Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
SGR Mysteries: Does Her even exist or is it just everyone misremembering the name of THAT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The rugby teacher in the last panel of today's comic shows up again in Scary Go Round when Ryan goes to the afterlife.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Haha, I can't believe I recognized a Scary Go Round character who was in like three pages in 2006 and didn't realize that was Ole Knotty. :v:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Oh noooooooo. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Wyld Karde posted:

I remember reading a comment John Allison made in one of the print books of Scary Go Round that the reason he packed Tim off to Wales was because he's far too good at resolving the plot. If Tim becomes aware of shenanigans going down in Tackleford then he tends to get things sorted out pretty quick. That's why he was always going off to conventions or spending time mayoring, as ways to keep him out of the main story.

And for no particular reason, my favourite Ryan moment. I can't believe it's been over fifteen years since this one.

Tell us more about the exciting year 2018. :allears:

Anyway Expecting to Fly is so, so good and so, so sad. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Ditocoaf posted:

Would... would a kid actually get expelled for something that is undoubtedly an accident? Like, even Ol Knotty the teacher here doesn't seem inclined towards vindictiveness at all, he likes these kids.

The development works really well in this story, don't get me wrong -- unreasonably reactionary adults fit easily within my suspension of disbelief, especially in the fantastical SGR universe. But in real life, the school system would be more understanding, right? How inclined to expel are typical british schools?

Well, creating some kind of insane projectile-launching fire contraption on school grounds is probably frowned upon by the people above Knotty's head.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

We better get more Mildred! :argh:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

This is all super sad, but at least we know that in the end things did work out for Ryan and now he's a cool teacher. :unsmith:

Provided some mystery teens are on hand to repair the timeline, anyway.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm so happy Mildred is in this story. :unsmith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Back in the SGR years I picked up more than a few albums based on Shelley's descriptions. :v:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Oh no. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm mostly sad about the Bad Machinery gang, to be honest. Now their comic is double-canceled. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Oh nooooooooooo :ohdear:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Rand Brittain posted:

Tim and Shelley will give birth to a very sensible child who will raise them to be competent adults.

This is totally the glorious future stretching out ahead of them.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm so glad the Bad Machinery kids are back. :unsmith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Dangerous Person posted:

New Bad Machinery case starts on the 27th.

I'm so excited! Bad Machinery (and the other comics about its cast like Space is the Place) is by far the best, funniest, and most human work Allison has ever done.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Skinhead chat: There was this skinhead dude in my high school who went on and on about SHARP, not all skinheads are racist, etc. He later dropped out of school to become a racist skinhead.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

oh no everything is awful forever

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

hit button posted:

Wow Shauna's dad. Just wow. :smith:

oh noooooooo

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I really appreciate that every time we see a Warhammer model in Bad Machinery it's one of those goofy beaky space marines from Rogue Trader.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Bell_ posted:

How's society going to give Lotte an easier time than Shanna?

Lotte's solidly middle class, for starters.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Also the newspost says there's another case after MORDAWWA and the Lottie babysitting story, so it's not like this is meant to be the capstone on Bad Machinery forever or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

wiegieman posted:

Yes, but statistically, most wealthy people in the modern era were not born wealthy.

?????

• Locked thread