Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Pre-ordered for Xbox360 looking forward to playing with Goons. I let Gold run out before school started but I will be resubbing before this ships. I like "only found/dropped equipment" runs and duping/trading equipment with goons.

Hambonius 0mega (the '"0" in Omega is a zero)

I will play the poo poo out of this game and I will enjoy it. Who cares if there are memes or catchphrases, I can't hear them over shooting.
The only thing I ask for is skippable cutscenes...Oh crap is you Hyperion! I heard you guys were robots and stuff and ate metal out of garbage cans...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
So if I pre-ordered for Xbox360 through EB Games, do I need to tell Gearbox I have it coming to get key offers?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Got a taste.

A TASTE

I will not play Borderlands "3" again until Friday after Midterms. :eng99:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Xbox360 playing now

Hambonius 0mega (the "0" in omega is a zero)

I have a lvl 11 Athena and 2 characters still available to start. Like playing with goons and friends of goons, don't like public. Just started this weekend so I don't even have one playthrough done

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Well for the second time everything in my stash has disappeared.
Badass points keep getting reset but I can recover them by loading the different characters. Still I have to redo all the points again.

Also got this going on

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
After a long break I am going to be playing this again on Xbox 360. I didn't get through the 500+ posts I have missed since I last played, so sorry if this has been covered: Does anyone else have a problem with headaches playing this game? No problem with BL 1 or 2, or anything other FPS, no change in tv. I think my brain might be allergic to the overall blue h

I'm pretty decent in a fight and like playing with goons. My equipment is probably a joke

GT- Hambonius 0mega (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Chasiubao posted:

Zarpedon is kicking my rear end if anyone is around on 360 to help in TVHM :smith:

What is your xbox handle? Mine is "Hambonius 0mega" (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Chasiubao posted:

Mr SuCu. Sent you both an invite.

Sorry had a busy weekend. I have accepted

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I found away to farm really easy. Do the "Capture Wraiths" mission and farm it as usual except you use the Stimulating Iterated Blaster (see crappy img). It's an electric glitch laser that has two special modes: Red mode fires slow, powerful shots that cost several rounds each and Gold mode with rapid fire, continuous fire, and ammo reload on kill that is fast enough to fill the gun faster than you can expend rounds. Trigger Fire Wraiths, position yourself close enough that you get oxygen canisters and that you are doing critical headshots upon spawn. Effects are random so keep continuously shooting until the gun turns gold, confirm your aim, turn off vibration and put down controller, turn 360 and walk away

edit: I use this gun because it's electrical, I am not sure the powers of other glitch weapons so maybe this works for a variety of weapons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 15, 2015

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Greenplastic posted:

The error code indicates the chance of each glitch effect occuring, from 0-4. Yours is O2 L4 M1 A0, so it has a very high chance of the Loop glitch. Any good autofire-gun, especially lasers will work for this. Good tip!

I edited my post again because I left out a key part; that laser is auto-firing in gold mode so you don't even have to hold the trigger. I am cleaning the house and I just occasionally pop back to jiggle the controls a bit.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Greenplastic posted:

That's great. Is it netting you XP enough to level or are you doing it for the moonstones and stuff?

Both, gone from 51 to 54 in a decent amount of time. Turned on a second controller and loaded a character from my storage account. It went from 1 to 42 in the same amount of time

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
I have stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back

As I inched my way towards the more rapidly respawning wraithes I became uneasy. It was that voice, that "not Gladstone" voice.
No No Mate No No Mate Don't bloody kill the little blighters.
I hadn't muted the volume before I got into position as to aid me in using a weapons special power.
The chanting from that horrible voice actor begins to increase to a feverish pitch.
I hear the sound and see my gun turn gold. This is what I have been waiting for
As I angle my now perma-firing, perma-reloading gun into the optimum critical position
I stop for a moment to watch the never ending death dance of the wraiths
The word critical, in red. Pulling away from me for an eternity
Meaningless blue numbers are lost the frantic pink lightning
Items flit across screen, enough to catch your eye but nay enough time to decipher.
I have stared into the abyss
And the abyss wants you to get your head in the game
We're trying to capture them here

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Solumin posted:

I play Athena too, and I haven't had this problem. I'm guessing you use the Ceraunic Storm tree? Switching weapons has a lot of advantages, between not worrying about reloading (since swap is almost always faster) and getting the Storm Weaving buff. Plus having 4 different weapons means I don't run out of ammo as quickly. I usually end up with 3 shock weapons and a backup incendiary weapon.

That said, the Vibrapulse is really, really good.

Athena was the only character I played as until the Baroness came along. My love for Athena started to wain: 1. Claptastic Voyage; can't inflict bleed on final boss and high risk of melee launching you to your death. 2. The Baroness is a lot easier to play, in fact it was unsettling at first. I kept feeling like I forgot something. I don't have to jump in the air every x seconds while switching my guns every x seconds while angling my body to absorb the most damage while hoping my next melee hits and I don't get stuck on the environment or launch off it.

I just solo'd Shadow-Trp with my Baroness using a non-optimal build and decent but not great gear (Moxxi's vibrapulse can't hit final form from where I fight, bye bye electric dmg :I)

Here is my pro-strategy guide:
1. Find the ribcage like area with 2 ammo spawns
2. Be cheap as gently caress
3. Waste an hour

Result: some assorted purples and a 70 Considered Cheat Code Leg. SMG. The mission reward, the same SMG.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Solumin posted:

I haven't touched Athena's Melee tree at all, since I had my fill of that with Zer0 in BL2. I'll take your word for it though.
Ceraunic Storm ( + Phalanx for more shield fun) isn't like that at all though. Maybe I just enjoy really easy stack building, but "just keep firing!!" isn't a bad way to play a Borderlands game.

Baroness sounds fun, but I don't have the DLC yet. :v:

Unrelated: I was playing Nisha in Normal mode. For some reason, every enemy in Tycho's Ribs (the final area before Eleseer) dropped white incendiary lasers. No other gun drops, just White. Incendiary. Lasers. (I think they were different kinds of lasers though, not all Splitters or Blasters.)
Bug? Bizarre pRNG behavior? Working as intended? Who knows!

It's the same for me. My theory is that they are the most "lost" of the legion and they only have their basic military gear which they don't need because hurf durf blurf and poo poo

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

HAmbONE posted:

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I found away to farm really easy. Do the "Capture Wraiths" mission and farm it as usual except you use the Stimulating Iterated Blaster (see crappy img). It's an electric glitch laser that has two special modes: Red mode fires slow, powerful shots that cost several rounds each and Gold mode with rapid fire, continuous fire, and ammo reload on kill that is fast enough to fill the gun faster than you can expend rounds. Trigger Fire Wraiths, position yourself close enough that you get oxygen canisters and that you are doing critical headshots upon spawn. Effects are random so keep continuously shooting until the gun turns gold, confirm your aim, turn off vibration and put down controller, turn 360 and walk away

edit: I use this gun because it's electrical, I am not sure the powers of other glitch weapons so maybe this works for a variety of weapons.

So I started playing again with the Doppleganger character, speed run with several sets of increasing level equipment from other characters. Blew through story and passed UVHM at lvl 40. Went to go do the wraith mission with my magic farming glitch laser...

The "yellow mode" of the laser has changed since the last patch. It is now a burst fire mode with no magazine refill ability. I tried just sitting there holding the trigger but I swear the purple flashing lightning effect gives me brain cancer. Looking it up online I didn't realize that this was the way this mode was supposed to work? I liked mine better, there is now no reason for me really to use glitch weapons over consistent weapons

I am now at lvl 55 after constantly running Red & Belly, I don't think I am going to make it to 70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Recently upgraded to the Xbox One and picked up a used Handsome Jack Collection, going to be doing it all over again.

Xbox: Hambonius 0mega (the "0" is a zero)

• Locked thread