Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:aaaaa:

:allears:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

:vince:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I can't wait to read that post in UVHM!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Thanks Salt Fish, this is the most entertainment I've gotten out of this game in weeks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

loving beautiful. The only way it could be truer to the past hour or two of my game time would be if I was reading the forums on 56k.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
These skill trees keep getting wordier with every game, what character do I play when I want an uncomplicated shoot bullets at mans type character? I tend to gravitate to a build of battle rifles(vladof snipers basically) and a short range bullet hose as backup if that helps.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Asehujiko posted:

These skill trees keep getting wordier with every game, what character do I play when I want an uncomplicated shoot bullets at mans type character? I tend to gravitate to a build of battle rifles(vladof snipers basically) and a short range bullet hose as backup if that helps.

Uncomplicated shoot at people

I would say nunsha the gunslinger

She is all about shooting and head shots

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Asehujiko posted:

You want Nisha the Gunslinger

Or you can wait for the second extra character who's supposed to be a kickin rad sniper lady

vvvvv

Doppelganger Jack also has a set it and forget it skill, and his right tree's capstone can be useful for guns and stuff

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 26, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Wilhem is also good. Potentially better since his action skill is a use and forget one.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Got this for Christmas. Pretty fun shootin' stuff so far, although the difference between the Deadlift fight with and without the sniper rifle you get from that one side quest is really jarring.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Goddrat!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

Athena is pretty good for this, if you take her rightmost tree. She has a bunch of skills that increase fire rate, plus another that can make your guns not consume ammo. But those skills work best if you only use shock and fire gear. Her action skill is cool. I'm really enjoying it after several hundred hours of melee Zer0 in BL2.

But Nisha is probably better for what you want. They both make great bullet hoses.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It's either a good thing or a bad thing that the answer to the question "I want to just shoot things, which class should I play?" is every single available class.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's either a good thing or a bad thing that the answer to the question "I want to just shoot things, which class should I play?" is every single available class.

No one said Claptrap!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Honestly the most shootingest shootman in this game is Nisha. The rest may be kind of simple but she seems to have the most gun related skills.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

This game loving sucks. Sucks big ugly cancer ridden hairy elephantine balls. It goes up its own rear end to try ti shed the stink it carries

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
The last area sure had a lot of bugs, mostly environmental.

Treasure of China
May 12, 2001

donkey salami posted:

This game loving sucks. Sucks big ugly cancer ridden hairy elephantine balls. It goes up its own rear end to try ti shed the stink it carries

Kinda is actually the same thing I got from anyone else I know that has it. Myself included. I wanted to like it but that poo poo just ain't happening.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I will confess to drunk posting last night. I usually don't get that worked up over a game.

But was starting true vault mode. That first section. You have to jump and grab echo log and fall to die. Need for sniper rifle.

Just keep jumping and clicking but wouldn't give me the log

That first level has that and couple buggy jumps that have to be pretty exact. I can't wait to get out of there

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
You don't actually need to die. There is a ledge you can land on that has a geyser on it. You can actually take off from that geyser, grab the ECHO, and land back on the ledge. Remember, you can double jump and change direction in mid air.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Skandranon posted:

You don't actually need to die. There is a ledge you can land on that has a geyser on it. You can actually take off from that geyser, grab the ECHO, and land back on the ledge. Remember, you can double jump and change direction in mid air.

That's why this is the only 1-st person game where I don't 100% hate jumping puzzles.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Skandranon posted:

That will help

Will try next time

Thanks!

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

donkey salami posted:

That will help

Will try next time

Thanks!

1 step away from shredding conc maps in TFC ^^^^^ (Now I wants concs again)

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Skandranon posted:

You can also just walk off the ledge and use the air boost to slow your fall, giving you more time to grab it. Got it on the first try when I got to that one, despite being so blazed that I barely knew which game I was playing.

Air boost is the best feature of any game ever and should never not be used.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nastyman posted:

You can also just walk off the ledge and use the air boost to slow your fall, giving you more time to grab it. Got it on the first try when I got to that one, despite being so blazed that I barely knew which game I was playing.

Air boost is the best feature of any game ever and should never not be used.

Not having to breathe and just air boostin erry day is why you should never not play Claptrap.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Does anyone still play this? I picked it up on GMG when it was on sale but it seems pretty dead, I can never find a game to join. Should I write it off as a loss?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Does anyone still play this? I picked it up on GMG when it was on sale but it seems pretty dead, I can never find a game to join. Should I write it off as a loss?

I wanna say "It had potential then Gearbox dicked it wrong" at this stage of the game's life.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

widespread posted:

then Gearbox dicked it wrong

What happened exactly?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Error 404 posted:

What happened exactly?

Pretty lovely DLC so far.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Genocyber posted:

Pretty lovely DLC so far.

lovely DLC and the base game being Gearbox's version of Dragon Age 2.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Error 404 posted:

What happened exactly?

See every post above that. Also ask anyone.
I get the feeling if BL3 ever exists, it could either be the best thing ever... or an example of how not to do a multi-installment series past 3 or 4.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

widespread posted:

See every post above that. Also ask anyone.
I get the feeling if BL3 ever exists, it could either be the best thing ever... or an example of how not to do a multi-installment series past 3 or 4.

I really wouldn't mind if Gearbox shelved Borderlands as a franchise for a few years so it feels a bit more fresh when BL3 inevitably comes out

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Dr.Smasher posted:

I really wouldn't mind if Gearbox shelved Borderlands as a franchise for a few years so it feels a bit more fresh when BL3 inevitably comes out

But whenever they make something else it ends really poorly. Sometimes with embezzlement.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What was wrong with the DLC? Were the new characters not good?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

FactsAreUseless posted:

The one we've got so far is great. People are just mad about the holodorome.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Personally the characters look awesome, I'd just rather play as them in a better game. Like BL2 for example. I've played that game to at least level 30 on every character and still enjoy it whereas I can't picture myself levelling even one more character on the pre sequel. Just too many areas with massive stretches of no enemies or shitloads of backtracking.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think that part of the problem people have with the DLC is that with the announcement of there only being one piece of campaign DLC, there's the very real possibility that the whole thing is going to be smaller and significantly less varied than base game BL2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Jibo posted:

I think that part of the problem people have with the DLC is that with the announcement of there only being one piece of campaign DLC, there's the very real possibility that the whole thing is going to be smaller and significantly less varied than base game BL2.

I think that's beyond "possibility" now. BL2 was huge, and then the DLC added more hugeness. Not necessarily all great hugeness but lots of content.

TPS is going to end up smaller, but I don't think they've really tried to say otherwise ever so i dunno what people are acting all surprised and butthurt about.

• Locked thread