Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Gave the pilot a shot after pretty much walking out of the cinema after Episode III and being done with SW as a whole. But new Rebellion era stuff.... ahhh, you're dragging me back in.

eriktown posted:

The West End comparison is perfect. Reminds me of a really good game with friends.

Absolutely. I was watching the first 10 minutes and thinking "Hey, this reminds me of stuff we used to do" (Brash Pilots represent). That was 'my' Star Wars when I was young and they seem to have captured the spirit that was lacking in the prequels.

The logo on the door of the slave ship the Wookies were supposed to be behind made me smile. Looking forward to more extremely obscure OT references as I think I'm on board for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Serotonin posted:

New to the screen but I had one of those troop transports back in the early 80s

Sadly excited to see it in the show

I was watching when the realisation slowly dawned. An Imperial transport. With people in side pods.... Nah, they wouldn't include an original not-seen on screen and never re-released toy would they?....

Holy poo poo they have.

(I hope someone in the crew brought their old ones into the office to do some '3d storyboarding' with them. Probably at the same time as bringing the old dumpy Kenner TIE model for reference)

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Baron Bifford posted:

Imperial Stormtroopers never look through their scopes when aiming at the enemy.

Nor do they never extend the stocks and fire from the shoulder either.

(Possible reasons include losing a turn in the RPG to do it - we've agree they're playing WEG rules, yeah? -, or because the real scopes are mounted backwards, so things look tiny if you can even get the right eye relief to look through it. Or it's just tradition at this point.)

Have enjoyed the last couple of episodes, key points being I didn't reflexively hate the Inquisitor (I'd half expected the usual face-palming Sith stuff from the EU) - he even gets a pass on the novelty lightsaber for now - and the space battles have got me thinking about TIE Fighter again, especially now it's available from COG.

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 3, 2014

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Astro Nut posted:

If I had to wager, the same copy and paste of pale, angry dudes that got by on some combination of snarling, brooding, and angst.

This. Absolutely this.

The Inquisitor isn't another Darth Xerox, or Darth Ctrl-V, he's an old-school moustache-twirling villian with clearly a sense of enjoyment and joy to his work. A couple of appearances and we've already learnt that we have a smart, cool, collected adversary and his job is to find and, if necessary, kill children. And he loves it.

Silly over-the-top lightsaber for that? Yeah, go on. It's a kid's TV show.

Burning_Monk posted:

I always assumed it was that they couldn't see out of the helmets, like Luke pointed out in New Hope.

I don't think Luke really fitted the armour of the guy he stole it off. Having too big a helmet and not being able to see out of the eye holes properly is different to them not being functional.

(See, Rebels, look what you're turning me back into, dammit.)

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
On the other hand, of Stormtroopers, training and ability, I am reminded of a section of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLl0_mqLtc&t=94s

Must be a hard life, constantly falling over things.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holy poo poo I miss weg d6.

Many, many hours spent with good friends, Star Wars and a load of dice.

Oh holy poo poo, yes.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Why can't I switch off the part of my mind that questions what A-Wings are doing before ANH? Quiet you, enjoy the B-Wing story.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I don't see why us getting A-Wings and B-Wings being awesome is a bad thing.

It's not, anything with A-Wings is inherently good. They never seem to get enough love, they were always my favourite from the X-Wing series. B-Wings, while cool looking, were always a bit dumpy to fly.

meristem posted:

I'm pretty happy not to know what the Wookieepedia says about A-Wings (please don't tell me).

And I don't really care either. I always saw them as the analogue of the TIE Interceptor, appearing sometime between ESB and ROTJ, new and rare ships the Rebellion husbanded for the Endor attack. Wasn't there something stupid about Ackbar having a hand in the B-Wing or something too? At least we lose that.

Alternatively:

MildShow posted:

"Disney!!!" :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
It'll never be Rogue Squadron without Wedge :colbert: (and preferably Hobbie and Janson)

But I'll settle for a kick-rear end X-Wing film. Please be a kick-rear end X-Wing film.

Edit. Seen the tweet. Sounds more like a Wraith Sqauadron gig. That'll do.

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 19, 2015

• Locked thread