Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
I am rather excited about this - Borderlands 1&2 have been my go-to games for silly shooty fun for ages now. Can't believe I'm even considering playing as Claptrap, but holy crap, pirate ship mode!

Anyway, noticed a lot of PC hardware comes with a free code for pre-sequel, but sadly none of the PC hardware I have recently bought.

Do have a Watch_Dogs key via motherboard that I have no interest in though, and also an extra one for Divinity: Original Sin from backing that, and would happily swap either or both for a BL pre-sequel key, if anyone here has a spare.

Posted in game swap thread too:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1907653&pagenumber=325#post435215672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

wdarkk posted:

Jesus the baroness's cold tree looks amazing.

You can have your cold tree, and best of luck with it. I'll take the huntress - that looks utterly nuts, and everything Zero should have been.

I love sniping in Borderlands, and while Nisha makes it stupidly effective, it does remove some (ok, all) of the skill. Bonus damage at range though, and all the other perks...I now want this.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

edit: Is there a text version of Aurelia's skill tree out there yet? I don't wanna listen to some nerd ramble on about it for half an hour.

I watched a nerd ramble on.

I hate that poo poo too, but it is one of the most promising things I have seen for one of my favourite games, so here is the 'Huntress' tree:

Action Skill - Cold as Ice - throw frost diadem shard - automatically seeks out & attacks enemies dealing cryo damage (duration 21 secs, cooldown 21 secs)

T1:

Markswoman - Crit +6%, Aim Speed + 20%
Only the Best - Bullet speed +10%, Gun damage +6%

T2:

Culling the Herd - + Gun damage (8%, few seconds) with all weapons after crit

Warning Shot - + 7% Fire rate, 9% Acc, 7%Crit damage after MISSING WITH SNIPER. Also, chance for next shot to not use ammo (9%?)

Long Range Killer - Bonus damage based on distance to enemy, up to 60%

T3:

Silver Lining - Kill with crit, add a bullet to magazine (oh yeah!)

T4:

I Never Miss - Sniper rifle hits stack this up to 999 for 0.4% sniper crit bonus each (presumably damage?). Lose all stacks when you miss.

Wait for it - Miss with sniper rifle, gain .9% sniper damage per stack, up to...999. Lose all stacks on any damage with any weapon.

Magic Bullet - Sniper crits give health regen for you, based on distance (closer the better, up to 5% per sec). Also creates healing nova for other players based on distance (further the better, up to 25% max health) which also give second wind* to anyone in it.

T5:

Large Caliber - Decreased mag size (-17%), increased gun damage (+9%), all weapons

Scramble - After receiving melee damage**, +movement speed (6%), weapon swap speed (+10%), weapon damage (+7%)

Capstone:

Custom loads - When zoomed with sniper rifle, you have a timed spinny wheel thing where you get to pick an elemental type to apply to your shot, and a crit creates a nova of that type.

Can't be arsed with the other trees, that was enough :effort:

Also, I have probably made a typo or two, and there's a non-zero chance this whole thing is just a wind-up, but holy poo poo, I want OP Borderlands sniping to be a thing!

*Emergency healer-sniper FTW!

**why are you receiving melee damage?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

FAUXTON posted:

Are there any classes (TPS or prior Borderlands) that have a skill which boosts effectiveness of Tediore reloads?

After getting a hang for these cheap plastic grenades with triggers, I want to see if Gearbox/2K has decided to cater to Tediore enjoyment by enabling some form of built which centers around winging these things at enemies like Bruce Wayne from hell. A Gatman build based on hurling explosive gatarangs at scavs.

I'm not sure that qualifies as explosive damage, but it really ought to, and if so, then Axton is your go-to choice. Any +grenade damage applies to all :torgue: explosive damage I think.

xiansi fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 28, 2014

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Bold Robot posted:

Are any of the characters notably shittier than the other classes (e.g. Zer0 in BL2)?

Zero wasn't notably shittier by any reckoning, especially before UVHM became a thing. He was surprisingly average at sniping though, which is what I wanted to do with him.

If you liked what Zero should have been, then Nisha is the obvious choice, though you may either love or hate the action skill.

Some will say Wilhelm is mediocre, no-one will deny Claptrap is very random, but none of the characters are lovely.

Speaking as someone who plays solo, isn't terribly interested in 'end game grinding', and will happily play one class to 50, then cheat a bit with the others, and then wait for an expansion for more toys...play Nisha.

• Locked thread