Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Kaethela posted:

There had better be an explanation as to why he loses the ability to go up stairs. :colbert:

Jack changes his tire tread from all terrain to non-stairs.

I'm kinda glad the game isn't going to be as long as BL2. I was so bored of the game after completing three playthroughs with a couple different characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Bugsy posted:

Knoxx was awesome and not just because it raised the level cap on BL1 to 61, but it gave the player access to Knoxx's vault which in true gearbox fashion was easy to get into a million times and not just the once twice for the mission. Crawmerax was decently easy once you figured out the ledges where that you can hide on. And the new rarity guns were nice to collect as well. Some of the lance soldiers were bullet sponges (especially the acid resistant ones) and Mr Shank could be a tough fight as well, but I think it is the best DLC they have done so far. I did not buy Tiny Tina's as I was burnt out of BL2 by the time it came out.

Plus there was a glitch that allowed you drop through the floor going into the Vault which meant you could farm it forever.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Alteisen posted:

The 2001 space odyssey reference was amazing and scary. :stare:

I loved this! I also got a pretty awesome purple shotgun from the chest at the end.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

AirRaid posted:

Start a new character, skip the cutscene and get to the character creation bit. I just wanted to look at a head I had unlocked for claptrap but I dont have a claptrap yet so I just looked at that then quit baack ot the mian menu. Upon slecting my Wilhelm again and continuing the game I got the Loyalty reward popups - 2 items and 30 moonstones. Sure enough I have 30 extra moonstones and the Bullpup and Smasher - Level appropriate.

Yeah you can do this infinitely it seems. Guess how I unlocked all of the bank, backpack and ammo upgrades at level 6 for all characters.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
BL3 needs some Tiny Tina as a playable character. I would love running around has her blowing stuff up. Also Torgue would be acceptable.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I've played up through the part where you find Zarpadon's old ship so I'm not very far into the game on play-through 1 but man do I hate low level Borderlands. I'm using Athena and I just hit level 16 with her. I feel her action skill does really nothing for me. Sure I block a lot of incoming damage but I feel I don't have enough skill points to even start a (good) character build.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Metrohunter posted:

Athena becomes a lot more active if you go down her elemental tree, if you haven't already. You do need to get at least like halfway down though, so you start getting the skill modifying stuff.

Yeah I have 5 points in the first two skills on the elemental tree and then the rest in the Aspis tree to get some longer duration and health regen. I can see her potential but I definitely find myself using her skill less and less each combat compared to when I played Gaige and Sal.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Skandranon posted:

Anarchy Gaige didn't need DeathTrap at all, you could go hours without summoning him. It's the mechanics of Anarchy that made her so awesome (+ infinity damage, -infinity accuracy, +50% richochet on all bullets)

Sure Anarchy Gaige didn't really NEED DeathTrap but I always summoned him regardless because why not have a little bit more DPS. Plus at level 61+ you could basically get all you need for from the Anarchy tree and the DT Tree.

I'll do a respec and focus on one tree for Athena until I have enough skill points to make it down another one.

I always find it kind of strange to have a game so focused on bazillions of gun options that a melee build is one of the strongest for two characters.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I liked Tiny Tina's the best then Torgue and Scarlett about the same. I am one of the weirdos who didn't hate Hammerlock's DLC but it was definitely my least favorite of the 4.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I'm wondering how a build like this would be for Athena. Constantly meleeing and shooting for stacks.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

orcane posted:

I was never able to activate the grinder after putting in the loyalty reward guns.

I don't think you can include red text blue weapons in a grinder recipe, at least I never got it to work when I tried.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Party Boat posted:

Is there anything to stop me from grabbing the Excalibastard and using the editor to level it up with me?

You could also farm infinite number of them apparently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0AahOg3W8

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Fought the powersuit guy in Eye of Helios the first time yesterday and he dropped the shooting star. Whelp looks like I should respec my elemental Athena to a melee build.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

hup posted:

What do his heads look like

This is very important

From the video, one head has a crown which just seems so fitting. I'd imagine most heads are similarly adorned.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Not sure if this was mentioned already but I am able to grind 3 legendary weapons and get a random legendary back with NO moonstone cost. I just spent a hour or so making a ton of weapons.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
The Baroness's Cryo tree has me intrigued as well.
Two quick builds
http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/55510100000050510101551510000000000000

http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/55500100000050500140550510000000000000

Not sure if the last 4 points are better spent for increased cryo DPS or gaining a bunch of the 1 skill point abilities. I cherrypicked a lot of good skills from the sniping tree without being 100% focused on sniper rifles.

I only play solo so her right tree is absolutely useless to me which is a shame.

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 17, 2014

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone else feel like SMGs are completely worthless in this game? I can find or grind an elemental pistol or laser pretty easily and the SMGs seem to have terrible core damage stats.

The Torrent and Hellfire beg to differ.

If anything feels worthless in these game it's definitely Snipers. Hopefully the Baroness's sniping skill tree will make them somewhat useful.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Tezzeract posted:

Hopefully they're good to make up for the less content. I know that the BL2 season pass wasn't really fun to solo outside of Tiny Tina and only had value when I was cooping.

I thought Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC were fun enough to play through. I loved Tiny Tina's DLC and Hammerlock's wasn't as bad as everyone says.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
If they allowed BL2 characters to play through BL:TPS and vice versa I would absolutely buy this.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Borderlands 3: Tiny Tina all the time.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Pope Guilty posted:

Running around as a Ceraunic Storm Athena with a Hellfire and that laser Moxxi gives you just before you go back to Helios is pretty loving amazing- I'm up to the last big map before Zarpedon, the one with the loaders you can turn into gun loaders and with the side quest to kill the couriers, and the Hellfire's kind of old so its damage is dropping off compared to enemy HP, but it sets people on fire so easily and reliably that it hardly matters. This skill tree's a blast.

If you can get a Storm Front then the real fun starts! Combine that with a bomber Oz kit and rain shock grenades all day.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Snuffman posted:

I only played about half of Captain Scarlett (seemed pretty good, new vehicles, neat area) but never touched the rest of the BL2 DLC (lost interest moved onto other games).

What's so bad about the Hammerlock DLC? I see everyone complaining about how awful it was and I'm genuinely curious.

I never really had a problem with it but the other three DLCs are have better quality and are better written. Play all of them.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Elderbean posted:

Also looking at mechromancer, any builds that work well for co-op?

Anarchy. Always go Anarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Moochewmoo posted:

So I got the handsome collection yesterday. Any absolutly great classes to play? Like really active murder character? I haven't played boarderlands game since it was released.

Gunzerker

• Locked thread