Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like vinny a lot. his voice is good and he is down to earth and nice to everyone. Same with dan.

i feel bad for them and their good opinions about fun when someone else on the show is rude and dismissive of them and/or nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

vinny is really good in this xenoblade ql

he was real sad when they jumped off a 1000 ft cliff at the start instead of playing with the mech suit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

miner 2049er looks like it must have been pretty innovative when it came out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fFj7mC7fg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

Man Xenoblade Chronicles X... It's probably the most conflicted I ever felt about a game. It looks like something that would be an immense jam for me, but I also get the sense I'd play it a couple hours maximum.

it looks really bad rear end but the quick look kinda killed the hype for me with like 20 minutes of UI explanation right off the bat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Jeff owns hella guns.

gotta defend his 32x collection

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i failed that protection mission a whole lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Party Boat posted:

I can't wait for a two hour Brad filibuster on why a game released in 2014 should be their 2015 game of the year

destiny ttk is definitely going to get 20 minutes of debate minimum

ArfJason posted:

Thought mordor was good

yeah it was good fun. probably could have been better though. the nemesis system was neat but it has a lot more potential than they used it for and the campaign was pretty bad. excited to see where they go with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Machai posted:

piss is sterile and safe to drink right from the tap

your urethra is dirty though if you want it sterile you gotta bung your bladder

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jeff taking 10 minutes to trash ps tv for the 5th or 6th time this year was pretty funny in this week's show. he's very upset with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They sure do say bespoke a loving lot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Walrus Pete posted:

The lack of checkpoints and variable power-ups (mushroom if small, flower if big) seemed pretty disappointing to me, but then they patched those in so I'm not sure what's left to complain about. Maybe if I had a Wii-U I'd have something to say about the interface or how the online stuff is put together, but from an outside perspective it seems like it's everything it should be.

Well, being able to make and upload packs of levels that string together like a real Mario game would be really nice. They haven't patched that in right?

:eyepop:

i'd like inclines/slopes for mario 3 but its no big deal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brad likes the worst song in Axiom Verge so much he makes them all listen to the whole thing against protests

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The more they pile on him every hour so far makes me think he's going to explode on the final category in an extremely awesome fashion.

alex "we still have x more categories guys, pleeeeeease." navarro will kill him first.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Lariat posted:

I figured out why the goty podcasts are so terrible this year, poo poo works better with only 4, there's like 10 of em on there and it's too many opinions about poo poo that should be wrapped in 20 minutes or less

None of these words are "brads opinions"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

brad is good

his stubbornness leads to really funny moments because he has bad opinions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

AIDS Patient Zero

agreed. a monkey would have to have made that top ten list

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

Worst game of the year is my favorite category and I love how vicious it gets. Dan going hard in the paint for Afro Samurai is great.

It deserves it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Oh man Alex has no idea what he is talking about when saying Life is Strange characters are one dimensional, even though he hasnt finished the game

alex only cares about the feels. he can discuss the feels with his nasal voice for hours and hours which is why he and patrick were able to do their scoops and the wolf or whatever show together for so long.

VV
yeah he's still cool and funny despite this

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tumor looking batty posted:

fun times in the giant bomb thread

amazing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bloodborne's vial system - terrible problem. Just as bad as witcher 3 play control/menus and mgs being unfinished

Strongly disagree with them but whatever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I've had to grind for blood vials like twice in 100 hours of the game and it took all of 10 or 15 minutes. It's a pretty insane reason to cut it completely

Agree but like 5 mins

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Verisimilidude posted:

Not to mention literally everyone had issues with The Witcher's controls which didn't improve much after the patch. Plus with one or two exceptions people didn't seem to enjoy the combat in TW3. It just seemed like they felt it deserved something even though not a single one of them played through the whole thing.

By not playing all of it they think its all bloody baron quests for 100 hours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Liquid Penguins posted:

Jeff wedding in like 3 weeks

is there room in his house for non-videogames and rap magazines?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

After being in a relationship for a while he coincidentally decided to clean his hoarder collections into neat and organized cases.

good for jeff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I love giant robot combat and at first glance this mechwarrior game seems fun but being FTP I'm assuming it's bad if you don't intend to buy stuff with real money?

Austin said it was ok if you can handle having fewer mech bays in your garage and grinding for upgrades

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they talked about their geneology this week and brad said his ancestor died at gettysburg so dan said he being belgian was probably related to jc van damme to piss him off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like all these old videos jeff has been releasing lately where he dresses like a 8 year old kid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharkopath posted:

vive rts games might be really cool but so far it seems people only have made tower defense for it

rts is dead be glad theyre not mobas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad is a classic example of someone with a slightly above average vocabulary that tricks people into thinking he's smarter than he actually is.

Vinny and Drew on the other hand..

He says the word bespoke a hell of a lot
Almost as much as every game is "that thing"
But then he wears his quake hat and i forgive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Net cafe scandal quit or something, so now I am the ik yeah.

good pick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he did great with east this month. bacalar and alex treat him better than brad and jason too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

FEAR looks like a pretty badass game

yeah its great. weapons, encounter design, its all really sweet. sequels lose the magic though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Moola posted:

*in a Brad rear end whisper voice* we should really go back and play that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Milkman posted:

I'm watching this Dragon Ball Kai recut or whatever and they skip the part where goku goes to hell and the part where the demon lady sees his butt and wants to gently caress him wtf

They skip things that arent in the manga and it sucks when you are spending 5 mins per episode hearing krillen react to stuff and repeat info and you know you are missing out on piccolo at the dmv