Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
On one hand I really like Borderlands.

On the other, they outright said they were thinking of charging less for it because it was only half as long as the other Borderlands games, then proceeded to charge full price for it.

I think I'm going to wait for people to start finishing it before I buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
:suicide:

Do Wilhelm and Athena look more viable for NG+ stuff then Axton was? I was the keystone of my team in BL1 with Roland ( because he was absurdly broken and far more powerful then Lilith thanks to stacking reload/damage buffs ), but ended up having to call in goon help on the final boss for Axton, because his skills/tree barely worked together.

I'm thinking of grabbing this game, but want to make sure the class I'll choose won't be useless come endgame again.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Axton's totally viable for NG+ poo poo, what are you talking about? I ought to slap you. His turret is always crap when dealing with any sort of enemy that is immune except for a specific "weak point" (I.E. the final boss, like you're saying), but that was hardly an issue.

This was at release, and apparently changed, but all his damage/reload buffs didn't stack properly, and they only applied to specific weapon types. Since I never found a single Assault Rifle in my playthrough of Borderlands 2 ( or anything higher then a green really, and almost all pistols/shotguns ), I was forced to use the turret. Which then didn't work on the final boss.

Needless to say I put the game down and never went back because of it.

Again, all that stuff got fixed later on, but by the time it did I stopped caring. I don't want to make the same mistake in PreSequel if I do end up picking it up.

{ I also might totally be hating on Axton for not being as good as Roland. Roland was broken as loving hell. I soloed every single bit of content in that game without any problems, levels below the recommended because he just was busted as hell. Playing with friends they let me be pointman because gently caress it, I could do everything. Then along came Borderlands 2 and I always felt like I was lagging behind/never getting the gear I needed to compete with Maya/Salvador's actives. )

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Damo posted:

Can't decide who to pick, Athena or Nisha.

Argh. Someone tell me who to play as.

Athena is Captain America. How is this a choice man.

You can eventually have her shield ricochet!

e: I am annoyed that the damage the shield can do is apparently capped by your level. Guessing it's going to be fairly useless for damage in NG+ because of it, but hey, free invulnerability/buffs for the team.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Skandranon posted:

I'm not so sure I buy that anymore. Just playing BL2, yeah, they are the good guys. But knowing now what they kept secret from the BL2 crew makes everything else they said throughout the entire game dubious at best. Were they 'selflessly protecting people from Hyperion' or 'gathering what troops they could around them to save their own hides'? I don't know, and I'm not giving them the benefit of doubt any more.

Isn't it pretty much outright said that Roland actually does/did care about the people of Pandora, and did his best to protect them, Brick/Mordecai do not give any shits and are just following his lead because they are his friends, and Lilith just wants to protect herself because she's public enemy #1.

I mean hell, he got fired for not being a sociopath, and Lilith broke up with him because he put defending the people of Pandora above her. He seems like a generally alright guy in a really lovely situation.

I haven't played Presequel yet, so he might do something really dumb, but BL2 also presented the idea that he's kind of submissive personality wise, and Lilith takes over his voice whenever she wants to, so it's not exactly difficult to assume that he's just following along with what she is because he doesn't want to make her angry. Hell, even in BL2 it was pretty obvious she wasn't exactly an angel of a character and Mordecai/Brick split to get away from her.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 23, 2014

• Locked thread