Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Headache no one needs is a pretty good description of Shelley, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that Shelley moves back to Tackleford just after Erin moves to London. Might be some of that hell magic keeping them separated.

Or, more likely, a proper meeting between the Winter sisters is something John Allison is not willing to tackle for now.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I always had a feeling, from reading old Bobbins, that Riley is supposed to be a dead ringer for the Icelandic girl who cheated on Tim at the end of that comic.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am kind of disappointed that we aren't getting rambling in-character reviews of the albums like in past years, I always dug those.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wyld Karde posted:

Bah, the last time John Allison killed Shelley it didn't stick. I think Jeff Rowland of WIGU et all knows what's going on.

I just realised I've been reading this stuff since Bobbins the first time around. :aaa: I'm feeling my age.

There was also the time she was shot up by the Hell's Angels and hung out in the afterlife with Ryan's French ex (you know, the one murdered with a terrorist orangutan by the church group of those ladies who run Amy's rival store) until getting bored of it. Damned if I can find the link to that story.

Been here since the Illustrator days of Scary Go Round, feeling old too.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 28, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dark Esther saves the Boy with black magick, generating hype for the Giant Days comic coming soon.

Fake Edit: Meeting Hellrin does actually sound reasonable, she showed up in the "Happy Festive Season" and the album chart, and this story did begin by making clear her human half became the Erin we've known these last few years.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That's probably the most romantic thing I've ever read in a webcomic.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Scrap Dragon posted:

Oh hey, looks like the universe didn't end after all :gbsmith:

I am quite sure Allison released that statement about wrapping up the Tackleverse in the middle of this storyline in order to keep us tense with the very real possibility of all characters being eaten by a dimensional vortex.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

So wait--was the being done with Bobbins thing specifically being done with the people prominent in this last story arc, and we'll still see the SGR crew from time to time? Or is Tackleford being abandoned entirely?

Next story is Charllote and Shauna, so the former. We'll probably catch glimpses of their lives here and there.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

howe_sam posted:

Wales brings out the worst in people I guess.

No, it is this.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fried Chicken posted:

kinda hard to sympathize with the protagonists here when they started it with the tossing the selfie stick in the sea

Tossing the selfie-stick into the sea was the only sensible option, a less restrained individual would have stuck that up the kid's rear end and out of his throat.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You'd think Bristeve Jobs would have security at his friggin' space engineering facility, but nope.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Holy poo poo.

John Allison is a genius.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, I just realized this could be setting up Linton with Little Claire eventually. Now wouldn't that be a thing? :allears:

The grandchild of the police and fire chiefs is the hero Tackleford needs.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Leroy Dennui posted:

Poor Ryan looks so bewildered by Shelley's whimsy.

Regarding Daz's response to finding out what Shauna did, I think it'll probably end up in him cleaning out Amy's shop and trying to frame her for the crime.

Actually... Yeah, that makes sense. Amy is supposed to be rich by now and he might very well get enough to pay his debt to Dixon from the burglary.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

advokat posted:

It'd be funny if the solution involved Shauna pointing out there was a law change so he can't do that anymore. (But I guess he's an illegal lender? Do we know for sure?)

Yeah, I'd say we can be pretty sure about his being an illegal operation.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gosh, I am really not feeling Destroy History, specially since it breaks the pacing of Bad Machinery. Can't complain that much though, since Allison keeps to his daily schedule like a professional.

Uh... I missed the poll, what Bobbins' character are we getting?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Autonomous Monster posted:

Who are these people who like Desmond so much and how do we kill them?

To be fair the question was between more Destroy History or a Desmond story and Destroy History has been pretty rubbish.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

At least we are not getting a week of Desmond before the next update.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fangz posted:

If you've been reading John A's Twitter you'd know that he's planning a spin-off on Erin taking over hell.

I guess he wants to write something wildly different for a change of pace. Good on him, but it will be tough having the Winters' sisters as main characters in the comic and weekend feature.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Erin became queen of hell by being callous, she probably gets more respect for keeping her one true love as a pet.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I must be missing something, but why would today's comic cause any uproar? Or is he talking about a lot of people not caring much for Mordawwa?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Giant Days is set in the year after the end of Scary Go Round, so that puts it about two years before the start of Bad Machinery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A disturbing thought as I was catching up with this week's comics... Wasn't Charlotte's sister the age the kids are now when she began to date then late-twenties Ryan?

• Locked thread