Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

i still cant believe how garbage the arcade selection they put out for game room was, wasn't sunset riders supposed to come out eventually, but they hosed up game room so hard that the service died out before they got to that game pack?

They got to, and released, the rest of that game pack. But sunset riders was never made available even after everybody who was still using gameroom (so, probably just Jeff) had already downloaded it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

They're funny but sometimes they aren't. you should try watching

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i meant the whole website but i guess the thing I said is also true of the Metal Gear Scanlon series. it leans more towards funny i guess, on account of Drew is good and Dan is good at creating funny situations in general

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The WWE 2K16 video is kind of awesome.

Yeah. but I wish they had spent more time in the creator and community creations because its great to hear vinny's reaction to that stuff.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Well it's probably the oldest heel gimmick on earth is all.

i feel like the corporate style heel usually has an authority aspect to it that makes it different from just playing a jackass yuppie rich guy. unless you just meant "he's rich" is the oldest heel gimmick on earth

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It's like what Ted DiBiase was, except for 2016.

yeah true

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the Bill Dance outtakes video that dan mentions in the quick look is amazing.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

work's bad, but so is like 98% of every Extra Life stream, and only one of those are things that you can get paid to do

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

If you take time off work you can get paid to watch Extra life streams

loving salarymen

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

she sucks real bad at tetris.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

What the gently caress. She just asked how to clear a line in Tetris.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I know how to get rid of the chat on Twitch but on the GB site it's a pain in the rear end and you can't fully make it disappear and even if you do the page is just outrageously badly designed and doesn't have a scroll bar or a fit to browser mode or anything.

their player sucks rear end and breaks all the time, but for me it at least always fits to the browser automatically?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the jar time is good and jeff is very earnestly giving people buying advice for the atari 2600

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah. The actual good part is the opening 10 minutes where Jeff talks about the difference in GI Joe naming conventions between the US the UK based on a series of Commodore 64 games he played this weekend because he was bored of fallout.

lol.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

mp5 posted:

Source your quotes

based entirely on the content and tone of the quote, its definitely from the comments section of a competitive multiplayer blizzard game. they just quicklooked Overwatch so i'm gonna say its that

it might possibly be from the Battlefront QL, but the person is angry in the way that blizzard and moba fans get angry

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i assumed it was a dota game from "heroes"

thats what made me say blizzard, but yeah, they arent that different anyway. plus i think overwatch probably has dota-style mechanics in it

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what happened to mario tennis?

im listening to the QL now and apparently it plays fine and they're just really disappointed by the lack of different modes. but, it is still mario tennis with online.

edit: they just said there is no Play With Friends online option, though. thats messed up.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

It is extremely illegal to post in this forum without liking video games or gaming.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Video games are good as hell you god damned retard.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ah. Lol. Yikes.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Advice to the game disliker guy because he's probably still reading here: Try playing Mario. puta idiota.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Dan played WoW as a video feature for the site and named his character after Triple H but he could only fit CerebralAss which Jeff laughed at for like 5 minutes.

I'm listening to this now and Jeff just talked about how he no longer feels qualified to talk about time commitment in games because that past weekend he'd spent at least 3 hours playing Microsoft Bingo for Windows 8

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

jeff who has been sitting and gaming in complete silence opens his eyes real wide and leans back like a powerful wind has blown out of the tv screen

lol. thats a good jeff look.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

thinking about all the quick looks where a game asks Jeff to yell, and instead of shouting the normal way, he screams like a man being killed

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Jeff Gerstmann playing old video games.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm definitely going to play it, Xenoblade i mean, once the christmas break is over and i'm finished with the 3ds xenoblade which is good as well

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I think it's that most of the San Fran guys are just tiring to listen to, frankly. Dan is the most one-note man of all time besides probably his dad, and as much as I love brad and jeff, they also basically do the same set every single time a mic is on.

People don't ask Jeff about his personal history enough anymore, like the housing stories about stealing doors to replace the ones they smashed off the hinges or having too-large parties somewhere in a field. That kind of thing was always the whole point of listening to the old West Coast Giant Bombcast, to me.

probably because Ryan was the one who knew all those stories and would be able to reference one of them if it came up. RIP.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I don't mind Dan at all, but perhaps that's because I dont listen to the podcast to hear him making arguments like "Terminator 3 is good"

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

His Thing where he's the willfully simple-minded annoying Kansas shitbird is only funny the first time you hear it, imo, since he's spent his whole life deliberately being as bird brained as possible. He's a lot better when he's just breaking out decades old cheat codes on stupid car games or trying to type wrestling memes into MMOs.

I can't believe they really made a whole podcast with the premise of him giving Serious Life Advice

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Has anybody listened to the Jeff episodes and can comment on the amount of quality Jeff-style stories they contain?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Jeff's mixlr is going right now but at the moment he's just sighing and listening to Oh Me So Horny on the car radio

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

good post.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Then there's also the sketchy suburban housing Jeff who let weird roommates turn his place into a poo poo hole and stole doors from abandoned houses to try to replace the ones that they'd smashed.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-game-room-for-062310/2300-2830/ this is probably my favorite video on the site (jump to around 10 minutes in for the godly content)

i was going to say something like "thats the one where jeff spends like 20 minutes playing the really repetitive alien shooter, right" as an exaggeration, but then i looked at the video and it turns out he actually did spend over 20 minutes doing that

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

praying they find the cure for Dota Brain AIDS.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I appreciate that Austin is as frustrated as I am about not being able to play Border Break.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Let's all behave as dogs would, and demonstrate the tastes and sensibilities of a dog.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i;ve never even noticed or realized that persona is rated M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I think it's because of kings game scene. I can't think what else it could be. kanji's swearing? idr if he ever drops an F bomb.

Dead people (treated very seriously like real murder) or mild sexuality (shadow rise, shadow kanji, also yukiko's cutscene i guess), i assume. But youre right that kanji also says poo poo. maybe its a combo of all that stuff because none of it seems strong enough on its own