Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dan Ryckert unironically thinks that cooking is a waste of time when you have things like drive thrus. Also he thinks Taco Bell is literally the best food ever. He is the biggest autist on Giant Bomb and it's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Dan seems like the kind of guy who doesn't eat fruit and if he goes to a restaurant has to order from the kids menu/appetizer list to be satisfied.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Brad needs to cut back on the Surge.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Brad has a chin?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

So when do they upload the decision making for GOTY 2014? I need to paint my apartment and I need something to listen to.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Brad is annoying during these talks because it seems like he's willing to put a game on a list simply because he likes it and his fight for said game gets tiring quickly. Like Brad's list would consist of nothing but DOTA2 and Destiny if he could get away with it.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I'm listening to Brad defend Destiny and he's been doing it for maybe an hour now and he really sounds like a baby.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I've just realized how terrible the giant bomb site layout is. The articles seem to be sorted by random and to read the goty lists you have to scroll way down. happy new year everyone

It makes no sense and also the search function is awful. I can't just search for something I gotta make sure I'm not accidentally using their really bad wiki engine which is the default setting.

Also lol at "fun". It's why I don't play horror games.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

"you don't get it, Destiny is like Diablo" never gets met with "it's a bad version of Diablo"

Destiny is like vanilla Diablo 3. That is it sucks.

Now if they updated it to be as lively (albeit just as shallow) as current Diablo 3 then it could be a decent game.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Torchlight II is better than Diablo III.

Look at this liar stop lying

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Enjoy your unmoddable connection required AIDS loot game while I swag freely with my pet and a thousand epic mods available.

any game that requires mods to make it playable is garbage

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Weren't you fags just crying about Brad liking loot games? Fake rear end pieces of poo poo. Get your fuckin story straight or go back to Games.

nah bro I just don't care for bad games on lists where good games are being represented. It would be like adding Torchlight 2 to that list.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So are you just going to cop Jeff's entire personality because you don't have your own??

are you adopting Brad's since you seem to like poo poo games?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Actually giant bomb still rules and is the best video game website out there

I tried that blistered thumbs or whatever and it was boring as gently caress. I also tried the Super Best Friends podcast but their lead has an incredibly obnoxious personality that I just don't get at all. It feels more like a bunch of friends dicking around which is fine if you manage to reel it in and be coherent once in a while.

GB podcast best podcast.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Dan regarding RE1: I know you only get so many inventory slots but I want to carry literally everything I don't need at all times and therefore it's a bad mechanic.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

on the topic about dudes who are into fighting games and not jaded as poo poo about video games, the super best friends have a pretty good podcast!

He's right, inventory juggling sucks. Limited inventory is good at forcing you to make choices about what to carry and adding tension, but if it literally just fuels the player to do tons of back tracking or swaping things in out of a stash, it's pretty dumb.

You can play the game from start to finish without ever backtracking? Also the knife is practically pointless (except the one time you need it) since you don't need to kill everything in your path, you rarely need more than one gun on you at a time, and lol at going out of your way to save.

Also Brad getting mad at video games reminds me of when I was a teenager playing fighting games and there was this one guy who would always bitch and complain about every little thing and generally be a sour puss.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Also Dan has never eaten a mushroom.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Drew's reaction to Dan regarding pickles is perfect. "Really? Pickles also?"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

This is Ric Flair. He's just describing Ric Flair's history. He beat a "Man of nature" and took his title. His last name is Horseman. He's been divorced 4 times.

lol

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Dan goes on an awful lot of first dates and I think the reason is because he keeps taking them to wrestling events and video game theme bars.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Dan and Brad are stereotypes of lovely gamers no one wants in their D&D campaign. One smugly tries to pull stuff over another player while the other wants to smack and punch other players because "I'm playing a tough guy!"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Wormskull posted:

*lines the players up in front of a chain link fence and lifts my baseball cap, squinting at them* Uhh, yeah. I want the guy who argues with the DM at every roll, the guy who keeps breathing really heavy and knocks the Sprite over when he pretends to cast a spell, and the guy who complains about how some people just want to have some fun playing this game.

hmm yes lots of fun making things awkward for everyone else and being irl offended a thief stole 2 coins from you

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:sigh: dan just got a little less epic now that i know he's a grognard :( :ohdear:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

StabMasterArson posted:

I just don't get why they all thought Resi 5 was a great time and genuinely good but 6 shouldn't have been made or whatever. 5 felt horrendous to play and had lovely mercenaries and 6 let you backflip peoples heads off and poo poo

RE5 is just good old fashioned co-op fun while RE6 is a loving disaster with segments that give zero direction in really obnoxious ways. I remember playing as Leon and having to fight a helicopter and it was just a tedious mess of a boss fight.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I'm pretty sure Jason /hates/ Dan.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Wormskull posted:

If he hated Dan it's really weird that he came all the way from Game Informer in Minnesota with him, and is one of his best friends.

You know an uncomfortable amount about this internet celebrity Dan Ryckert

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

am I the only one who immediately backs out of a quicklook once Vinny and Alex's voices come up?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

lol at Dan making a huge fuckin mess

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

prerec is great

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Where is this I have to see it for myself.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Lotta autism itt right now

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I had a dream that Dan proposed to his girlfriend on some live stream they were doing after only a few months of dating and her response "uhhhh no".

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Listening to Jeff say he doesn't get much enjoyment out of food made me very sad.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Brad's baby bitching about Mario is amazing. "I'm not ignoring the maker aspect of the game" *goes on to ignore and actively dismiss the maker aspect of the game to focus on how the friend's list isn't perfect."

A mode that spits out random user-generated levels sometimes has some stinkers?!? Heavens to Betsy!

And then Brad literally goes on to say MGS5 is a flawed masterpiece but I guess that's ok because he enjoyed his experience with it??

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 2, 2016

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Not a single vegetable in Jeff's grocery haul. At first I thought it was a joke haul but I'm beginning to think that's just a regular shopping experience for Jeff.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

go back to Games immediately. you are dumb as poo poo lol

oh my god shut up

Ostentatious posted:

if your opinion differs from brad's, chances are it's a good opinion tbh

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Not to mention literally everyone had issues with The Witcher's controls which didn't improve much after the patch. Plus with one or two exceptions people didn't seem to enjoy the combat in TW3. It just seemed like they felt it deserved something even though not a single one of them played through the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles per Austin Walker's suggestion and why does every jrpg have to be an impenetrable mess?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)