Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koke
Sep 22, 2014

Hey guys, what's everyone playing at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
fire emblem awakening and persona 4 golden ng+

portable lyfe

Koke
Sep 22, 2014

I played Fire Emblem on the 3DS for a while but I personally didn't find it that great.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Koke posted:

I played Fire Emblem on the 3DS for a while but I personally didn't find it that great.

Was it too easy? I had to crank the difficulty up. It could use voice acting but otherwise it's a solid strategy game with fantastic presentation.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I started Wasteland 2 but then Defense Grid 2 came out, sooo

Koke
Sep 22, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

Was it too easy? I had to crank the difficulty up. It could use voice acting but otherwise it's a solid strategy game with fantastic presentation.

It was pretty easy yeah, maybe I will give it another go.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fire emblem is a bad strategy game but a good anime eugenics and relationship game

I have been playing curtain call mostly the last few days

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

ArcheAge, its ok

Falaflame
Dec 27, 2012
romance of the three kingdoms xi

it's fun

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i just got done playing curtain call and will probably play dissidia 012 while watching gundam after i do some stuff

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
monster hunter

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
working on an EYE gamemode with Souls-style invasion multiplayer. Having some difficulties with the faction-picker entity, and fuckin' Struemon hasn't messaged me back yet

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
seriously if anyone knows how to look at the guts of individual entities in Hammer some help would be much appreciated.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Schnedwob posted:

working on an EYE gamemode with Souls-style invasion multiplayer. Having some difficulties with the faction-picker entity, and fuckin' Struemon hasn't messaged me back yet

you're incredibly cool

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Though that may be read sarcastically, it's not, and anybody that mods EYE is really cool

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

fronz posted:

you're incredibly cool

the eventual idea is to make a full campaign with the invasion thing being plot relevant but gently caress if I know how I'm gonna get it to work.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm not sure whether I should start playing Wasteland 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
id offer to help if I had relevant skills or time I was willing to spend on it but alas

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
I'm playing Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the PSP (I think it's on PS2 as well? but maybe not in English?). It's actually the first old game that has managed to keep my attention in quite awhile.

If you're wondering, it's a TRPG where everyone is moving at once on a non grid based map. It actually has a pretty decent/dark story for a video game, and I was just legitimately creeped out by something that just happened. It also has a bunch of relationship mechanics, idk they're alright.

I wouldn't even say it's terribly grindy, but it also lends itself well to the dirty emulator speed up button in battles.

I would recommend this game :)

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Icewind Dale and Super Mario Galaxy at the moment. Both classic games for different reasons, just how I like my games.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'm not currently playing anything because I'm busy posting in this piece of poo poo thread, op.

But earlier I was playing Gravity Rush, and now that I finally have something to hook my 360 up to (my new monitor arrived) I will be passing the time until my computer is repaired by beating XCOM: Enemy Within over and over and over and over

With occasional spurts of Revengeance when I tire of bulky mandudes shooting aliens in the face

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

psymonkey posted:

I'm playing Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the PSP (I think it's on PS2 as well? but maybe not in English?). It's actually the first old game that has managed to keep my attention in quite awhile.

If you're wondering, it's a TRPG where everyone is moving at once on a non grid based map. It actually has a pretty decent/dark story for a video game, and I was just legitimately creeped out by something that just happened. It also has a bunch of relationship mechanics, idk they're alright.

I wouldn't even say it's terribly grindy, but it also lends itself well to the dirty emulator speed up button in battles.

I would recommend this game :)

Reminds me of Chronicles of the Sword mode, seems cool.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

A bunch of games I already beat multiple times, to try and recapture the joyful glow of my youth now that I am faced with the bleak, bitter, cynical existence I shuffle through today.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
been playing bravely default which has caused me to remember why I never finish jrpgs. Namely, that I enjoy the world building and (sometimes) the characters, but hate the gameplay. I know it appeals to a lot of people, but getting to a new boss only to once again realize that no matter how strong I get new enemies will always do half of my health in one hit is incredibly grating to me.

that said bravely default seems really cool in some ways so (the second town is awesome) so I'm going to try and stick with it.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i hated that game too! i were told that it was a jrpg with a very basic storyline which appealed to me, but the charm of a basic storyline is that it sits in the background being quiet, not interrupting you every two minutes! which mega man game would you guys recommend a dude who has lost his purpose in life?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Smash bros demo

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

order of ecclesia again for some reason

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

FFTA2 when I'm not working or waiting patiently for hyrule warriors.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

been playing bravely default which has caused me to remember why I never finish jrpgs. Namely, that I enjoy the world building and (sometimes) the characters, but hate the gameplay. I know it appeals to a lot of people, but getting to a new boss only to once again realize that no matter how strong I get new enemies will always do half of my health in one hit is incredibly grating to me.

that said bravely default seems really cool in some ways so (the second town is awesome) so I'm going to try and stick with it.

Bravely Default picks up again when you get buff enough to brave in four turns on everyone to just annihilate the enemy team before it can act. But then it jumps ahead and slows down again and that's when I stopped.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Simoom posted:

which mega man game would you guys recommend a dude who has lost his purpose in life?

Mega Man Legends

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
phineas and ferb game and doing dailies with destiny

if there is a wrong way to game then i am probably doing it

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Simoom posted:

which mega man game would you guys recommend a dude who has lost his purpose in life?

psymonkey posted:

Mega Man Legends 3

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
That's cold, Mach2.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

AE-35 Unit posted:

order of ecclesia again for some reason
The reason is because it's good.

I'm playing some Rhythm Heaven Fever. The tap dancers are glaring at me and sighing heavily, I don't think they like my performance.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Good stuff.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

1upclock posted:

Good stuff.

I loved the visuals and characters but I couldn't get over the controls. Being left handed didn't help either.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

1upclock posted:

Good stuff.

I need to get around to finishing that game, but I'm bad at the controls and my pride won't let me drop the difficulty to baby mode to compensate. And I need to finish Shovel Knight. And start and finish Layton vs. Wright.

But all that can wait until after I assemble my team in pro game for ballers, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

dark cloud 2, I kind of want to make a lets play of it

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
been playin some gba. just finished scurge: hive. gonna try and beat GBA max payne and GBA turok: evolution before movin onto super robot wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only play Quake Live and The Sims 4 these days, OP, so one of them.

• Locked thread