Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
My only concern for this game is the environments, when they first announced it my first thought was they'd be really samey but I assumed they would show off more variety in the subsequent trailers if they could, but it's all been gun metal grey corridors or out on the surface of the moon. I know that's kinda what they have to do but I hope they have a bit more variety up their sleeves.

Also you should unlock all four weapon slots way faster than you did in BL2 (and BL1? I can't remember how long it took in that game).

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Got to play this today at EGX, kinda came away feeling a whole lot better about it (and I was already almost definitely going to buy it). It was true vault hunter mode, I assume relatively early in the game during tvhm since the enemies were around level 36. We had slightly higher characters cause it was a demo obviously. I jumped in with Willhelm and just spammed my points into his cyborg tree, wanted the rocket punch and ability to sprint whilst shooting with great accuracy, never noticed the final skill going off really but found that I either had full health or very little health if I was being dumb and my special wasn't out. Had a dahl laser cannon that fired half it's clip when zoomed in and was incredibly awesome feeling, kinda like a burst fire railgun. My friend had one that was just a constant stream, like a proton pack or the alt fire on the energy rifle from UT. Area was a pretty standard borderlandsy dungeon, on a spaceship, fighting through it and occasionally outside it. Decent variety of enemies and background chatter, already noticed a couple different lines of dialogue from my guy and my mates character (playing as Nisha). So yeah, felt like more Borderlands and solidified my desire to buy it and play it when it comes out.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Nah nothing like that, the gunplay is more aerial and the buttstomp is very powerful (had five ranks in the skill that powers it up for Willhelm though) but the most you get is a double jump and a kind of glide thing, though that may have been my equipped oz kit.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It feels like an arkham origins more than a saints row: gat out of hell to me. The new playable characters are the main attraction for me though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The grinder hopefully can be a source of legendaries. MAybe 3 purps for one or something. Moonstone also seems to be a "enhancing" ingredient and theres even "recipes" so you can probably direct the randomness somewhat.

There's an achievement for getting a legendary from the grinder so it's definitely possible.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So if you order through GreenManGaming how do you get the pre order DLC for the shock drop orbital pitt or whatever it's called? Redeemed the game on steam and it's preloading now for friday but I didn't get any code for the DLC.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

It'll be automatic. I got BL2 from them without issue.

Cool, thanks. I assumed that's what the "yes" answer on the last page meant as well even though it wasn't really a yes or no kind of question.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

fookolt posted:

What class are people playing? I was the Siren in the previous two games but I don't know if there's something similar here. I want to cause a lot of different kinds of elemental damage.

Probably Athena, she gets one skill tree that has lots of different stuff that keys off elemental damage types. Claptrap has some stuff to do with elements too.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 13, 2014

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It was a fair bit of time in BL2 as well. Like, after the dam mission right and then when you return to Sanctuary after it starts flying?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd like them to have every manufacturer make every gun type. A Jakobs rocket launcher would basically be a giant shoulder mounted revolver that fires huge fuckoff bullets.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 11, 2014

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

What was wrong with the DLC? Were the new characters not good?

Personally the characters look awesome, I'd just rather play as them in a better game. Like BL2 for example. I've played that game to at least level 30 on every character and still enjoy it whereas I can't picture myself levelling even one more character on the pre sequel. Just too many areas with massive stretches of no enemies or shitloads of backtracking.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

New hotfix triples the drop rates for Legendary items permanently. Applies to all versions of both 2 and TPS.

Even the old standalone ones?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone got any crazy krieg (or others) heads that they wouldn't mind duping for me? Had loads of cool ones on the 360 version but me and two mates are about to start playing co-op on the pc version thanks to the humble sale.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If you didn't like base bl1 then you probably won't like the dlc especially since you'd have to play the entire game pretty much to get to it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So that save editor that I got recommended a few posts back, is anything you can do with that thing kosher and unlikely to get me banned from Steam? Kinda want to play around with a high level character in Pre Sequel but playing through the whole game again to do it is not so appealing so was going to bust it up a bit (pretty sure that's an option anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

WarLocke posted:

My experience with the Pre-Sequel is that the base droprate is tuned way higher. You'll find a lot more blues/purples 'naturally' and legendaries actually drop more than once a playthrough.

Plus, the vending machines all scale to your level (and thus may have actual useful stuff in them, including possible legendaries as items-of-the-day).

And there's the Grinder for mashing up lovely guns into purple/legendary ones.

I have a Jack at level 19 or so who's already come across 5 or 6 legendaries.

Haha, I had the exact opposite with Pre Sequel. Had two of the same legendary grenade mod drop and then one more that I can't remember. This was in Co-op as well, whereas in Borderlands 2 I got shitloads even on my lone playthrough and even more in co-op.

• Locked thread