" and "ICE to meet you!" and "Freeze! ...I dunno why I said that!"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Doppelganger pack is coming out Nov 11. I missed the first part of the Pax Aus stream where they announced it so I dunno how much it will cost.

Also 3 golden keys from the stream: 55C3B-CW5BJ-JT3JJ-33JBJ-3RJ9W

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

Excuse me, you are forgetting Unstoppable Rampaging Psycho Beast Mode.

Objectively the best mode.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

to the underlying star wars story with the serial numbers filed off (Seriously its a man going from dubiously good to flat evil in the process of building a robot army to defeat the big bad space menace - to quote Jack, "ringin' any bells?")

poo poo, even I didn't really notice that. It's the Episode III of the Borderlands series.

watho posted:

I can't help but laugh at the name "Toby Van Adobe". That whole starwars parody or whatever quest is so stupid that it becomes amazing.

I love the super short-range melee laser you get from it too, it's so satisfying to use :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wyld Karde posted:

Heck, maybe come Borderlands 3 it'll be Athena filling that role, providing the voice of leadership and reason that the vault hunters and the Lance need, and that neither Lilith, Brick or Mordecai can provide.

I think it should be Maya honestly, she's probably the most sane person left on the whole drat planet.

But it kinda feels like the BL2 vault hunters have been left by the wayside. :ohdear: My last real hope to see anything else out of them is the Telltale game, which at least has Zer0 in it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lilith doesn't really bother me, I just kinda wish they hadn't decided to make her basically the main character of the whole franchise. There's other characters, Gearbox! They deserve love too!

Genocyber posted:

They could have had at least a few lines when they do the characters talking over Athena's story thing.

This is what I was really hoping for :(. Even just a mention or just showing them on screen would have made me happy.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pitchford just tweeted codes that redeem 20 Golden Keys :stare:

BL:TPS 20 GK:
PSN: C55BT-S95HR-FZT5J-H3K3J-5H5TW
Steam: C55BT-S95HK-HTT3J-B3J3J-5H5CR
Xbox Live: C55BT-S95CJ-CXX3R-C6J3J-5H5J3

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I won a few bowling trophies back in my day. Let's do this poo poo.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I expected it to be more Borderlands, and that's what it was! Yay! :buddy:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Skandranon posted:

I think it's a mistake to compare TPS to BL2 + all DLC. TPS just came out, a year from now it will be a more fair comparison. We all got what was promised, which was more Borderlands + low gravity and lasers. If you think of it as 4 character DLC + 2 campaign DLC, it's worth the price.

When BL2 first came out I only played it for maybe 2 hours before getting bored. So TPS is already ahead in that factor.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CJacobs posted:

edit: Inspire has been confirmed to do absolutely nothing but make Jack say more funny monologues. I am pleased with this outcome.

I'm miffed cause they're all excited about Jack having random monologues but they went and took away all of Krieg's monologues. :mad:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mycot posted:

Maybe if Krieg had his monologues assigned to a "Let's Meet the Meat" skill. (I know it was kinda skill based, but since it did other things at the same time, eh...)

I guess it was a bad idea tying it to the capstone skill, but still. Miffed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I don't suppose there's a thread for the Tales from the Borderlands game? Cause it comes out tomorrow! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sheesh. So many people think the story in BL2 is so bad, I'm curious what exactly you're comparing it to? I thought it was just fine for a game about shooting and looting. I don't expect a Game of Thrones level of story there.

If you want a good Borderlands story go play the Tales game. It's fantastic.

Also Krieg is still the best character and I'm pretty sure Burch had some hand in making/writing him, so you're all wrong and dumb.

• Locked thread