Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

I'm having a good time with this, generally! The Level-5 recipe of endless crafting and endless grinding quests somehow directly speaks to me in ways I don't really understand :V I can see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea though.

Regarding the DLC - is it worth getting it straight away or is it mostly late-game content? £7 for DLC is a bit steep right now for me, especially as you can't multiplayer up with people who don't have the DLC, you have to either both have it or both not have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

You can buy and wear cute clothes, and also make your own through the tailor Life. I don't think there's as many customisation options as ACNL but there is a decent variety of clothing available.

Not as much furniture variation though.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Corridor posted:

do the npcs level up too? do you have to level them up to get them good?

They do level up as you do, yeah, but I think if you have had someone in your party for ages to make them level up you have to kick them out of your party.

The DLC adds some friendship stuff to the Allies but I don't have it so I don't know.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Anyone got any suggestions for making the grind to Legend ranks less tedious for Cook/Tailor? Crafting the items is fine enough but getting all the skills up to 15 seems like it could take a while when mine are all sitting at 10.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Corridor posted:

protecting bounties sounds good. so many times i've had some tough boss all boxed up, and then lost it because a trash mob whacked it and it fell off my conga line, and then i accidentally broke it trying to smack the trash mob away.

Yeah protecting bounties is the main thing that the horse is super-useful for, as well as moving fast across the map not using SP. Additionally you can call your horse to you when you warp to any towns - just go chat to the turtle/camel stable owners and they will call your horse to you.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

John Quixote posted:

I've already maxed out Focus but should I pump intelligence or luck first? Luck would give me better drops but I could use Int to branch into more jobs, like wizardry and alchemy. I wonder what'd be more worth it now. Even though I'm going into the gathering jobs, I'm sure the Int would help those out too, right?
(e: Nevermind, looking it up it looks like it helps the crafting classes more. I'll probably start pumping Luck.)

It really doesn't matter what you put points into as you can respect at any time post-plot, and you pretty much need to do that to suit each Life to do some of the Hero+ quests. How the stats affect each skill is listed here but you definitely need Strength for high-end Miner and Woodcutter.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

For those of you interested in how the God-rank Alchemy and Cook recipes that give you perma-stat increases work when respeccing - you have the option to either respec just your level-up points, or delete your candy points and respec your level-up points. You can only have an extra 100 candy points in total, and if you use the Tome or Mirror to reset your stats and delete your candy points you don't get them back and all your precious candies were wasted.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Sounds about right, but you can only put 100 in each stat.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

God Time is what you activate in certain Lifes once you reach God rank and fill up your special gauge twice.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971712-fantasy-life/70456772

This link gives you a list of all the additional items that you can add while crafting as well as the appliques! It's ridiculous that it doesn't tell you this in game, particularly for the things like scales and fish fins which give you no clues.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

Now if only I hadn't triggered the Creator Miner quest before killing the Blaze Wraith. There's a giant turtle boss there instead. :mad:

I think a few people have been caught out by this - you can always go back and decline the Special Requests from the Life Master at any point to turn off the spawns - but you do have to be the appropriate Life to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

You can get duplicates one after the other, it's super annoying :|

• Locked thread